Who Stole Our Culture?
Gary
2018-01-02 23:32:40 UTC
Who Stole Our Culture?

By William S. Lind

Sometime during the last half-century, someone stole our culture. Just
50 years ago, in the 1950s, America was a great place. It was safe. It
was decent. Children got good educations in the public schools. Even
blue-collar fathers brought home middle-class incomes, so moms could
stay home with the kids. Television shows reflected sound, traditional
values.

Where did it all go? How did that America become the sleazy, decadent
place we live in today – so different that those who grew up prior to
the ’60s feel like it’s a foreign country? Did it just “happen”?

continued --

(... lengthy and very interesting....)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/no_author/669196-2/
GLOBALIST
2018-01-03 00:26:47 UTC
Post by Gary
Who Stole Our Culture?
By William S. Lind
Sometime during the last half-century, someone stole our culture. Just
50 years ago, in the 1950s, America was a great place. It was safe. It
was decent. Children got good educations in the public schools. Even
blue-collar fathers brought home middle-class incomes, so moms could
stay home with the kids. Television shows reflected sound, traditional
values.
Where did it all go? How did that America become the sleazy, decadent
place we live in today – so different that those who grew up prior to
the ’60s feel like it’s a foreign country? Did it just “happen”?
continued --
(... lengthy and very interesting....)
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/no_author/669196-2/
=================
Quote from your article:

The No. 1 goal of that cultural Marxism, since its creation, has been the destruction of Western culture and the Christian religion.

end of the quote

We can see the destruction of the culture in Europe. But there is a swing to
the right in some of their recent elections. The irony of it all is that
Russia has rejected all that bullshit and went back to a strong
Christian culture. The US anti-fa has as its goal anarchy, destruction
of the law and portraying our policemen as villains Thank God that President Trump is honoring our police and supporting them.
There has always been decadent behavior but limited to
artistic communities, plays, music and art. But the antifa
military have even attacked that. Even the black communities
want to get back to the family and strong churches.
We are watching Hollywood implode as it should.
Jack Fate
2018-01-03 11:37:57 UTC
Post by GLOBALIST
Post by Gary
[...]
None of the above is true. It's all fabricated and based on stupidity
and racism.
Emily
2018-01-03 01:51:50 UTC
Post by Gary
Sometime during the last half-century, someone stole our culture. Just
50 years ago, in the 1950s, America was a great place. It was safe. It
was decent. Children got good educations in the public schools. Even
blue-collar fathers brought home middle-class incomes, so moms could
stay home with the kids. Television shows reflected sound, traditional
values.
My daughter mentioned the other day that she gets Frasier on her TV.
I loved Frasier and immediately went through all the offerings on Dish
and we don't get that channel. But I found something called FETV
which has old shows. They have Maude, Peter Gunn, a bunch of stuff
I'm not desperate enough to watch, some of it going back to the 50s,
like Roy Rogers.

Maude is still good but not quite as sharp as I remembered. Peter
Gunn is a joke. Craig Stevens is still handsome but the stories are
-- well, what can you do in 30 minutes with several commercial breaks?
About 70% of the commercials are for a little thing about the size of
a cigarette pack which broadcasts sound and contains the whole Bible!
You can now listen in your car, in your bed, in the shower, you never
have to be without your Bible!

There's a lot of garbage now but there's also some good stuff, most of
it on PBS, which I suppose will be gone soon.
Gary
2018-01-03 12:26:01 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by Gary
[...]
I enjoy PBS. Especially Masterpiece Theater. Such as those listed
below. I am also a history buff.

---------------------------------------
The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Elizabeth R, I, Claudius, Upstairs,
Downstairs, The Duchess of Duke Street, The Citadel, The Jewel in the
Crown, Reckless, House of Cards, Traffik, and Jeeves and Wooster. More
recent popular titles include Prime Suspect, The Forsyte Saga,
Sherlock, and Downton Abbey
me
2018-01-03 03:04:35 UTC
It didn’t just happen. It was legislated by We, the People who elected lawmakers to get more ‘free’ stuff from the Commons. The State is now expected to provide loaves and fishes. That ‘miracle’ is coming to an end.
http://www.endit.info/how.shtml
mg
2018-01-03 05:52:19 UTC
Post by Gary
Who Stole Our Culture?
By William S. Lind
Sometime during the last half-century, someone stole our culture. Just
50 years ago, in the 1950s, America was a great place. It was safe. It
was decent. Children got good educations in the public schools. Even
blue-collar fathers brought home middle-class incomes, so moms could
stay home with the kids. Television shows reflected sound, traditional
values.
Where did it all go? How did that America become the sleazy, decadent
place we live in today – so different that those who grew up prior to
the ’60s feel like it’s a foreign country? Did it just “happen”?
continued --
(... lengthy and very interesting....)
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/no_author/669196-2/
With all our military interventions and our willingness to
kill people if they aren't behaving like we want them to, we
have made shit holes out of many countries over the years.
So, one possible answer to the question of how we became the
sleazy, decadent place we live in today is simply "what goes
around comes around". Or, to put it another way, when we
allow political corruption in our foreign policy, we also
allow it in domestic policy.

According to the Lew Rockwell article, though, the problem
is multiculturalism and political correctness and the
article says that political correctness is cultural Marxism.
So, is that what happened? Did we discard our traditional
belief systems and culture and values and adopt cultural
Marxism to replace them?

-------------------------------------
Here is my first principle of foreign
policy: good government at home.
-- William E. Gladstone
Gary
2018-01-03 12:25:59 UTC
Post by mg
Post by Gary
[...]
I have my own theory about what has destroyed our culture. You see
... America was founded on the culture given us by the Judeo/Christian
concept of right and wrong. But a strange thing happened in the
1950s. The Jews founded Israel. At that time -- our (their?) new TV
Media forced our politicians to drop the "christian" and turned us
into a "judeo" culture. Which means we must kill anybody or anything
that appears to be a threat to the Promised Land of Israel.

Our Founders looked to Europe for moral guidance. We .... look to the
Mid-East. It has nothing to do with religion. Some of our atheists
are the biggest supporters of that area.

Marx is looking down (up?) in amazement -- and smiling :-)
mg
2018-01-03 21:40:08 UTC
Post by Gary
Post by mg
Post by Gary
[...]
I think that the bottom-line, basic problem today is that
the standard of living and quality of life of the wage
earner, in the US is in decline, and I think that probably
includes most of the people in the United States. So, that's
the subject that the Republicans and the Democrats don't
want you to talk about. They want you to talk about other
things; they want you to talk about something else. The
American culture, for example, is something that they don't
mind at all if you talk about.

Some other types of things that they don't care if you and I
talk about are Black Lives Matter, Global Warming, Political
Correctness, and celebrity sex allegations.

"Big Brother isn’t watching. He’s singing and
dancing. He’s pulling rabbits out of a hat. Big
Brother’s busy holding your attention every moment
you’re awake. He’s making sure you’re always
distracted. He’s making sure you’re fully absorbed."
-- Chuck Palahniuk, Lullaby
d***@gmail.com
2018-01-03 13:08:39 UTC
mg wrote:

"According to the Lew Rockwell article, though, the problem
is multiculturalism and political correctness and the
article says that political correctness is cultural Marxism.
So, is that what happened? Did we discard our traditional
belief systems and culture and values and adopt cultural
Marxism to replace them?"

As I recall, the cultural Marxists were escaped Communists from Germany -- Jews, for the most part. They are called 'cultural' because they saw that economic Marxism wasn't working, so they would have to destroy the West by destroying its culture. They were welcomed to this country by Columbia University. From there, they and their doctrine spread out into the (stupid) liberal American universities.

The little dog laughed to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon.

Eugene FitzAubrey
mg
2018-01-03 22:30:42 UTC
On Wed, 3 Jan 2018 05:08:39 -0800 (PST),
Post by d***@gmail.com
"According to the Lew Rockwell article, though, the problem
is multiculturalism and political correctness and the
article says that political correctness is cultural Marxism.
So, is that what happened? Did we discard our traditional
belief systems and culture and values and adopt cultural
Marxism to replace them?"
As I recall, the cultural Marxists were escaped Communists from Germany -- Jews, for the most part. They are called 'cultural' because they saw that economic Marxism wasn't working, so they would have to destroy the West by destroying its culture. They were welcomed to this country by Columbia University. From there, they and their doctrine spread out into the (stupid) liberal American universities.
The little dog laughed to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon.
Eugene FitzAubrey
Is the "Cultural Marxism" idea catching on? Probably not. It
is interesting, though.
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2003/cultural-marxism-catching
d***@gmail.com
2018-01-04 00:37:52 UTC
The Southern Poverty Law Center? The best thing I've heard about them is the following:

<< An article titled "The Conscience Industry" in the Nation in 1998 stated that "Morris Dees has raised an endowment of close to $100 million, with which he's done little, by frightening elderly liberals that the heirs of Adolf Hitler are about to march down Main Street, lynching blacks and putting Jews into ovens. >>

Eugene FitzAubrey
rumpelstiltskin
A good catchphrase can often keep the masses at bay.
me
2018-01-04 15:02:45 UTC
‘Blame the rich’ is a popular catch phrase to motivate many people. Is envy is a moral code? You believe so.

http://www.endit.info/Theft.shtml
rumpelstiltskin
2018-01-03 14:45:52 UTC
Post by mg
Post by Gary
[...]
I don't know Lew Rockwell, but if he throws
the word "Marxism" around while apparently
having no clue what it is (or just being deliberately
deceptive), then I have no respect for him.

But then again, I have no respect for non-PBS
American national or international news anyway.
d***@gmail.com
2018-01-03 15:49:31 UTC
Rumpelstiltskin objected:

<< I don't know Lew Rockwell, but if he throws
the word "Marxism" around while apparently
having no clue what it is (or just being deliberately
deceptive), then I have no respect for him. >>

Oh, all right. Communism.

Eugene FitzAubrey
GLOBALIST
2018-01-03 15:55:59 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
<< I don't know Lew Rockwell, but if he throws
the word "Marxism" around while apparently
having no clue what it is (or just being deliberately
deceptive), then I have no respect for him. >>
Oh, all right. Communism.
Eugene FitzAubrey
================
I think I would depend on this man's credentials rather than on
a jaded retired nihilist

William S. Lind has a B.A. in History from Dartmouth College and an M.A., also in History, from Princeton University. He serves as director of the Center for Cultural Conservatism of the Free Congress Foundation in Washington, D.C., and as a vestryman at St. James Anglican Church in his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio.
mg
2018-01-03 20:43:51 UTC
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Post by mg
Post by Gary
[...]
I don't know who Lew Rockwell is, either. I did find an
interview that he did with Moyers, though, where he said
that he was opposed to the Vietnam war and was opposed to
the planned invasion of Iraq:

"MOYERS: You opposed the war in Vietnam.

ROCKWELL: Yes.

MOYERS: And you oppose this war.

ROCKWELL: Well, I oppose any war that's not absolutely
necessary, and absolutely moral and defensive. So that, for
example, killing — we don't know how many — three, four
thousand people in Afghanistan to go after the Taliban, who
are after all, the descendents of the exact same guys that
Ronald Reagan was funding during as Mujaheddin, when they
went up against the Soviet Union, yeah. No, I don't think
that's good.

And I don't think there's, you know, any proof that they had
anything to do with 9/11. I think it was just striking out.
And I think it's very unfortunate. I think it's just
killing.

MOYERS: This morning I heard a chilling report on National
Public Radio about how Saddam Hussein tortures people. I
mean, he's clearly a demonic man himself. Couldn't you
concede that Bush really does believe he's on a moral
mission to rid the world of a monster?

ROCKWELL: I'm sure Saddam Hussein is not a good guy, after
all he's a politician. But it is the most liberal regime in
the Arab world in many senses. You can get a drink in
Baghdad. Unlike in Saudi Arabia. Women don't have to wear
any particular kind of clothing. Christianity is tolerated.

There are high officials of the Iraqi government who are
Christians, unlike in any Arab government that we're pals
with. So you can — there was a very interesting story on
Morning Edition the other day about a gun…

MOYERS: NPR, right?

ROCKWELL: Yeah, a gun shop in Baghdad. And how there was a
run on everybody buying guns. And the fact that you can buy
a gun in downtown Baghdad, which of course you can't do in
Manhattan is, you know, also an unusual peek into this
regime. I mean, we only know what the government is telling
us.

MOYERS: But doesn't Saddam Hussein who is obviously himself
a megalomaniac, doesn't a Saddam Hussein armed with
biological and chemical weapons potentially nuclear weapons,
doesn't that scare the hell out of you?

ROCKWELL: Yeah. I mean, I don't like the fact that George
Bush has all those things too. And of course we know there's
only one government in the world that's ever dropped atomic
bombs on civilians and it's not Iraq. So, you know, there
are a lot of governments that are run by bad guys. I mean,
look at the people who are in Rwanda and killed millions of
people by machete. I mean, hard to conceive of anything much
worse than that.

So, yes, I don't like the idea of any government like this
having those kinds of weapons. But, you know, is it really
the job of the U.S. government to run the world? I mean, a
lot of my…

MOYERS: Well, what would a libertarian actually say about
what the President should do about Saddam Hussein? . . . "
http://www.pbs.org/now/printable/transcript_rockwell_print.html
Gary
2018-01-03 20:58:16 UTC
Post by mg
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Post by mg
Post by Gary
[...]
What little I know about Rockwell -- I think I like him. Except I
Post by mg
MOYERS: There are people who would disagree with you that in the 1950's
, the Democratic Party, which upheld slavery and segregation in the South
was the good party.
ROCKWELL: Well, I think, you know, I'm not saying that any political party is
all good. Obviously, there were bad things about the Democrats. And I wish
George Washington hadn't owned slaves either. We've had this unfortunate
business in our country for a very long time.
I check his web site out every morning to see what his reading
selections are. Saves a lot of "surfing around".

https://www.lewrockwell.com/
mg
2018-01-03 22:20:14 UTC
Post by Gary
Post by mg
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Post by mg
MOYERS: There are people who would disagree with you that in the 1950's
, the Democratic Party, which upheld slavery and segregation in the South
was the good party.
ROCKWELL: Well, I think, you know, I'm not saying that any political party is
all good. Obviously, there were bad things about the Democrats. And I wish
George Washington hadn't owned slaves either. We've had this unfortunate
business in our country for a very long time.
I check his web site out every morning to see what his reading
selections are. Saves a lot of "surfing around".
https://www.lewrockwell.com/
Lew Rockwell is a true believer in his selected "ism" which,
in his case, happens to be libertarianism. So, if you know
someone is a True Believer and you know what they believe
in, you pretty well know what they think and you know the
limitations of their intellectual capacity. Having said
that, though, I do admire the libertarians like Lew Rockwell
and Senator Rand Paul for their opposition to the
Establishment's endless killing of Muslims and endless wars.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every
rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from
those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and
are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money
alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius
of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not
a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds
of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
rumpelstiltskin
2018-01-04 08:23:33 UTC
On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:20:14 -0700, mg <***@none.nl> wrote:
<snip>
Post by mg
Lew Rockwell is a true believer in his selected "ism" which,
in his case, happens to be libertarianism. So, if you know
someone is a True Believer and you know what they believe
in, you pretty well know what they think and you know the
limitations of their intellectual capacity. Having said
that, though, I do admire the libertarians like Lew Rockwell
and Senator Rand Paul for their opposition to the
Establishment's endless killing of Muslims and endless wars.
They're dupes of the rich if they're not rich themselves,
which does indeed make the ideology very attractive to
the rich.
It's hard to find a Republican I like, but Ike was one.
me
2018-01-04 14:53:04 UTC
It’s my guess Republicans find your ideology as distasteful as you find theirs. What now?
http://www.endit.info
mg
2018-04-03 19:54:20 UTC
Post by rumpelstiltskin
<snip>
Post by mg
Lew Rockwell is a true believer in his selected "ism" which,
in his case, happens to be libertarianism. So, if you know
someone is a True Believer and you know what they believe
in, you pretty well know what they think and you know the
limitations of their intellectual capacity. Having said
that, though, I do admire the libertarians like Lew Rockwell
and Senator Rand Paul for their opposition to the
Establishment's endless killing of Muslims and endless wars.
They're dupes of the rich if they're not rich themselves,
which does indeed make the ideology very attractive to
the rich.
I think there are a lot of different flavors of libertarianism and
that's one thing that makes it difficult to analyze. However, when it
comes to politics, my first three concerns are war, war, war, and
after that it would probably be SS and Medicare. So, I'm naturally a
big fan of anyone who opposes America's war crimes and war criminals.
Jack Fate
2018-01-03 11:37:07 UTC
Post by Gary
Who Stole Our Culture?
By William S. Lind
Sometime during the last half-century, someone stole our culture. Just
50 years ago, in the 1950s, America was a great place. It was safe. It
was decent. Children got good educations in the public schools. Even
blue-collar fathers brought home middle-class incomes, so moms could
stay home with the kids. Television shows reflected sound, traditional
values.
Where did it all go? How did that America become the sleazy, decadent
place we live in today – so different that those who grew up prior to
the ’60s feel like it’s a foreign country? Did it just “happen”?
continued --
(... lengthy and very interesting....)
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/01/no_author/669196-2/
The Father Knows Best "culture" was destroyed by Nixon when he started
the war on drugs. Reagan continued the destruction and so did Bush.
Trump is trying to make sure the middle class is totally destroyed. So,
if you lament what has happened, stop voting for the GOP.