Discussion:
Real AI At Work - Check This Out
(too old to reply)
El Castor
2018-05-16 06:50:40 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.

https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/
islander
2018-05-16 13:15:57 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, El Castor wrote:
> Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
> can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
> being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
> woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
> mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/
>
Cool! I wonder if the device can be used to answer your phone calls and
deal with the telemarketing calls that you don't want to deal with. Or
how about calling for customer service and the inevitable delays waiting
for a customer service representative to become available.
The Real GLOBALIST
2018-05-16 15:41:53 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
islander wrote:
> telemarketing calls that you don't want to deal with.

Put the phone on speaker, set it next to Alexa and let them work it out.
El Castor
2018-05-16 18:23:13 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wed, 16 May 2018 06:15:57 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, El Castor wrote:
>> Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
>> can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
>> being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
>> woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
>> mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/
>>
>Cool! I wonder if the device can be used to answer your phone calls and
>deal with the telemarketing calls that you don't want to deal with. Or
>how about calling for customer service and the inevitable delays waiting
>for a customer service representative to become available.

Probably inumerable uses. If you have a VOIP landline, nomorobo will
deal with the robo calls for free. 95% effective for us. It's $2/month
for a cell phone.
islander
2018-05-17 13:16:55 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On 5/16/2018 11:23 AM, El Castor wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2018 06:15:57 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, El Castor wrote:
>>> Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
>>> can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
>>> being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
>>> woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
>>> mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>>>
>>> https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/
>>>
>> Cool! I wonder if the device can be used to answer your phone calls and
>> deal with the telemarketing calls that you don't want to deal with. Or
>> how about calling for customer service and the inevitable delays waiting
>> for a customer service representative to become available.
>
> Probably inumerable uses. If you have a VOIP landline, nomorobo will
> deal with the robo calls for free. 95% effective for us. It's $2/month
> for a cell phone.
>
I installed VOIP a couple of months ago. VOIPo charges only $6.91 per
month and provides a very comprehensive set of tools to manage
everything that one might think of including white list and black list
filters. You have to sign up for 2 years, but there is a 30 day
no-fault opt out if you are not satisfied. I'm satisfied.

Of course, there is also a white list and black list capability on our
Panasonic phone system. A few robo calls still sneak through, usually
those who keep changing their CallerID number.

My wife's cell phone has proved to be so unreliable that robo calls are
the least of our problems.
El Castor
2018-05-17 18:13:16 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Thu, 17 May 2018 06:16:55 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 5/16/2018 11:23 AM, El Castor wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 May 2018 06:15:57 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 5/15/2018 11:50 PM, El Castor wrote:
>>>> Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
>>>> can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
>>>> being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
>>>> woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
>>>> mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>>>>
>>>> https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/
>>>>
>>> Cool! I wonder if the device can be used to answer your phone calls and
>>> deal with the telemarketing calls that you don't want to deal with. Or
>>> how about calling for customer service and the inevitable delays waiting
>>> for a customer service representative to become available.
>>
>> Probably inumerable uses. If you have a VOIP landline, nomorobo will
>> deal with the robo calls for free. 95% effective for us. It's $2/month
>> for a cell phone.
>>
>I installed VOIP a couple of months ago. VOIPo charges only $6.91 per
>month and provides a very comprehensive set of tools to manage
>everything that one might think of including white list and black list
>filters. You have to sign up for 2 years, but there is a 30 day
>no-fault opt out if you are not satisfied. I'm satisfied.
>
>Of course, there is also a white list and black list capability on our
>Panasonic phone system. A few robo calls still sneak through, usually
>those who keep changing their CallerID number.
>
>My wife's cell phone has proved to be so unreliable that robo calls are
>the least of our problems.

NOMOROBO is a consortium of phone service providers that uses a bank
of computers and a huge database to spot robocalls. You provide them
with your password and they intercept incoming calls on the first ring
-- your phone doesn't ring unless NOMOROBO lets it get to #2. Their
computer identifies robo calls, and disconnects the call. You never
hear a ring. It's much more effective than a local blacklist. Being
naturally paranoid, I did find the password requirement a bit
unnerving, but their member companies are legit, and it was created
with the blessings of the FTC and FCC as a last ditch effort.
Unfortunately, the crooks are getting cleverer, and some are so
insidious they leave recorded messages. Aieeeeee!!!! Ironically, I
just got one. With caller ID they are easy to spot and I just
disconnect them... sigh. (-8
me
2018-05-16 14:59:29 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
Related
http://www.kurzweilai.net/two-major-advances-in-autonomous-technologies-that-rival-human-abilities
b***@gmail.com
2018-05-16 15:34:17 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 11:50:46 PM UTC-7, El Castor wrote:
> Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
> can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
> being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
> woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
> mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/

Impressive. The only AI robot I've dealt with is the AT&T robot when I pay my phone bill. I just say "I'd like to pay my bill" and the robot asks some yes/no questions and then takes care of the details.
GLOBALIST
2018-05-16 15:50:10 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 1:50:46 AM UTC-5, El Castor wrote:
> Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
> can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
> being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
> woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
> mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/

It is here and going to get more sophisticated, might even
be better than some of the real customer service people
mg
2018-05-16 16:35:01 UTC
Permalink
Raw Message
On Tue, 15 May 2018 23:50:40 -0700, El Castor
<***@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Google is developing an AI (Artificial Intelligence) assistant that
>can carry on a phone conversation -- and sound like a real human
>being. In this real life example it makes a hair appointment for a
>woman and attempts to make a restaurant reservation. It will blow your
>mind -- at least it did mine. Yikes! Give it a listen.
>
>https://www.facebook.com/circuitbreaker/videos/2045943969031755/
>
>
As I recall, I had the ELIZA program on my VIC-20 and had some fun
playing with it back in the old days. ELIZA was a psychotherapist
program written in the mid 60s by a professor at MIT. The program was
named after Eliza Doolittle. Its mission was to attempt to replicate
the conversation between a psychoanalyst and a patient.

They've obviously made a lot of progress with "chatbots" over the last
50 years, but here's an example of a conversation with the old,
primitive programs which probably only used a few hundred lines of
code, or less:

Human: Hello.

Feelbetter: Hi there!

Human: My name is Sam.

Feelbetter: It’s good to meet you Sam.

Human: I am so depressed.

Feelbetter: You are? What’s going on with you?

Human: My girlfriend left me for my best friend.

Feelbetter: Why would she do that to you?

Human: Because she doesn’t know who she is.

Feelbetter: She’s having an identity crisis?

Human: Is she ever!

Feelbetter: So that’s her problem. Why should your mood be a casualty
of her instability?

Human: I never thought of that before.

Feelbetter: I’m glad you’re discovering new insights. See how much
better life can be by examining it?

Human: I do.

Feelbetter: It’s like you’re a latter day Socrates or something.

Human: You’re a riot.

Feelbetter: I don’t know if I’m a riot or not. Perhaps you have heard
of Cambridge and Oxford? I had heard of them too but I didn’t go
there. Truth is, I got my degree online.

Human: I really am sad, though.

Feelbetter: I am sorry you are so sad. What are you sad about?

And the therapy session continues...
Loading...