Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News Channel after 20 years
JackPineSavage
2017-04-19 21:46:25 UTC
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/oreillys-bosses-commenting-reports-46890158

I think I may have listed to 2 or 3 episodes of his show over the years,
I just don't have an interest in any of the talking heads on any of the
so-called Big 3 news networks. I do know from some of the prior comments
posted in here by the left-oriented folks that this will be a great
cause for celebration. Perhaps PMSNBC's Madcow could be next.....
Emily
2017-04-19 23:23:28 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/oreillys-bosses-commenting-reports-46890158
I think I may have listed to 2 or 3 episodes of his show over the years,
I just don't have an interest in any of the talking heads on any of the
so-called Big 3 news networks. I do know from some of the prior comments
posted in here by the left-oriented folks that this will be a great
cause for celebration. Perhaps PMSNBC's Madcow could be next.....
I really don't get the connection between his sexual assaults and his
job. Didn't Fox or O'Reilly or somebody pay these women very well for
their pain and suffering? It doesn't matter at all to me whether he
stays or goes. I never watch him.

Why would anyone want to get rid of Rachel? Is she too much of a
threat to Fox? How clever of you to call her Madcow. So original.
islander
2017-04-20 00:45:09 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by JackPineSavage
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/oreillys-bosses-commenting-reports-46890158
I think I may have listed to 2 or 3 episodes of his show over the years,
I just don't have an interest in any of the talking heads on any of the
so-called Big 3 news networks. I do know from some of the prior comments
posted in here by the left-oriented folks that this will be a great
cause for celebration. Perhaps PMSNBC's Madcow could be next.....
I really don't get the connection between his sexual assaults and his
job. Didn't Fox or O'Reilly or somebody pay these women very well for
their pain and suffering? It doesn't matter at all to me whether he
stays or goes. I never watch him.
Why would anyone want to get rid of Rachel? Is she too much of a
threat to Fox? How clever of you to call her Madcow. So original.
The last two women to accuse O'Reilly are not asking for compensation.
I tend to agree with them. It is too easy for some rich dude to escape
responsibility for his actions by buying off anyone who complains. It
is time that these old men learned that women deserve respect for what
they do and not because they are a sex object.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 01:11:21 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
Maybe they're rich. A person of ordinary means would have
to think twice before turning down a million-dollar bribe,
non-taxable of course.
islander
2017-04-20 14:01:01 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
In this morning's news there are now two more women who are accusing
O'Reilly with sexual discrimination and abuse. That makes four who have
come forward and who are not asking for compensation. And no, they are
not rich, just women who are standing up for women's rights.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 18:44:43 UTC
<snip>
The last two women to accuse O'Reilly are not asking for compensation.
I tend to agree with them. It is too easy for some rich dude to escape
responsibility for his actions by buying off anyone who complains. It
is time that these old men learned that women deserve respect for what
they do and not because they are a sex object.
Maybe they're rich. A person of ordinary means would have
to think twice before turning down a million-dollar bribe,
non-taxable of course.
In this morning's news there are now two more women who are accusing
O'Reilly with sexual discrimination and abuse. That makes four who have
come forward and who are not asking for compensation. And no, they are
not rich, just women who are standing up for women's rights.
They must be nuns filled with fear of the wrath of Jehovah
if they wouldn't look twice at a million dollars.

I just read that Justin Bieber is "worth" 230 million dollars
now. The article chided his lavish lifestyle, but I don't think
he's even 25 yet, so why not? I listened to a little bit of his
first hit, "boyfriend" once, but didn't finish listening to it,
and haven't heard a note of anything else he's written and
performed. I imagine his appeal is almost exclusively to
girls in the range of age 10 to 15, and his appeal is largely
based on his good looks, which might be fading now that
he's becoming an old man of 25. I don't think his music
would even appeal to boys of that age range, but it's
been a long time since I was that age. I remember that
in high school I used to play Del Shannon's "Runaway" on
piano for the kids in school and was really taken with it
myself. I never bought the music for it: it's
straightforward enough to play by ear even for somebody
who doesn't usually play by ear. Even then though, I
was sold on classical and the pop music was mostly just
for other people. I was sold on classical right from the
very start at age 11 when I started taking piano lessons.
It just always was "my kind of music".

I just listened to the above, and I think my piano
version, which I'm sure I can still remember though
I haven't played it since I was a teenager, was a
lot more exciting. It was definitely a lot faster.
I never made big bucks off it though, which I
suppose Del Shannon did.

I just Wiki'd Del Shannon, and found that he shot
himself in 1990, at age 55, in depression:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Shannon

I'll be off to the annual 420 celebration, 420 being
slang for "marijuana", in Golden Gate park pretty
soon, today being "4/20"/2017. I almost never buy
marijuana anymore, but I still rarely turn down a
hit, and if you're 72 with white hair walking around
amid a big crowd of stoners who could be your
grandkids, people are always offering you a hit.
islander
2017-04-21 15:54:15 UTC
<snip>
http://youtu.be/0S13mP_pfEc
I just listened to the above, and I think my piano
version, which I'm sure I can still remember though
I haven't played it since I was a teenager, was a
lot more exciting. It was definitely a lot faster.
I never made big bucks off it though, which I
suppose Del Shannon did.
I just Wiki'd Del Shannon, and found that he shot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_Shannon
I'll be off to the annual 420 celebration, 420 being
slang for "marijuana", in Golden Gate park pretty
soon, today being "4/20"/2017. I almost never buy
marijuana anymore, but I still rarely turn down a
hit, and if you're 72 with white hair walking around
amid a big crowd of stoners who could be your
grandkids, people are always offering you a hit.
When I was in high school there were only two radio stations in that
little town in Florida. One was Country/Western and the other
Classical. I still have no particular interest in Country/Western.

I haven't seen any announcements for a local 420 celebration, even tho
recreational use of marijuana is legal here. I've never used it, not
even a hit when offered to me. That was a product of 25 years
maintaining a high level security clearance. Sadly, I missed a lot in
the '60s and '70s. If offered a hit now, I'd probably accept, but
haven't been tempted to buy any.

My wife uses cannabis (she refuses to call it marijuana) in various oils
and non-smoking forms. It was so difficult for her to quit smoking, she
doesn't want to take any chances with being tempted, even tho she knows
that smoking marijuana is not addictive.
Gary
2017-04-20 15:37:40 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
Is it not possible for the old men to respect a woman for the great work she
does -- and at the same time see her as an attractive and desirable female?
Does the former rule out the latter ?
Gary
2017-04-20 12:24:43 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by JackPineSavage
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/oreillys-bosses-commenting-reports-46890158
I think I may have listed to 2 or 3 episodes of his show over the years,
I just don't have an interest in any of the talking heads on any of the
so-called Big 3 news networks. I do know from some of the prior comments
posted in here by the left-oriented folks that this will be a great
cause for celebration. Perhaps PMSNBC's Madcow could be next.....
I really don't get the connection between his sexual assaults and his
job. Didn't Fox or O'Reilly or somebody pay these women very well for
their pain and suffering? It doesn't matter at all to me whether he
stays or goes. I never watch him.
Why would anyone want to get rid of Rachel? Is she too much of a
threat to Fox? How clever of you to call her Madcow. So original.
I have watched O'Reilly a few times a week for years. Why ? Because he had a
lot of interesting guests and because I could keep up with politics -- without
having to do a lot of reading on the subject. Greta Von Susteren was also
very good. But she left Fox for NBC. So now I have no reason to watch Fox
anymore. So long Murdock !
Emily
2017-04-20 13:08:35 UTC
I have watched O'Reilly a few times a week for years. Why ? Because he had a
lot of interesting guests and because I could keep up with politics -- without
having to do a lot of reading on the subject. Greta Von Susteren was also
very good. But she left Fox for NBC. So now I have no reason to watch Fox
anymore. So long Murdock !
Greta is now on MSNBC at 6 pm. I have no idea why since no one I
know, or whose comments I read on Facebook, watches her, including me.
Gary
Thanks. I may tune in one evening to see if I still like her.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 01:11:21 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/oreillys-bosses-commenting-reports-46890158
I think I may have listed to 2 or 3 episodes of his show over the years,
I just don't have an interest in any of the talking heads on any of the
so-called Big 3 news networks. I do know from some of the prior comments
posted in here by the left-oriented folks that this will be a great
cause for celebration. Perhaps PMSNBC's Madcow could be next.....
Maddow doesn't behave offensively, or at least so it seems
to me though perhaps conservatives feel otherwise. O'Reilly's
whole schtick, though, was being an a..hole. I can't blame him
I guess, since that "sells" to the tune of millions of dollars a
year, so I'd do it too, if I could do it and could make millions of
dollars a year by doing it. That said though, he did seem such
an a..hole to me that I didn't ever watched more than a minute
or two before I turned him off in disgust. I've not watched
Rachel Maddow often either, perhaps because she's mostly on
cable and I only have (and only want) antenna TV. My
favourite "personality" these days is Amy Walter. She
brightens up my hour when I run into her on antenna TV,
which is not that often. She has a very attractive manner
(very much unlike O'Reilly) and she's spot on in synchrony with
my own weltanschauung. She looks so good and so young
that I was surprised when I found out how old she is (47 now).
She's a Lesbo, too, which gets her big additional points with
me, though I already really liked her before I found that out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Walter
wolfbat359
Which news organization is she with? Maybe I have watch her! Don't know!
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 05:03:18 UTC
On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:14:45 -0700 (PDT), wolfbat359
Post by wolfbat359
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
As I said, I only "happen to" run into her from time to time,
but of the places noted in that wiki article, I'd guess I've
most likely seen her on Washington Week or Face the Nation
or PBS Newshour or Meet the Press.
wolfbat359
I just watch C-Span, Democracy Now (But not so much anymore) and BBC News! RT comes on at 1 in the morning and has three episodes in a row!
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 14:10:59 UTC
Post by wolfbat359
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
I don't even know what C-span is: probably cable, I guess.

I catch RT pretty often consdering that I mostly just channel flip.
I just tried to find a weekly schedule for channel 32 but
didn't find anything compact enough to bother with.

I like Amy Goodman a lot, but Democracy Now seems to be
a bit too dry for me thiese days.

I haven't seen BBC news for a long time. I don't know if it's
still available to me.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 14:10:59 UTC
Post by wolfbat359
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
P.S. I'm watching RT right now, since I started channel
flipping when there was nothing that interested me on the
other channels (the O'Relly firing was the biggest story).
On Zap2It, though there's no mention of RT for this time
slot. The slot is just named "Journal News Euromax".
I guess either channel 32 or Zap2it has been successfully
intimidated.
billbowden
2017-04-20 05:12:49 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
I only listen to AM radio, nothing on TV other than major stuff like the
election debates or inaugurations. Bill Handel is pretty center of the road
on KFI los angeles. He's a lawyer and usually has a good idea of what is
going on without any preference. He also has a show on Saturdays called
'Handel on the law' where callers call in about their legal problems and he
tells them they have no case, or might win something in court. I got his
autograph a couple years ago at a charity drive.

.
islander
2017-04-20 14:48:36 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
Amy Walter appears every Monday along with Tamara Keith on PBS Newshour
in their Politics Monday segment. Yes, she is smart and well spoken. I
look forward to that segment each week.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-20 18:44:43 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
Ah, that may be where I've usually seen her. I don't watch
PBS newshour on Monday as a regular thing, but I'll try to
remember that now, just to catch Amy Walter.
b***@gmail.com
2017-04-20 19:25:34 UTC
Ah, that may be where I've usually seen her [Amy Walters].
Amy Walter (born October 19, 1969) is an American political
analyst, currently serving as national editor of The Cook
Political Report. Before this, she served as the political
director of ABC News, based in Washington, DC.
islander
2017-04-21 15:28:41 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
The PBS Newshour is one of the few news programs that does a good job of
providing their content on-line, broken down into segments so that you
don't have to watch the whole thing and even providing transcripts if
you prefer to read the dialog. Here is Politics Monday from this week:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/getting-tax-reform-done-crucial-republicans/
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-21 18:57:29 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
Thanks for the link. If Amy Walter and I were heterosexual,
and I were 25 years younger and anywhere near her class in
good looks, I'd marry her.

As for the anti-Russian spot, maybe RT wouldn't be as popular
among some in the USA if most of the US news programs didn't
strike those some as so drenched in propaganda that one can't
believe anything one hears on them about national, and especially
about international, politics. As for Russia-bashing, I'm really
tired of it. The USA tries to use its influence to sway popular
opinion in the Western World too, and the USA is much more
successful at that than Russia is.
islander
2017-04-22 13:24:51 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
That is an attempt to excuse Russia because we are just as bad.
Interfering with another country's democratic election is wrong, no
matter who does it.

The serious issue here is whether or not the Trump campaign colluded
with the Russians. In the news yesterday it appears that two memos
obtained from Russian sources prove collusion. If that holds up, it
could have serious consequences for Trump. Meanwhile, it appears that
Russia is playing the same game in Europe and especially in France.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-22 13:36:55 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
No, it's an attempt to say how bad US propaganda is.
I don't accept the assertions that Russia successfully
interfered with US politics any worse than the USA
and other nations have done. What exactly were the
Russians supposed to have done, anyway? Did they
cause ballot boxes to be "lost" as in Florida in 2000?
How could anything they did have distorted the vote?
Persuading people by arguments that oppose
establishment US arguments, especially if
establishment US arguments are habitually largely
deliberately constructed and disguised lies, doesn't
count as "interfering".
Post by islander
The serious issue here is whether or not the Trump campaign colluded
with the Russians. In the news yesterday it appears that two memos
obtained from Russian sources prove collusion. If that holds up, it
could have serious consequences for Trump. Meanwhile, it appears that
Russia is playing the same game in Europe and especially in France.
If American assertions hadn't lost all credibility, that
might be worth looking at, but IMV it's all more likely
to be a construction deliberately made out of lies,
cleverly or clumsily, than anything else.
d***@gmail.com
They are doing it overtly in France. Not covertly. Don't forget, Islander, we allied with COMMUNISM to defeat NAZIISM during WWII.
d***@gmail.com
2017-04-24 16:35:43 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
We allied with Communist Russia to defeat Naziism in WWII. Then we killed 50,000 American 20 yr. olds fighting Communism in Vietnam as a proxy war against Communist Russia and Communist China. So , islander, what's wrong now with having the enemy Communist USSR as a Christian Russia as an ally as we face subversive forces from the Arab and Persian Middle East dealing with a criminally organized Caliphate setting up itself as a threat to the usual ism? This time from the returning Jews from what was once called Palestine now calling itself Israel.
An ARAB SPRING means no respect for the borders or existence of Syria in the face of promoting a Sunni Caliphate. What do you think is "The Arab Spring", Islander?
Communism and Naziism faced off in Europe. So in this century we are seeing Zionism and a Caliphate.
It only depends if nations are stupid enough to believe what the Jews seem to believe in the USA, "might" makes RIGHT. Especially if foreign interests are successful in making Americans ignore President George Washington's warning to all Americans in his Farewell Address about becoming entangled in "foreign" interest. One war in a man's life time is enough. Personally, I have no respect for ism's of any kind Catholicism i.e., means the business of, not the sanctity of, the Church. That goes for a muslim caliphate as well as zionism as in communism and its nemesis naziism. ISM is an arabic word meaning other than religion. Zionism implies religion while being political. A Sunni Caliphate puts politics ahead of religion.
Persia and Iraq are NOT sunni majority countries. The US has its head up its Middle Eastern ass if they continue the 1980's tradition of getting the Iraquis under Sadham Hussein to fight a meaningless war with ancient Persia aka IRAN. A Caliphate can only profit Palestine and Arabia. Not Syria and Iran nor Iraq.
d***@gmail.com
2017-05-24 12:52:15 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
To get back on topic. If Bill O'Reilly paid off several bitches behaving like sluts to see if a man would be dumb enough to feel flattered by such behavior, but then there is the head of Fox News dying a few days ago after playing along with a woman who behaved like a slut and the head of the news channel playing along with her wanting the job so badly being interpreted by her as him "willing" to take her up on her behavior.
If she becomes a has-been years later, and no one would ever look at her twice. She might complain about her own behavior and want compensation for feeling she had to behave like a slut in order to get employed at a news station like Fox.
mg
2017-04-20 22:12:34 UTC
Post by JackPineSavage
[...]
I've never noticed her before, but it appears that she has a
sterling reputation and has received some awards and is
nonpartisan. She is apparently a guest on a lot of shows,
but I think one might be most likely to see her (gasp) on
"Special Report with Bret Baier" on Fox news. It looks like
you can watch some of those shows on youtube. Here's an
example:

Here's an excerpt from Wiki:

"Walter's work has been featured in the Washington Post, the
Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. She has also
been featured on numerous broadcasts, most recently Gwen
Ifill's Washington Week, Face the Nation (CBS), PBS Newshour
(PBS), Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, Andrea Mitchell
Reports (MSNBC), the Daily Rundown (MSNBC), the Chris
Matthews Show (MSNBC), and Meet the Press (MSNBC).[5] She
has also made numerous appearances on Special Report with
Brett Baier both as a contributor and on the panel.

Walter was also part of the Emmy-winning CNN election
coverage team in 2006. She was the recipient of the
Washington Post's Crystal Ball Award[4] and in 2009 was
deemed by Washingtonian magazine one of the 50 top
journalists in DC.[6]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Walter

She's the editor of the cook report at cookpolitical.com.
So, I would surmise that anything that one is likely to read
on that website would be fairly objective. Here's an
interesting example article, though, that she wrote
personally in January:
http://cookpolitical.com/story/10216
w***@msn.com
2017-04-22 01:51:25 UTC
Sure iIt would. Do you breathe heavy and have tingles go up your leg when you listen to her? I bet if she says something you don't like that you'd killfile her amd shake with disgust, just like any snowflake would, or maybe you'd leave your haven and go torch a car, like a true leftie.
d***@gmail.com
2017-04-22 02:10:37 UTC
Post by w***@msn.com
Post by rumpelstiltskin
She's a Lesbo, too, which gets her big additional points with
me,\\\
Sure iIt would. Do you breathe heavy and have tingles go up your leg when you listen to her? I bet if she says something you don't like that you'd killfile her amd shake with disgust, just like any snowflake would, or maybe you'd leave your haven and go torch a car, like a true leftie.
I was reading down , and when I got to Rump's remark about liking lesbians I skipped down to the end of the thread, Wizardr...
Especially since yesterday I put Judith Reisman's pdf out there about the "Pink Swastika".