California Burning
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-10 20:10:06 UTC
The people who've lost their homes in the current fires have my sympathy because my wife and I went through the same experience in the Oakland Hills. I'm worried about one friend in the current fire who lives in Calistoga. We got out of California five years ago.

Eugene FitzAubrey
GLOBALIST
2017-10-10 20:11:54 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
The people who've lost their homes in the current fires have my sympathy because my wife and I went through the same experience in the Oakland Hills. I'm worried about one friend in the current fire who lives in Calistoga. We got out of California five years ago.
Eugene FitzAubrey
The state is in financial crises, so these
fires are draining the state for sure
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-10 20:25:14 UTC
It's the droughts. And October is the worst month. I went to work at Lockheed in 1966 when things were a lot better.

Eugene FitzAubrey
El Castor
2017-10-10 20:50:27 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
It's the droughts. And October is the worst month. I went to work at Lockheed in 1966 when things were a lot better.
Eugene FitzAubrey
Nope. Very wet winter, and we never get rain during the summer. Just
an unfortunate confluence of a brush fire and a very windy day.
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-10 21:30:24 UTC
I'm glad you're not in it, Castor. ABC News attributed the fires to very dry air from the interior valleys, moving at 50 mph. That includes both the Southland and the Northland.

Eugene FitzAubrey
El Castor
2017-10-11 00:23:44 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I'm glad you're not in it, Castor. ABC News attributed the fires to very dry air from the interior valleys, moving at 50 mph. That includes both the Southland and the Northland.
I'm close enough that ash has made a mess of the patio, and my
daughter who lives in Santa Rosa was evacuated from her home, which so
far is intact.

As for the hot dry winds, this time of year California's Central
Valley is hot enough to fry an egg -- tapering in October. Just
checked, temps in Sacramento are normal, but there is always the
possibility of arson??

And last winter ...
"Northern California gets its wettest winter in nearly a century"
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-california-precipitation-record-20170413-story.html
Gary
2017-10-10 22:27:01 UTC
Post by El Castor
Post by d***@gmail.com
It's the droughts. And October is the worst month. I went to work at Lockheed in 1966 when things were a lot better.
Eugene FitzAubrey
Nope. Very wet winter, and we never get rain during the summer. Just
an unfortunate confluence of a brush fire and a very windy day.
It makes me sick to read about fires like these. So much destruction for no reason. So
much destruction of wildlife. I saw a forest fire when I was just a teenager. Near
Atlanta. It still makes me sick to think about it. I hope you and everybody else
are safe and out of harm's way.
Gary
2017-10-10 22:27:01 UTC
Lockheed 1966 ? Georgia ?
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 00:03:30 UTC
No, Gary, I was in Sunnyvale. But a friend who was laid off in Sunnyvale got picked up by Lockheed Georgia. He had a ball in Atlanta at the disco nightclubs.

Eugene FitzAubrey
Gary
2017-10-11 12:02:11 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
No, Gary, I was in Sunnyvale. But a friend who was laid off in Sunnyvale got picked up by Lockheed Georgia.
I went to high school about five miles from that Lockheed plant.
Post by d***@gmail.com
He had a ball in Atlanta at the disco nightclubs.
I remember those days. Atlanta was a fun city in the early 1960s. It is no more.
Since the 1970s -- it has become "little harlem".
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 12:47:32 UTC
It's the New South, Gary. Thanks for the warning. My brand new wife and I drove up to Atlanta from Albany, Georgia right after the wedding. That was so long ago we passed Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara going the other way.

Eugene FitzAubrey
Gary
2017-10-11 13:00:51 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
It's the New South, Gary. Thanks for the warning. My brand new wife and I drove up to Atlanta from Albany, Georgia right after the wedding. That was so long ago we passed Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara going the other way.
Eugene FitzAubrey
That's funny. In the 1970s -- my wife and I moved to Albany. We lived there for ten
years. I really liked it. Of course -- I had relatives there. Like my grandparents.
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 13:26:59 UTC
Good for you, Gary. I liked Albany too. I was stationed at Turner AFB. I married a local gal and then skedaddled.

I was in Albany when MLK did his marches. Members of the CPUSA were there too.

Eugene FitzAubrey
Gary
2017-10-11 16:01:04 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Good for you, Gary. I liked Albany too. I was stationed at Turner AFB. I married a local gal and then skedaddled.
As I've mentioned -- my step-father was career army. So as a child (age 6 to 15) I lived
in a lot of places. Best I can figure, in my life I've lived in about 20 towns.
And my two all time favorites are --- Albany Ga and Murphy NC.
Post by d***@gmail.com
I was in Albany when MLK did his marches. Members of the CPUSA were there too.
IMO -- MLK, the NAACP and Black Lives Matter are all low IQ affiliates of the CPUSA.
They all look up to the communists -- like most peasants do.
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 17:08:49 UTC
Hey Gary, I'll check Murphy out.

Eugene FitzAubrey