I was surprised that some of the earliest Civil War battles were fought in Missouri
2017-04-19 18:26:47 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_fought_in_Missouri

One is reenacted in my hometown, Boonville, Mo.
I remember seeing the historical signs but was clueless
how big they were. Jesse James, Belle Star and some other
Mo outlaws were left overs from the Confederacy at the end of the war.
***************
And I finally figured out the reason for all the bank robberies was
not so much to get the money but to just fuck-over the banks,
that they thought were corrupt. In one robbery ,as they left town, they
threw handfuls of money at passer-byes on the street.
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-04-19 18:44:12 UTC
"GLOBALIST" wrote in message news:b8c7bfda-84ee-484d-9f6c-***@googlegroups.com...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_fought_in_Missouri

One is reenacted in my hometown, Boonville, Mo.
I remember seeing the historical signs but was clueless
how big they were. Jesse James, Belle Star and some other
Mo outlaws were left overs from the Confederacy at the end of the war.
***************
And I finally figured out the reason for all the bank robberies was
not so much to get the money but to just fuck-over the banks,
that they thought were corrupt. In one robbery ,as they left town, they
threw handfuls of money at passer-byes on the street.

***** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

Ha Ha Ha!!
Behold how the Village Idiot again entertain us all with his crappy crappy
English!

You, Village Idiot, are so very very *F*U*N*N*Y* with your crappy crappy
English!

Why, Village Idiot, are you with your crappy crappy English still in this
country?

wups...just look at the Village Idiot run away again from the issue of his
crappy crappy English by performing yet another Intellectual Coward ploy, of
course with his tail barely perceivable between his legs this time, back
into that deep dark diseased hole of his under his rock!
wolfbat359
2017-04-20 00:21:06 UTC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battles_fought_in_Missouri
One is reenacted in my hometown, Boonville, Mo.
I remember seeing the historical signs but was clueless
how big they were. Jesse James, Belle Star and some other
Mo outlaws were left overs from the Confederacy at the end of the war.
And I finally figured out the reason for all the bank robberies was
not so much to get the money but to just fuck-over the banks,
that they thought were corrupt. In one robbery ,as they left town, they
threw handfuls of money at passer-byes on the street.
The relatives on my Fathers site came from Nevada Missouri. During the election of Lincoln not one person in the town voted for Lincoln! One old many wanting to vote for Lincoln was turned away! After the outbreak of the Civil War, Nevada City became known as the capital for “Bushwhackers”, a term used to identify pro-Southern guerrillas. In 1863 the town was burned:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jrbakerjr/vernon/augustusbaker.htm

In March 1863, Augustus Baker and about 50 others met to organize a company of enrolled militia in Nevada. There was considerable interest taken in the selection of a captain, but, finally Augustus C Baker, a conservative Union man who lived on the Missouri side of the Kansas line a few miles northeast of Fort Scott, was chosen over C. C. Frizzell, a citizen of this county and resident of Clear Creek township. He worked hard for the captaincy of the company, borrowing to his already bad reputation and the belief of many that he only wished to be commissioned in order to carry out a design of land piracy, he was defeated and Baker, who was known to be an honest, safe man was chosen. Frizzell took his defeat in ill humor, alleging that the damn rebels had defeated him, and swearing to get even.

On May 6, 1863, about 7:30 p m two men approached the Baker house on the Ball Town Road west of Nevada. They identified themselves as Federals from Butler County and asked Rebecca Baker to fix supper for them. When Augustus Baker returned, they demanded his money, then searched the house and took Mrs. Baker's money and some guns. They asked Mr. Baker if he was expecting Quantrill's men.They returned to the kitchen and shot Augustus in his head while his wife stood by him with her hand on his shoulder. She identified one of the men as Frizzell.

This began retaliation from both sides. Bushwhackers attacked men, killing two of them, from St. Clair and Cedar Counties, as they were returning home after Frizzell's trial. This began more retaliation from the Union Militia led by Capain Anderson Morton. 100 men from Cedar and St Clair charged into into Vernon County. They burned every building in Nevada after giving the citizens 20 minutes to collect possessions. Two houses, those of Thomas A. Austin and James A. Moore were spared because these men had buried victims of the earlier raid by bushwhackers