Discussion:
Mike Pence: A President Should Be Impeached For Moral Failing
(too old to reply)
w***@gmail.com
2018-08-10 10:28:21 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/08/mike-pence-a-president-should-be-impeached-for-moral-failings/

Vice President Mike Pence argued that a president should be impeached for moral failings like lying to the public and cheating on a spouse.

CNN reports that as radio host and congressional candidate Pence wrote several columns in the 1990’s arguing that President Bill Clinton should be impeached because of his extramarital affair with Monica Lewinsky and because the president was caught lying to the public about the affair.

In fact, Pence wrote two columns arguing that congress had a moral duty to impeach a lying and cheating president. CNN reports:

One of the columns, “The Two Schools of Thought on Clinton,” was posted on his now-defunct website for his radio talk show. Another column, “Why Clinton Must Resign or Be Impeached,” was posted on his congressional campaign website.

In his column “Why Clinton Must Resign or Be Impeached,” Pence wrote:

Further, the Presidents repeated lies to the American people in this matter compound the case against him as they demonstrate his failure to protect the institution of the presidency as the ‘inspiring supreme symbol of all that is highest in our American ideals. Leaders affect the lives of families far beyond their own ‘private life’.

Pence continued to make his case by referencing the Bible:

In the Bible story of Esther we are told of a king who was charged to put right his own household because there would be “no end of disrespect and discord” among the families of the kingdom if he failed to do so. In a day when reckless extramarital sexual activity is manifesting itself in our staggering rates of illegitimacy and divorce, now more than ever, America needs to be able to look to her First Family as role models of all that we have been and can be again.

And in his “The Two Schools of Thought on Clinton,” Pence wrote:

If you and I fall into bad moral habits, we can harm our families, our employers and our friends. The President of the United States can incinerate the planet. Seriously, the very idea that we ought to have at or less than the same moral demands placed on the Chief Executive that we place on our next door neighbor is ludicrous and dangerous,”

Throughout our history, we have seen the presidency as the repository of all of our highest hopes and ideals and values. To demand less is to do an injustice to the blood that bought our freedoms.

In both columns Pence clearly and forcefully argues that the president of the United States should be held to the highest moral standards, and if he is caught covering up an extra-marital affair and lying about it to the American public that president should resign or be removed from office.

However, Pence serves under President Donald Trump, a man who has been caught covering up an extra-marital affair and lying about it to the American public. Yet Pence says nothing.

Bottom line: In the 1990’s Mike Pence argued a president should be impeached if caught covering up an extra-marital affair and lying about it to the American public, and in 2018 Pence happily serves under Donald Trump.

The hypocrisy is undeniable.
Gary
2018-08-10 12:08:50 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:28:21 -0700 (PDT),
***@gmail.com wrote:

>Bottom line: In the 1990’s Mike Pence argued a president should
> be impeached if caught covering up an extra-marital affair and
> lying about it to the American public, and in 2018 Pence
> happily serves under Donald Trump.

The president has not lied to the public about an
extra-marital affair. His "affair" happened several years
before he became president. So it is none of the publics
business.

Did the press demand John Kennedy tell all his exploits ?
GLOBALIST
2018-08-10 12:15:06 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 7:08:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:28:21 -0700 (PDT),
> ***@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Bottom line: In the 1990’s Mike Pence argued a president should
> > be impeached if caught covering up an extra-marital affair and
> > lying about it to the American public, and in 2018 Pence
> > happily serves under Donald Trump.
>
> The president has not lied to the public about an
> extra-marital affair. His "affair" happened several years
> before he became president. So it is none of the publics
> business.
>
> Did the press demand John Kennedy tell all his exploits ?

SEX SEX SEX SEX
The preoccupation of the Left
SIN SIN SIN
Let Hillary throw the first stone
Weatherman
2018-08-10 12:32:07 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
GLOBALIST wrote:
> On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 7:08:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:28:21 -0700 (PDT),
>> ***@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Bottom line: In the 1990’s Mike Pence argued a president should
>>> be impeached if caught covering up an extra-marital affair and
>>> lying about it to the American public, and in 2018 Pence
>>> happily serves under Donald Trump.
>>
>> The president has not lied to the public about an
>> extra-marital affair. His "affair" happened several years
>> before he became president. So it is none of the publics
>> business.
>>
>> Did the press demand John Kennedy tell all his exploits ?
>
> SEX SEX SEX SEX
> The preoccupation of the Left
> SIN SIN SIN
> Let Hillary throw the first stone
>

Actually, the GOP is more interested in what goes on in others' bedrooms
and bathrooms, you lying piece of shit. We are unhappy having an unfit
president so if sex or treason brings him down, we don't care much which
one does it, stupid traitor.
Weatherman
2018-08-10 12:30:51 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Gary wrote:
> The president has not lied to the public about an
> extra-marital affair.

Wrong again, liar. He's denied them all, you lying low life racist.
Gary
2018-08-10 13:57:58 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:30:51 +0200, Weatherman
<***@nospam.com> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>> The president has not lied to the public about an
>> extra-marital affair.
>
>Wrong again, liar. He's denied them all, you lying low life racist.

I doubt he can remember them all. I wonder how often a
billionaire gets some "strange stuff" ? Four or five times
a week ? JFK was only a millioniare -- and I think he got
it once a month.
Loading...