Nike - Just do it!
Add Reply
w***@gmail.com
2018-09-11 02:39:58 UTC
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41458838_1455809561229926_8538256789580283904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=3c7b334b84926949c6c976c0eb90e9fd&oe=5C34AC8A
rumpelstiltskin
2018-09-11 04:37:36 UTC
On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:39:58 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:

>https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41458838_1455809561229926_8538256789580283904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=3c7b334b84926949c6c976c0eb90e9fd&oe=5C34AC8A

?? I don't get it.
w***@gmail.com
2018-09-11 12:16:54 UTC

Trump's son is wearing Nike Shoes!
rumpelstiltskin
2018-09-11 21:20:46 UTC
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 05:16:54 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:

>On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 10:37:46 PM UTC-6, rumpelstiltskin wrote:
>> On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 19:39:58 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/41458838_1455809561229926_8538256789580283904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=3c7b334b84926949c6c976c0eb90e9fd&oe=5C34AC8A
>>
>> ?? I don't get it.
>
>Trump's son is wearing Nike Shoes!

Is Nike an enemy of Trump? I see on the web
that Ivanka has a shoe line, but it seems to be
only women's shoes. She's just a house pet
that Trump allows to go into business the way
other people indulge their dogs though, ISTM.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-09-11 21:26:25 UTC
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 14:20:46 -0700, rumpelstiltskin<***@y.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 05:16:54 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:

>>> ?? I don't get it.
>>
>>Trump's son is wearing Nike Shoes!
>

> Is Nike an enemy of Trump? I see on the web
>that Ivanka has a shoe line, but it seems to be
>only women's shoes. She's just a house pet
>that Trump allows to go into business the way
>other people indulge their dogs though, ISTM.

Or maybe that's Melanoma Trump. I don't
keep up with his wives.
w***@gmail.com
2018-09-11 21:41:11 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 3:20:47 PM UTC-6, rumpelstiltskin wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 05:16:54 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:

> >> ?? I don't get it.
> >
> >Trump's son is wearing Nike Shoes!
>

> Is Nike an enemy of Trump? I see on the web
> that Ivanka has a shoe line, but it seems to be
> only women's shoes. She's just a house pet
> that Trump allows to go into business the way
> other people indulge their dogs though, ISTM.

Just a little kidding of the Trump stance!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/barron-trump-nike/

Does This Photograph Show Barron Trump Wearing Nike Shoes?
An ongoing controversy over Nike's endorsement deal with Colin Kaepernick expanded to include an old photograph of the president's 12-year-old son.

President Donald Trump's son Barron was once photographed wearing Nike brand shoes.
RATING
True
ORIGIN

In September 2018, controversy greeted Nike’s announcement of an endorsement deal with Colin Kaepernick, a free agent quarterback and leading figure in ongoing protests against racial injustice by National Football League players.

Among those who weighed in on the debate was President Donald Trump, a longstanding critic of the protests, who has called for the NFL to ban players who sit, kneel or stay off the field during the pre-game playing of the national anthem.

In one tweet, the president alluded to the calls for a boycott of Nike which followed the announcement of the Kaepernick deal, writing: “Just like the NFL, whose ratings have gone WAY DOWN, Nike is getting absolutely killed with anger and boycotts. I wonder if they had any idea that it would be this way?” In another tweet, he simply wrote, “What was Nike thinking?”

Against that background, a photograph re-emerged on social media appearing to show President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump accompanying their son Barron while the youngster wore Nike brand shoes.

In most cases, the intention of those posting and sharing the photograph, which was typically accompanied by the Nike slogan “Just Do It,” appeared to be to accuse the president of hypocrisy (for criticizing Nike while his son wore their products), to foment upset among conservative supporters of Nike boycotts, or to simply make fun of the president and his family:

The meme appears to have first been posted by the “Teanderthal Party” Facebook page on 9 September and was prominently shared by “The Resistance” and “Donald Trump is Not My President,” two anti-Trump pages.

Whether or not one agrees with the premise that Barron Trump’s wearing Nike shoes should be a cause of embarrassment for the president, or evidence of hypocrisy on his part, or should feature at all in the ongoing controversy over Nike’s endorsement deal with Colin Kaepernick, the photograph in the meme is authentic — but it was taken long before President Trump criticized the Nike-Kaepernick deal.

The photograph was captured by Molly Riley on 17 June 2017 and published by the Getty agency. It shows the then 11-year-old Barron Trump leaving the White House with his father and mother before boarding the Marine One helicopter on a visit to Camp David.

The Nike logo can clearly be seen on Barron Trump’s shoes in these two photographs:

Embed from Getty Images

Embed from Getty Images

The photograph is real, but it bears no relevance to a controversy that began more than a year after it was taken.

Filed Under: barron trump donald trump nike +1 more
islander
2018-09-11 22:12:58 UTC
On 9/11/2018 2:20 PM, rumpelstiltskin wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 05:16:54 -0700 (PDT), ***@gmail.com wrote:

>>> ?? I don't get it.
>>
>> Trump's son is wearing Nike Shoes!
>

> Is Nike an enemy of Trump? I see on the web
> that Ivanka has a shoe line, but it seems to be
> only women's shoes. She's just a house pet
> that Trump allows to go into business the way
> other people indulge their dogs though, ISTM.

Perhaps you haven't seen the Trump attacks on Nike for their marketing
campaign featuring Kaepernick.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-09-12 01:14:16 UTC
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 15:12:58 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 9/11/2018 2:20 PM, rumpelstiltskin wrote:

>>> Trump's son is wearing Nike Shoes!
>>

>> Is Nike an enemy of Trump? I see on the web
>> that Ivanka has a shoe line, but it seems to be
>> only women's shoes. She's just a house pet
>> that Trump allows to go into business the way
>> other people indulge their dogs though, ISTM.
>>
>Perhaps you haven't seen the Trump attacks on Nike for their marketing
>campaign featuring Kaepernick.

Not until I read about it from the postings in this thread.
Trump would kiss Nike's butt if they supported him.