In St. Louis, The Politics Of Police Reform Are Tougher Than Ever
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-09-13 18:31:26 UTC
Tsk, tsk, tsk...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ferguson-st-louis-police-reform_us_59a722b8e4b07e81d354e8ca?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

ST. LOUIS ― Last month, just over three years after a police officer shot
and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown in nearby Ferguson, authorities started
erecting barriers around the Carnahan Courthouse and police headquarters in
downtown St. Louis.

The city was bracing for a verdict in the first-degree murder trial of Jason
Stockley, a white St. Louis police officer who killed 24-year-old Anthony
Smith in 2011. Prosecutors said Stockley was carrying his personal AK-47, an
unauthorized weapon, and that he “executed” Smith following a car chase and
planted a gun in the man’s vehicle. A dash cam recorded Stockley saying “I’m
going to kill this motherfucker” as he pursued Smith’s vehicle.

Stockley resigned from the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department in 2013,
but wasn’t charged until 2016. Thinking he’d have better luck with a judge
than the citizens of St. Louis, he waived his right to a jury trial. His
fate was in the hands of St. Louis Circuit Judge Timothy Wilson.

Today, more than three weeks after the trial wrapped on Aug. 18, there’s
still no word from the judge. Activists have pledged to shut down the city
in the event of a “not guilty” verdict. “This movement is definitely ready
to take it up a notch,” Tory Russell, a Ferguson protester, said during a
press conference by the courthouse. He pledged 100 days of protest. Clergy
members told the judge last week that there’d be blood on his hands if he
didn’t find Stockley guilty.

The city of St. Louis is on edge once again.

/snip - read the cited linked article/
w***@msn.com
2017-09-14 05:27:11 UTC
Post by Lawrence Akutagawa
[...]
Lawrence wishes his skin were white

And that his brain was not so slight

But sadly he's so yellow

An ugly, slant eyed fellow

Who wants to look Caucasion, but will never look quite right
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-09-14 17:44:35 UTC
The Old Fool wrote in message news:cb05a67a-e0e4-447a-9d33-***@googlegroups.com...

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 5:24:50 PM UTC-7, Lawrence Akutagawa
Post by Lawrence Akutagawa
[...]

***** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

The Old Fool rightfully show us all yet again makes my case for me that he
the Old Fool can do but one and only one thing - as well vindicated by his
Old Fool post here; namely, make an Old Fool out of himself the Old Fool.

Thank you, Old Fool, for yet again making my case for me.
I really do appreciate, Old Fool, you the Old Fool again and again making my
case for me by showing one and all...as in your Old Fool post here...that
you the Old Fool can do but one and only one thing - one trick dog that you
the Old Fool are!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!