Palace Intrigue
2017-10-08 14:45:26 UTC
Is there a suicide pact in the Trump cabinet?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/johnhudson/tillerson?utm_term=.akdlEj0Ra#.vuJ3YdQlp

Amid the rumors that Trump is about to fire Tillerson for calling him a
"moron" (Some claim that he called Trump a f**king moron) there has
emerged a story that Mattis, Mnuchin and Tillerson have formed a pact
that if one of them is fired, the rest will resign. Some reports
include Kelly in the pact. Probably not true, but Senator Corker's
decision to retire with the off-hand comment that Tillerson is one of
the administration officials "separating our country from chaos" added
fuel to the rumors that all is not well in the Executive Branch.

A suicide pact is an interesting ploy if true. Trump seems to delight
in firing people and he may have met his match. The threat that all
would quit if one is fired is a big time bargaining chip!

Of course, such an act would really result in chaos. Tillerson, for all
his corporate credentials, has made a mess of the State Department where
many senior career employees have already quit and replacements have not
been named. And, right now Mnuchin in Treasury is trying to advance a
new tax code that has questionable support in Congress. Defense under
Mattis seems to be the most stable part of government, that is if we can
avoid starting more wars.

If one could only be a fly on the wall to overhear the conversations
that must be going on in the Executive Offices!

Those who wanted Trump to shake things up might want to reconsider the
form that that might take.
GLOBALIST
2017-10-08 14:56:52 UTC
[...]
This is all pure bullshit and Tillerman tried to nip
it in the bud this past week. He and Trump get along
great and Tillerman has no intentions of leaving.
It is interesting, just like Russia Russia Russia,
even after rumors have been proven false the fake
news keeps repeating and repeating them adnausem
Jack Fate
2017-10-11 19:47:32 UTC
[...]
The only fake news comes from the White House and Fox News. Only stupid,
very stupid, dip snit bigoted racists like YOU believe otherwise.
Tzatz Ziki
2017-10-11 19:56:02 UTC
The
2017-10-11 19:27:49 UTC
[...]
Hmmm. No takers on this topic. I thought that it was a pretty
interesting story, if true. It is all over the news today.
Bill Bowden
2017-10-11 21:52:14 UTC
[...]
Why did Tillerson call Trump a moran? Why has Tillerson made a mess of the
state department? Sorry I'm so stupid but the only news I hear is from right
wing AM radio stations.

.
islander
2017-10-12 15:20:56 UTC
Post by Bill Bowden
[...]
Tillerson has made a mess of the State Department because he knows
nothing about running a government agency and his experience as the CEO
of Exxon did not prepare him for the job. He hasn't filled important
vacancies and morale is low across the agency. Not a very good manager,
IMV. Word is that he called Trump a f**king moron and perhaps that is
something that he might do at Exxon in front of witnesses, but not in
the government, especially with thin-skinned Trump as his boss.