Why would anyone think that Einstein was all science and flat and boring and one dimensional??
2018-05-15 18:48:33 UTC
https://www.nytimes.com/1972/03/29/archives/the-einstein-papers-a-man-of-many-parts-the-einstein-papers-man-of.html

For Einstein, in addition to his scientific achievements, was a man of many parts— amateur but serious violinist*, impassioned humanitarian and internationalist, affectionate husband, father, brother and friend, kind adviser and teacher of strangers — and each part is reflected in his papers, which are to be published by the Einstein estate and Princeton University Press.
========================

*I read or heard somewhere why the Jews seemed to be heavy into violin music.
It was very practical. They 'had' to travel quit a bit and the violin was one of the easiest instruments (small) to travel with. "FIDDLER ON THE ROOF"
====================

In 1902, Einstein's father died, leaving him to care for his mother and sister, which was incredibly difficult because he was unemployed.

--------------------
In 1912, Einstein began an affair with his cousin and childhood friend Elsa Löwenthal, who would later become his second wife.

==========================

Despite Einstein's affairs with other women throughout their marriage, Elsa stayed with Einstein until she died in 1936 of heart and kidney problems.

==================

In 1950, after accepting a life membership to the Montreal Pipe Smokers Club, Einstein said he believed "that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs".
(later in life his doctor convinced him to stop smoking & he did)

=======================
Einstein's brain is currently located at Princeton University Medical Centre.

+++++++++++++++++++++++=
All his sexual escapades must drive you atheists crazy. That is your deadlist
sin after murdering your own mother.
b flanier
2018-05-15 19:20:01 UTC
<
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of
his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God,
in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I
believe that the individual survives the death of his body,
although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or
ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]
GLOBALIST
2018-05-15 19:39:38 UTC
Post by b flanier
<
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of
his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God,
in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I
believe that the individual survives the death of his body,
although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or
ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]
He is only saying the truth. The "god" he is describing is
the god that all thinking people reject. Jews have never
believed in an after life. But Christians , once again,
would agree that fear and presumption have nothing to do
with being united with Christ after death. Catholics
have prayed for centuries....in their act of contrition
that they motivated by "love for God" and "not fear of
hell". Some folks have very good questions about what they
are told 'about' Christianity, And there are many who
just have to ask to clarify their misconceptions

================
I still laugh when our Phd Psychology teacher told us about
saying 3 perfect acts of contrition in a row during a very
turbulent plane ride. The humor of it is....that if it
was a sincere act of contrition one time would be enough,
but I think alot of us could relate.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-05-15 21:01:34 UTC
On Tue, 15 May 2018 12:20:01 -0700 (PDT), b flanier
Post by b flanier
<
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of
his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God,
in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I
believe that the individual survives the death of his body,
although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or
ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]
I don't know what Glob claimed Einstein said, but it's at least
credible he said something like what you wrote above.