Birds Galore !
2017-05-18 15:31:30 UTC
We have several trees in our backyard. And those trees draw a lot of birds.
Now that spring is here, we have more than usual. I enjoy sitting outside
and watching the birds feed in the grass. I have post in the yard, with a
suet cage at the top. It's mostly for woodpeckers, but other birds seem to
like it also.

Right now it seems a lot of young birds have hatched out. I saw four families
feeding their young in the yard this morning. I like to watch the mother bird
fly up the suet post and come back with a beak full for suet. Which she drops
into the open beak of her young bird.

Birds are not only beautiful -- they are very intelligent and interesting.
When I was a kid, I use to wonder why old men would sit in the city park
watching birds all day. Now I know why :-)
GLOBALIST
2017-05-18 16:03:12 UTC
We have several trees in our backyard. And those trees draw a lot of birds.
Now that spring is here, we have more than usual. I enjoy sitting outside
and watching the birds feed in the grass. I have post in the yard, with a
suet cage at the top. It's mostly for woodpeckers, but other birds seem to
like it also.
Right now it seems a lot of young birds have hatched out. I saw four families
feeding their young in the yard this morning. I like to watch the mother bird
fly up the suet post and come back with a beak full for suet. Which she drops
into the open beak of her young bird.
Birds are not only beautiful -- they are very intelligent and interesting.
When I was a kid, I use to wonder why old men would sit in the city park
watching birds all day. Now I know why :-)
I notice also when I am just walking around in my neighborhood the birds
are going crazy. Cardinal males and females are singing. We also have
pair (male and female falcons) who rest on the top of church steeples
You must check if you have cats or little dogs to keep them inside
if you see the falcons. Lots of folks don't like blue jays but I
think they are just birds but just noisey
Gary
2017-05-18 17:30:56 UTC
[...]
I like blue jays. They look like they are wearing a special blue suit. There
were two outside a few minutes ago. The birds that seem to live near us are
robins, cardinals, mocking birds, thrashers, black birds and two little humming
birds. A crow drops in every couple of days.

The crow is the only large bird that comes near. Buzzards and hawks fly about
200 feet over us. Never slow down.
El Castor
2017-05-18 18:32:59 UTC
[...]
We have been feeding peanuts to the Jays and crows, but are going to
give it up and stick to suet and seeds. Crows are great birds but they
can poop like a sea gull! I'm tired of hosing down the patio. Do you
get Steller Jays? They are the princes of the Jay family. (-8
https://www.fws.gov/refuge/willapa/wildlife_and_habitat/birds/stellers_jay.html
Gary
2017-05-18 19:32:35 UTC
[...]
That is a beautiful bird ! I've never seen one. Our crow doesn't come within
100 feet of the house. My wife makes up some little cornbread patties. Like
hush puppies. Round -- about 2 inches in diameter and a half inch thick. When
I see the crow perched on a certain limb -- I take a hush puppy out and place it
on top of the suet post. He's about 100 feet away and 50 feet up. As soon as
I walk away -- he glides down to the post. Picking up the hush puppy without
stopping. That is a beautiful sight :-)

We use a ceramic plate about 18 inches in diameter as a seed plate. We put a
good scoop of seed in it. It hangs from a tree limb. Most of the birds seem
quite happy with it.
El Castor
2017-05-18 20:17:01 UTC
[...]
We feed black oil sunflower seeds. The feeder is a tube about 30" high
with four perches at the bottom. The perches are spring loaded. If
anything heavier than a bird (like a squirrel) sits on the perch, it
drops down and the seed opening is covered. The squirrels still get
the seed because the birds knock down a lot. Then there is a humming
bird feeder and the suet. The suet mainly goes to wood peckers.
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-05-19 08:21:25 UTC
[...]

***** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

Ha Ha Ha!!
Behold how the Village Idiot again entertain us all with his crappy crappy
English!

You, Village Idiot, are so very very *F*U*N*N*Y* with your crappy crappy
English!

Why, Village Idiot, are you with your crappy crappy English still in this
country?

wups...just look at the Village Idiot run away again from the issue of his
crappy crappy English by performing yet another Intellectual Coward ploy, of
course with his tail barely perceivable between his legs this time, back
into that deep dark diseased hole of his under his rock!