the Charlottesville mess
Add Reply
Emily
2017-08-12 22:06:39 UTC
I'm not familiar with the details of the sort of permits required for
this sort of thing, but as far as I know, the group wanting to march
has to say where they want to march, and whoever is in charge of
issuing permits tells them when the march can start, when it must end,
and the route it can take.

My question is this -- if everyone had just let the alt-right assholes
have their little march, along the prescribed route, and no one had
shown up to protest and get in fights, what do you think would have
happened? Is it possible that they'd have just had their little march
and gone home?

The protestors could have had a march tomorrow or next weekend. If no
one showed up to protest it, wouldn't that be better than what we have
today?

I doubt if there was one person on either side today who saw what was
happening and thought "Gosh, I think I like the other side better!"

This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that have
been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies are not
going to change anything.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-08-13 00:20:06 UTC
Post by Emily
I'm not familiar with the details of the sort of permits required for
this sort of thing, but as far as I know, the group wanting to march
has to say where they want to march, and whoever is in charge of
issuing permits tells them when the march can start, when it must end,
and the route it can take.
My question is this -- if everyone had just let the alt-right assholes
have their little march, along the prescribed route, and no one had
shown up to protest and get in fights, what do you think would have
happened? Is it possible that they'd have just had their little march
and gone home?
Or maybe, people would conclude that silence means their message is
acceptable?
Post by Emily
The protestors could have had a march tomorrow or next weekend. If no
one showed up to protest it, wouldn't that be better than what we have
today?
I doubt if there was one person on either side today who saw what was
happening and thought "Gosh, I think I like the other side better!"
This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that have
been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies are not
going to change anything.
I suggest the broad majority of Americans - Left, Right, Center,
Democrat, Republican - condemn this trash and make these people (through
means that comply with Freedom of Speech) pariahs.
Emily
2017-08-13 12:10:32 UTC
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 17:20:06 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Emily
I'm not familiar with the details of the sort of permits required for
this sort of thing, but as far as I know, the group wanting to march
has to say where they want to march, and whoever is in charge of
issuing permits tells them when the march can start, when it must end,
and the route it can take.
My question is this -- if everyone had just let the alt-right assholes
have their little march, along the prescribed route, and no one had
shown up to protest and get in fights, what do you think would have
happened? Is it possible that they'd have just had their little march
and gone home?
Or maybe, people would conclude that silence means their message is
acceptable?
I suppose if a person had been living in a cave all their life or had
an IQ of about 60 that would be possible.
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Emily
The protestors could have had a march tomorrow or next weekend. If no
one showed up to protest it, wouldn't that be better than what we have
today?
I doubt if there was one person on either side today who saw what was
happening and thought "Gosh, I think I like the other side better!"
This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that have
been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies are not
going to change anything.
I suggest the broad majority of Americans - Left, Right, Center,
Democrat, Republican - condemn this trash and make these people (through
means that comply with Freedom of Speech) pariahs.
It seems to me that they have been considered pariahs by most thinking
people for a long time, but then we got the Orange Blob who may not
belong to the organization but obviously doesn't condemn them, and
they felt emboldened to crawl out from under their rocks and proudly
don their clan regalia. And the ones who don't have clan uniforms do
have bullet-proof vests and high powered automatic rifles. The other
side has signs.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-08-13 14:59:12 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Emily
[...]
Bingo on the Orange Blob's effect! And that's why strong condemnation
including counter protests, not silence, is needed.
me
2017-08-13 16:11:24 UTC
This is precisely what the other political side is doing. Those folks are no longer silent to what they perceive as injustice. Looks like they have had enough political correctness. So where to go from here? Escalation or diplomacy and compromise? The latter seems increasingly unlikely.
Gary
2017-08-13 12:17:38 UTC
Post by Emily
The protestors could have had a march tomorrow or next weekend. If no
one showed up to protest it, wouldn't that be better than what we have
today?
I doubt if there was one person on either side today who saw what was
happening and thought "Gosh, I think I like the other side better!"
This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that have
been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies are not
going to change anything.
I suggest the broad majority of Americans - Left, Right, Center,
Democrat, Republican - condemn this trash and make these people (through
means that comply with Freedom of Speech) pariahs.
Condemn who ? The protesters (exercising free speech) or the worthless
white-trash that tried to disrupt them ?
Jack Fate
2017-08-13 12:24:03 UTC
Condemn who ? The protesters
They weren't protesting, low IQ bigoted racist. They were revealing the
true nature of too many assholes in what is now one of the worst
countries on the planet. The USA is only number one is the worst things
and you, sir, are one of them.
Gary
2017-08-13 16:20:44 UTC
Condemn who ? The protesters
They weren't protesting, low IQ bigoted racist. They were revealing the
true nature of too many assholes in what is now one of the worst
countries on the planet. The USA is only number one is the worst things
and you, sir, are one of them.
Is there anything in the Bible or the Constitution that tells us:

"Thou must love a naggerroe as thyself" ?
Jack Fate
2017-08-13 17:29:09 UTC
Condemn who ? The protesters
They weren't protesting, low IQ bigoted racist. They were revealing
the true nature of too many assholes in what is now one of the
worst countries on the planet. The USA is only number one is the
worst things and you, sir, are one of them.
"Thou must love a naggerroe as thyself" ?
So, you need some kind of authority to be a decent human being and can't
do it all by yourself?
Talis Mann
2017-08-14 03:10:57 UTC
So, you need some kind of authority to be a decent human being
Talis Mann
2017-08-14 03:13:53 UTC
They weren't protesting, low IQ bigoted racist.

2017-08-13 12:25:18 UTC
Post by Emily
The protestors could have had a march tomorrow or next weekend. If no
one showed up to protest it, wouldn't that be better than what we have
today?
I doubt if there was one person on either side today who saw what was
happening and thought "Gosh, I think I like the other side better!"
This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that have
been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies are not
going to change anything.
I suggest the broad majority of Americans - Left, Right, Center,
Democrat, Republican - condemn this trash and make these people (through
means that comply with Freedom of Speech) pariahs.
Were there any police cars turned over and burned?
Were there any store fronts destroyed and looted?
How many gun shots were heard?
Those are normal events for black protests.
Jack Fate
2017-08-13 12:26:39 UTC
Post by Emily
The protestors could have had a march tomorrow or next weekend.
If no one showed up to protest it, wouldn't that be better than
what we have today?
I doubt if there was one person on either side today who saw what
was happening and thought "Gosh, I think I like the other side
better!"
This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that
have been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies
are not going to change anything.
I suggest the broad majority of Americans - Left, Right, Center,
Democrat, Republican - condemn this trash and make these people
(through means that comply with Freedom of Speech) pariahs.
Were there any police cars turned over and burned? Were there any
store fronts destroyed and looted? How many gun shots were heard?
Those are normal events for black protests.
It figures you would defend Nazis and KKK members. You are one of the
reasons the USA has a very bad reputation overseas.
Gary
2017-08-13 12:40:03 UTC
Post by Emily
[...]
Nazis ? Yes, I'm sure a lot of them were of German descent. KKK ? Last I
heard that grand old organization closed down in the 1950s. At least that is
what the son of one of its founders told me.

BTW, nazi means "German".

Nazi is a Jewish-Hebrew expression for people who used to lived in the ancient
land of Naz. Naz was the area that we now call Germany. They even named
their European cousins for that area. They called them the Ashkenazi.
Ashke meaning "our beloved" who live in the "land of the Nazi". Or those damn
"Germans".

When Hitler took power, American journalists heard their Jewish superiors
talking about those "damn nazis" -- they thought they referred to the German
Fascists. You know how stupid journalists are.
Talis Mann
2017-08-14 03:13:37 UTC
It figures you would defend Nazis
Dan C
2017-08-13 02:39:56 UTC
Post by Emily
This is all the result of tensions, disagreements and hatred that have
been around since before the Civil War. Marches and rallies are not
going to change anything.
Do you think the marches and rallies in the 1960's changed anything?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he slipped his date a Purple Microdot.
Thanks, Obama: Loading Image...