Southern California Fires
Add Reply
bill bowden
2017-12-06 02:10:35 UTC
50,000 acre fire is burning down here, plus a couple others. Gov Brown has declared a state of emergency for southern Calif. High winds are making things worse. 27,000 people have been evacuated. The fire was moving at a rate of a football field per second. I live about 98 miles south. I can't see any smoke yet.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-southern-california-wildfires-live-more-photos-thomas-fire-in-ventura-1512492034-htmlstory.html
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-12-06 04:04:23 UTC
Post by bill bowden
50,000 acre fire is burning down here, plus a couple others. Gov
Brown has declared a state of emergency for southern Calif. High
winds are making things worse. 27,000 people have been evacuated. The
fire was moving at a rate of a football field per second. I live
about 98 miles south. I can't see any smoke yet.
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-southern-california-wildfires-live-more-photos-thomas-fire-in-ventura-1512492034-htmlstory.html
I live 10 miles away. The power went off last night. I looked out the
window to see a fire-produced light show in the hills.
El Castor
2017-12-06 07:43:28 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by bill bowden
50,000 acre fire is burning down here, plus a couple others. Gov
Brown has declared a state of emergency for southern Calif. High
winds are making things worse. 27,000 people have been evacuated. The
fire was moving at a rate of a football field per second. I live
about 98 miles south. I can't see any smoke yet.
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-southern-california-wildfires-live-more-photos-thomas-fire-in-ventura-1512492034-htmlstory.html
I live 10 miles away. The power went off last night. I looked out the
window to see a fire-produced light show in the hills.
If you are down wind and the smoke gets strong, it might be a good
time to visit a friend in LA. The smoke from burning buildings can be
toxic.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-12-06 15:48:26 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by bill bowden
50,000 acre fire is burning down here, plus a couple others. Gov
Brown has declared a state of emergency for southern Calif. High
winds are making things worse. 27,000 people have been evacuated. The
fire was moving at a rate of a football field per second. I live
about 98 miles south. I can't see any smoke yet.
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-southern-california-wildfires-live-more-photos-thomas-fire-in-ventura-1512492034-htmlstory.html
I live 10 miles away. The power went off last night. I looked out the
window to see a fire-produced light show in the hills.
If you are down wind and the smoke gets strong, it might be a good
time to visit a friend in LA. The smoke from burning buildings can be
toxic.
Fortunately, I am not downwind. Plus, the latest fire is in LA next to
the Getty Center.
El Castor
2017-12-06 16:55:55 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by bill bowden
50,000 acre fire is burning down here, plus a couple others. Gov
Brown has declared a state of emergency for southern Calif. High
winds are making things worse. 27,000 people have been evacuated. The
fire was moving at a rate of a football field per second. I live
about 98 miles south. I can't see any smoke yet.
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-southern-california-wildfires-live-more-photos-thomas-fire-in-ventura-1512492034-htmlstory.html
I live 10 miles away. The power went off last night. I looked out the
window to see a fire-produced light show in the hills.
If you are down wind and the smoke gets strong, it might be a good
time to visit a friend in LA. The smoke from burning buildings can be
toxic.
Fortunately, I am not downwind. Plus, the latest fire is in LA next to
the Getty Center.
That's a shame. I love that Getty museum -- the one on the mountain.
On a clear day the view of LA is awesome.