Cheap Rent
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2017-06-18 14:45:57 UTC
So, Rumpel isn't complaining (as far as I know) about his
cheap rent in that fair city of S.F. but I think I hear
Bill B whining about his leaky roof and the rent increase
he has encountered.

On the other hand, I'm guessing Gary has experienced some
increases where he parks his 12 foot wide and the Globy
just sits on the porch all day longing for the good ole
days of second grade with Sister Suffering.

Ah, yes, but if you are not 'mongst the cohort that got
suckered into buying a chunk of dirt with improvements
(aka "home")you are probably experiencing the "rent rise".

"Can no one rid me of this troublesome 'rent rise", I heard
someone in the back grumble. Well Bunky, I have just the
solution for your nesting problem. Gitmo! Yes, you heard
me correctly-GITMO. Did you know that the U.S. Gobment pays
Cuba $4085 Yankee dollas per annum for that piece of
Paradise?

And the best part- The Cubans don't even cash the check and
haven't since the late 50's. Think about it, with that bozo
Trump and his latest, he may piss off the Landlord and they will
start cashing the check!

There can't be a God because no one who loves you would inflict
a Trump on you...or maybe He would, just to get your attention.

<sigh>
GLOBALIST
2017-06-18 14:54:03 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
By not cashing our checks they are sending the message that
the area was stolen from them and they in no way
approve what is being done there.
b***@gmail.com
2017-06-18 14:56:39 UTC
May we take this as your considered opinion, Globy?
Gary
2017-06-18 15:50:02 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
So, Rumpel isn't complaining (as far as I know) about his
cheap rent in that fair city of S.F. but I think I hear
Bill B whining about his leaky roof and the rent increase
he has encountered.
On the other hand, I'm guessing Gary has experienced some
increases where he parks his 12 foot wide
It's a 14 foot double wide. And my landlord -- and employer -- doesn't charge
me any rent.

Actually, I did once live in a trailer. I was about 14 years old, and my
step-father was stationed at Ft Belvoir. And ... that close to Washington DC,
rental housing was hard to find. And if I recall correctly -- I think I once
heard it mentioned that the rent was $11 a month. And worth every penny !
billbowden
2017-06-18 22:27:49 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
So, Rumpel isn't complaining (as far as I know) about his
cheap rent in that fair city of S.F. but I think I hear
Bill B whining about his leaky roof and the rent increase
he has encountered.
On the other hand, I'm guessing Gary has experienced some
increases where he parks his 12 foot wide
It's a 14 foot double wide. And my landlord -- and employer -- doesn't charge
me any rent.
banana
Actually, I did once live in a trailer. I was about 14 years old, and my
step-father was stationed at Ft Belvoir. And ... that close to Washington DC,
rental housing was hard to find. And if I recall correctly -- I think I once
heard it mentioned that the rent was $11 a month. And worth every penny !
When I was in the south pacific, my rent was $7 a month and my employer paid
it. And I had a banana tree in the yard.
Gary
A tropical paradise !
billbowden
Not when you consider the mosquitoes. I had to sleep with a net over my bed.
b***@gmail.com
2017-06-19 21:48:19 UTC
Post by billbowden
Not when you consider the mosquitoes.
Mentioning mosquitoes, I'm reminded of a tour of a portion of the
Everglades taken ago and the tour guide relating the story of the
lady who, when told of the multitude of mosquitoes in the area,
asked, with all sincerity, why they just couldn't spray.
billbowden
2017-06-20 02:15:24 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by billbowden
Not when you consider the mosquitoes.
Mentioning mosquitoes, I'm reminded of a tour of a portion of the
Everglades taken ago and the tour guide relating the story of the
lady who, when told of the multitude of mosquitoes in the area,
asked, with all sincerity, why they just couldn't spray.
Ants were another problem. I had to place all my food on a table suspended
from the ceiling with 4 strings soaked in kerosene. I guess I could have
used a table with legs and put each leg into a can of water, but I liked the
string idea. The problem with mosquitoes is it rains every day so there are
always puddles of water for them to breed.