Sorry California
Add Reply
wolfbat359
2017-10-10 22:59:15 UTC
2017-10-10 23:44:15 UTC
Post by wolfbat359
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22406388_1736601209766259_1026639744356921561_n.png?oh=b4bccf96c3a35d4e5c846b2a0d8db9af&oe=5A767473
I don't think the Californians are doing enough. It's their problem. It's not a federal problem. Fires are a recurring problem in California. Californians should expand their fire fighting capabilities and efforts. Let Californians regulate fires - 'fire control'.
El Castor
2017-10-11 00:05:45 UTC
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 15:59:15 -0700 (PDT), wolfbat359
Post by wolfbat359
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22406388_1736601209766259_1026639744356921561_n.png?oh=b4bccf96c3a35d4e5c846b2a0d8db9af&oe=5A767473
I'm not in the fire zone, but close enough to get the smoke and ash.
My daughter has been evacuated, but her house is OK.

I can assure you of two things ...

1. Fire victims don't give damn what Trump does or does not tweet.
2. Fire control is a state and local issue.

BTW -- We have quite a few Muslims in the area.
wolfbat359
You think they started the fires?????????????
El Castor
2017-10-11 08:30:15 UTC
Post by wolfbat359
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22406388_1736601209766259_1026639744356921561_n.png?oh=b4bccf96c3a35d4e5c846b2a0d8db9af&oe=5A767473
I'm not in the fire zone, but close enough to get the smoke and ash.
My daughter has been evacuated, but her house is OK.
I can assure you of two things ...
1. Fire victims don't give damn what Trump does or does not tweet.
2. Fire control is a state and local issue.
BTW -- We have quite a few Muslims in the area.
You think they started the fires?????????????
Probably not, but I've read that the arson angle is being
investigated. I've lived in the Bay Area most of my life, and this
isn't exactly a usual thing. The only thing that compares is the
Oakland hills fire of several years ago, and this is far bigger.

"California Fire Experts to Probe Why 17 Fires Erupted in Just 24
Hours
One expert said falling power lines and arson are being considered as
causes"
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/California-Fire-Experts-Probe-Cause-of-Fast-Moving-Fires-450303083.html
rumpelstiltskin
2017-10-11 13:48:24 UTC
Post by wolfbat359
[...]
Somebody on the news yesterday mentioned people
throwing live cigarette butts out of their cars, and that
may well be how some of those fires get started ISTM.
Emily
2017-10-12 23:36:51 UTC
Somebody on the news yesterday mentioned people
throwing live cigarette butts out of their cars, and that
may well be how some of those fires get started ISTM.
The first time I went to California was in 1977 or 8. A girl I worked
with and I went to a convention, but stayed a week or more longer than
that. We rented a car and drove to as many places as we could in the
time allotted. We were surprised at the signs along the road in
Beverly Hills about throwing out cigarettes. In most of the motels
where we stayed, there were signs in the bathroom instructing us to
turn off the water while we brushed our teeth. These things seemed so
alien to us because I don't think there's even been a water shortage
in Virginia and it's just not something we think about.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-10-13 00:42:44 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Somebody on the news yesterday mentioned people
throwing live cigarette butts out of their cars, and that
may well be how some of those fires get started ISTM.
The first time I went to California was in 1977 or 8. A girl I worked
with and I went to a convention, but stayed a week or more longer than
that. We rented a car and drove to as many places as we could in the
time allotted. We were surprised at the signs along the road in
Beverly Hills about throwing out cigarettes. In most of the motels
where we stayed, there were signs in the bathroom instructing us to
turn off the water while we brushed our teeth. These things seemed so
alien to us because I don't think there's even been a water shortage
in Virginia and it's just not something we think about.
There is a lot more desert on the West than on the East
Coast. Robert Frost was born in San Francisco, but became
the poet of New England, and spent some time before he
got married in the Dismal Swamp in Virginia. Maybe he
was getting hydrated to prepare for his life on the East
Coast.

Gary
2017-10-11 12:02:12 UTC
Post by wolfbat359
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22406388_1736601209766259_1026639744356921561_n.png?oh=b4bccf96c3a35d4e5c846b2a0d8db9af&oe=5A767473
I'm not in the fire zone, but close enough to get the smoke and ash.
My daughter has been evacuated, but her house is OK.
I can assure you of two things ...
1. Fire victims don't give damn what Trump does or does not tweet.
2. Fire control is a state and local issue.
BTW -- We have quite a few Muslims in the area.
You think they started the fires?????????????
I doubt if muslims start them. They don't smoke. My guess is 90% of forest fires are
started either by an arsonist or by some slow witted smoker who doesn't have intelligence
enough to put out his cigarette. I wish they would publicly hang a few of them.
We'd have fewer forest fires in the future.
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 13:14:16 UTC
Speaking of arson, when I was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, I knew a Lt. Wisby from San Rafael, which is in Marin County and not far from the current fire. He told me that there was a contest among the local boys to see who could start the first fire of the season.

Eugene FitzAubrey