Ancient gold jewelry from Iron Age found on UK farmland
Add Reply
arthur wouk
2017-03-07 00:00:37 UTC
http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/iPAxCjrbuwCYbxvqDxor

Four pieces of gold jewelry from the Iron Age have been found by
two men with metal detectors on farmland in the UK. The bracelet
and three necklaces are thought to be 2,500 years old with a gold
content of 80% or more and could be the oldest Iron Age gold work
ever found in the country. BBC (2/28)
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
to email me, delete blackhole from my return address
Gary
2017-03-07 12:47:50 UTC
Post by arthur wouk
http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/iPAxCjrbuwCYbxvqDxor
Four pieces of gold jewelry from the Iron Age have been found by
two men with metal detectors on farmland in the UK. The bracelet
and three necklaces are thought to be 2,500 years old with a gold
content of 80% or more and could be the oldest Iron Age gold work
ever found in the country. BBC (2/28)
The history of ancient Britain must be very interesting. Too bad we don't
know more about it -- because so few records were left behind.
GLOBALIST
2017-03-07 15:29:12 UTC
Post by arthur wouk
http://r.smartbrief.com/resp/iPAxCjrbuwCYbxvqDxor
Four pieces of gold jewelry from the Iron Age have been found by
two men with metal detectors on farmland in the UK. The bracelet
and three necklaces are thought to be 2,500 years old with a gold
content of 80% or more and could be the oldest Iron Age gold work
ever found in the country. BBC (2/28)
The history of ancient Britain must be very interesting. Too bad we don't
know more about it -- because so few records were left behind.
---------------
Gary go into YouTube they have all kinds of archaeological Roman sites
They have letters sent by Roman soldiers stationed in England, to their relatives in Rome.
They have found complete Roman homes.
Now if you want to go back further , there are tons of
artifacts from the Vikings. Town and streets with Viking names.
The Vikings were damned good farmers. It appears the Vikings
were good neighbors and interacted with local Anglos.
Further back than all that is that there is evidence that
Britain was actually physically attached "by land" to France
Gary
2017-03-07 15:41:18 UTC
Post by arthur wouk
[...]
Yes, I've read about most of that. My remark was aimed at "pre-histroic"
history. Like maybe 500 BC and before. When Caesar first arrived about 40 BC,
he described the British as looking and acting like barbarians. His description
makes them seem almost like cavemen.
El Castor
2017-03-07 21:37:37 UTC
Post by arthur wouk
[...]
Those barbarians were so efficiently ignorant and primitive, Hadrian
was forced to build a wall across the width of Britain to save the
more civilized Roman half. The Chinese did the same to keep out the
Mongols, and now Trump is building his own.
Gary
2017-03-08 15:53:52 UTC
On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 13:37:37 -0800, El Castor
Post by arthur wouk
[...]
The story of Britain is indeed a marvelous tale. When the Romans
arrived circa 40 BC -- Caesar described the natives as barbarians.
After absorbing the Roman culture -- combined with their own Celtic
and Beaker culture -- Britain emerged as one of the most influential
countries on Earth. A little over 1,000 years after the Romans left
it was -- "Britannia Rule the Waves !". And she ruled them for
about 300 years.

Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-03-07 20:36:44 UTC
Post by arthur wouk
[...]

***** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

Just look at the fake news loving Village Idiot creating and spreading yet
again fake news!
Here the fake news loving Village Idiot clearly positions the Vikings in the
UK well in time before the Romans in the UK.
Yet...yet...
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_Roman_rule_in_Britain
"Around 410, the Romano-British expelled the magistrates of the usurper
Constantine III"
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Britain
"Roman Britain (Latin: Britannia or, later, Britanniae, "the Britains") was
the area of the island of Great Britain that was governed by the Roman
Empire, from ad 43 to 410."

On the other hand:
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasions_of_the_British_Isles
"Viking raids began in England in the late 8th century, primarily on
monasteries.[7] The first monastery to be raided was in 793 at Lindisfarne,
off the northeast coast; the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle described the Vikings as
heathen men."
from http://www.viking.no/e/england/
"Viking raids on England started in the late 8th century. The attack on
Lindisfarne monastery in 793 was a particularly dramatic and significant
event, heralding the onset of frequent raids on coastal communities, with
churches and monasteries being particularly targeted for their wealth."

Do explain, fake news loving Village Idiot, exactly why do you the clearly
fake news loving Village Idiot like so much the untruth and the false as you
the fake news loving Village Idiot most obviously do here yet again? Why
don't you the Village Idiot - even as a pretend Catholic - run away from the
honest and the truth?

Please clarify, Village Idiot.

wups...just look at the Village Idiot once again (of course with "mutual
agreement") execute yet another Intellectual Coward ploy to run way from his
clear love for fake news, of course with his tail positioned between his
legs, back into that deep dark doomed hole of his under his rock!