'James Comey, you're not our homie!': Pre-school caliber protesters disrupt ex-FBI director's speech at Howard University
David Fritz
2017-09-24 04:17:34 UTC
Former FBI director James B. Comey was heckled and jeered throughout a
speech Friday at Howard University by a group of protesters chanting “No
justice, no peace” in a loud, contentious standoff that didn’t end until
he finished his remarks.

The scene made for a difficult reappearance for the man fired by President
Trump in May. It was Comey’s first public speech since he testified before
Congress in June about his firing, and few in the crowd of over 1,000
could hear much of what he said.

“Get out James Comey! You’re not our homie!” the group of about 20
protesters chanted.

Comey repeatedly asked to be permitted to speak, but the protesters
continued chanting.

“No justice, no peace, no f---ing police!” they shouted.

Eventually, the larger audience began cheering “Let him speak!” But the
protesters were not deterred or quieted. ?

University officials also repeatedly and unsuccessfully sought to persuade
the protesters to let Comey speak, telling them to “be better than this’’
and allow for an open debate of ideas. In response, the protesters
chanted, “White supremacy is not a debate!”

Comey, wearing black academic robes, sought to get the attention of the
crowd, to no avail.

“I’m only going to speak for 12 minutes,” he said of his convocation
address, joking that if the protesters kept it up they were all going to
be late for lunch.

“I love the enthusiasm of the young folks. I just wish they would
understand what a conversation is,’’ said Comey, trying to speak above the
interruptions of the protesters.

At one point, university professor Bernard Richardson sought to quell the
protest, saying, “That’s not the Howard University way.”

Comey remained quiet for about 10 minutes but then decided to deliver his
speech over the shouting. Delivering his prepared remarks, Comey spoke of
the importance of young people finding and expressing their voice but
urged them to also seek understanding of their parents and the generations
that came before them. Much of his remarks were drowned out by the
protesters’ shouting.

“Our country is going through one of those periods where we’re trying to
figure out who are we really and what do we stand for. It’s painful,”
Comey said.

The former FBI director has agreed to take part in a lecture series at
Howard this year. He ended his remarks to the crowd by saying: “Welcome to
Howard. I’m honored to be here with you, and I look forward to adult
conversation about what is right and what is true.’’

The crowd gave him a standing ovation.

“That was really crazy,” said Howard freshmen Taylor Davis. “Honestly,
I’ve never seen anything like that before. I grew up in the suburbs.”

Davis said that she agreed with the protesters’ message but added: “I do
think Comey deserved to speak. There was a lot of people, the majority in
there, did want to hear him out and were ready to have a serious
conversation.”

After the ceremony, a larger crowd of protesters outside the hall yelled
more anti-Comey chants.

The protesting students issued a statement saying Comey “represents an
institution diametrically opposed to the interests of black people
domestically and abroad. While his tenure at the FBI has finished, his
impact on our community remains.”

In particular, they faulted him with propagating what some officials have
called “the Ferguson effect” — a theory that the rise in violent crime is
due to police being fearful of facing public criticism for being too
violent, and therefore avoiding confrontations with criminals.

One student, 17-year-old Dave Cassell, said he agreed with the message of
the protesters.

“It makes sense due to the racial history between the FBI and black
people,” Cassell said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/protesters-disrupt-
former-fbi-director-comeys-speech-at-howard-
university/2017/09/22/ae75d1c8-9fae-11e7-9c8d-
cf053ff30921_story.html?utm_term=.49369c2cddbb
TOS tRudey now!
2017-09-24 15:25:30 UTC
“No
justice, no peace”
I think it's time for shitbag tRudey/Jonathan Ball to be TOS'd.

What say people?

Complaints to:

https://help.easynews.com/customer/portal/emails/new

https://help.easynews.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2190634-easynews-abuse

How do I contact Easynews Abuse?
Easynews Abuse handles all correspondences and inquiries via email. You
can contact Easynews Abuse via email at ***@easynews.com.

Please include the message header or sample of the message headers for
the post(s) in question.

***@easynews.com

https://easynews.com/agreement.html

SPAM. Easynews enforces a zero-tolerance spam policy regarding our users
posts to usenet through our network. It is the sole discretion of
Easynews to determine if a user's posts are considered spam. A
definition of spam can be found at http://spam.abuse.net. If Easynews
has determined that a user has posted 1 or more articles of spam, that
user will be charged a $500 per hour clean-up fee and the user's account
will be canceled immediately and all reasonable efforts will be made by
Easynews to prevent the user from using our network anytime thereafter.

CONTENT. Customer shall not use the system to post or transmit any
illegal material, including without limitation any transmissions that
would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or
otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or
regulation. Easynews may remove content from the system at any time and
at its sole discretion. Easynews is not liable for the loss or removal
of any data posted on our system. By using our services, the customer
expressly waives the right to seek damages with respect to any such loss
or removal.

http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in
an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose
to receive it.