If this isn't obstruction of justice, what is?
2017-05-17 01:03:39 UTC
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

Corey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation
By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT MAY 16, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump asked the F.B.I. director, James B. Corey,
to shut down the federal investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national
security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in an Oval Office meeting in
February, according to a memo Mr. Corey wrote shortly after the meeting.

“I hope you can let this go,” the president told Mr. Corey, according to
the memo.

The existence of Mr. Trump’s request is the clearest evidence that the
president has tried to directly influence the Justice Department and
F.B.I. investigation into links between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.

Mr. Corey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president
immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn
resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part
of a paper trail Mr. Corey created documenting what he perceived as the
president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An
F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as
credible evidence of conversations. (more...)
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-17 04:07:12 UTC
[...]
For a normal person, this would be obstruction of justice. But it is
plausible that when Trump says "I hope you can let this go", he is just
putting a good word in for Flynn off the cuff with no intention of
halting an investigation. I say this because Trump, unlike a normal
person, is so clueless he is unaware how bad this looks.
El Castor
2017-05-17 07:21:18 UTC
On Tue, 16 May 2017 21:07:12 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by islander
[...]
Sigh -- a reasonable observation. It seems that largely frivolous
allegations, accusations, and demands for a special prosecutor are up
to two or three a day. Their purpose is clearly to get Trump to step
down, or at the least bring the operation of the government to a halt.
You would probably disagree, but I am beginning to wonder if in the
long run a democracy can continue to function under these
circumstances.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-17 13:36:09 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by islander
[...]
I said my interpretation is plausible. It is also plausible that Trump
is guilty of obstruction of justice. The allegations, etc. aren't
frivolous.
circumstances.
islander
2017-05-17 14:00:37 UTC
Post by El Castor
Their purpose is clearly to get Trump to step
down, or at the least bring the operation of the government to a halt.
You would probably disagree, but I am beginning to wonder if in the
long run a democracy can continue to function under these
circumstances.
It is a pretty high bar to impeach a president (or it should be), but
Comey evidently prepared a memo for the record after every meeting that
he had with Trump. And, Trump is being very coy about whether or not he
recorded conversations with Comey. There is more to come here.

For now, the Republicans are keeping pretty quiet about this because
they still have hope of passing at least two major pieces of
legislation, the AHCA (in some form) and a Tax Reform bill. Then there
is the budget which comes up in September. They just want someone who
will sign them and will probably stand with Trump until that is done.
Then, Katie bar the door!

The Ossoff election in Georgia's 6th could be exciting. Ossoff is
essentially running against Trump and ignoring his Republican opponent.
If he wins, that will be another humiliation for Trump.

Of course there is the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals which will be
announcing its decision on Trump's travel ban in June.

Getting to be difficult to keep track without a score card!
El Castor
2017-05-17 15:11:10 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by islander
[...]
Of course they are frivolous. What is the source of any of this crap?
Here's some more anonymous news for you. With the aid of liberals in
the media, Hillary and Obama are coordinating a deliberate smear
campaign designed to bring down the government. Partisan politics at
its very worst.
circumstances.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-17 16:01:50 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by islander
[...]
Pet peeve: using "of course" on a point of disagreement. Do you think
"of course" is going to persuade me? "Of course" should be reserved for
areas of agreement (see below).
Post by El Castor
What is the source of any of this crap?
Anonymous officials close to Comey. Of course we shouldn't conclude
Trump has done anything wrong based on an anonymous source. However,
the charge is not frivolous and we should not assume the charge is false
either. Further investigation is warranted. I like the idea of
Congress issuing a subpoena for the alleged memo.
I doubt you have an anonymous source for that.
El Castor
2017-05-17 21:33:02 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by islander
[...]
Of course.
Post by El Castor
Here's some more anonymous news for you. With the aid of liberals in
the media, Hillary and Obama are coordinating a deliberate smear
campaign designed to bring down the government. Partisan politics at
its very worst.
I doubt you have an anonymous source for that.
"I heard it somewhere". That's as good as most of the crap being
pumped out about Trump. But, actually ...

"Hillary Clinton steps deeper into Democratic Party resistance with
new, anti-Trump political group"
http://www.businessinsider.com/hillary-clinton-anti-trump-political-group-onward-together-2017-5

You force me to bring out the big guns! Satan himself!

"Barack Obama Is Personally Orchestrating A Satanic Sedition Against
President Trump"
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/rick-wiles-barack-obama-is-personally-orchestrating-a-satanic-sedition-against-president-trump/
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-17 21:46:56 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
You are free to lose all credibility by equating these sources to the
one's on the Comey memo.
El Castor
2017-05-18 07:09:09 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
This is not a question of credibility. It is, of course, a partisan
battle in which Democrats are dead set on destroying President Trump
by any means necessary -- true, false, or deliberate fabrication --
any means -- credibility be damned.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-18 14:24:23 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
You are backsliding.
El Castor
2017-05-18 18:06:12 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
There is something to be said for tradition. (-8
islander
2017-05-18 15:25:50 UTC
Post by El Castor
[...]
I'll see your big guns and raise you with what I found in my mail this
morning. It is a bit long, but excellent satire:
Bye Bye G7… Hello to The Seven Bastards
Donald Trump’s musings upon leaving Sicily after the G7 summit.
https://www.theglobalist.com/g7-donald-trump-jinping-duterte/
Gary
2017-05-17 21:57:52 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
On Wed, 17 May 2017 06:36:09 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
<snip>
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
I said my interpretation is plausible. It is also plausible that Trump
is guilty of obstruction of justice. The allegations, etc. aren't
frivolous.
Of course they are frivolous.
Pet peeve: using "of course" on a point of disagreement. Do you think
"of course" is going to persuade me? "Of course" should be reserved for
areas of agreement
"of course"

1. Used to introduce an idea or turn of events as being obvious or to be
expected. "the point is, of course, that the puzzle itself is misleading"

synonyms: naturally
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-17 23:57:37 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
I said my interpretation is plausible. It is also plausible that Trump
is guilty of obstruction of justice. The allegations, etc. aren't
frivolous.
Of course they are frivolous.
Pet peeve: using "of course" on a point of disagreement. Do you think
"of course" is going to persuade me? "Of course" should be reserved for
areas of agreement
"of course"
1. Used to introduce an idea or turn of events as being obvious or to be
expected. "the point is, of course, that the puzzle itself is misleading"
synonyms: naturally
When you disagree with somebody, saying "of course" they are obviously
wrong is not likely to be persuasive.
El Castor
2017-05-18 07:38:36 UTC
On Wed, 17 May 2017 16:57:37 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Gary
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
I said my interpretation is plausible. It is also plausible that Trump
is guilty of obstruction of justice. The allegations, etc. aren't
frivolous.
Of course they are frivolous.
Pet peeve: using "of course" on a point of disagreement. Do you think
"of course" is going to persuade me? "Of course" should be reserved for
areas of agreement
"of course"
1. Used to introduce an idea or turn of events as being obvious or to be
expected. "the point is, of course, that the puzzle itself is misleading"
synonyms: naturally
When you disagree with somebody, saying "of course" they are obviously
wrong is not likely to be persuasive.
In this case, attempts at persuasion are as futile as convincing the
lyon that you would not make a tasty dinner. Democrats are not
interested in the truth -- their motive is primarily to derail Trump's
policy initiatives. If the charges get him removed from office, or
succeed in humiliating and utterly breaking the man, that would be
cause for celebration, but if all they do is prevent the wall, tax
cuts, regulatory reform, pipelines, etc, then they have achieved their
goal.
Josh Rosenbluth
2017-05-18 14:27:50 UTC
On 5/18/2017 12:38 AM, El Castor wrote:

{snip}
Is the investigation a witch hunt or legitimate?
El Castor
2017-05-18 18:16:42 UTC
On Thu, 18 May 2017 07:27:50 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by El Castor
Democrats are not
interested in the truth -- their motive is primarily to derail Trump's
policy initiatives.
Is the investigation a witch hunt or legitimate?
More witch hunt than legitimate, but if a special prosecutor can get
you liberals to shut up long enough for some legislation to make it
through congress, then let the witch be hunted. (-8
islander
2017-05-19 00:34:44 UTC
On Thu, 18 May 2017 07:27:50 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by El Castor
Democrats are not
interested in the truth -- their motive is primarily to derail Trump's
policy initiatives.
Is the investigation a witch hunt or legitimate?
More witch hunt than legitimate, but if a special prosecutor can get
you liberals to shut up long enough for some legislation to make it
through congress, then let the witch be hunted. (-8
The Democrats have been pretty quiet. Why make waves when Trump seems
to be doing a pretty good job of stepping on his....tie?

As to getting legislation through Congress, what seems to be the
problem? The Republicans have a majority in both houses. Oh yes, the
Tea Party caucus!
El Castor
2017-05-19 07:19:46 UTC
On Thu, 18 May 2017 07:27:50 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by El Castor
Democrats are not
interested in the truth -- their motive is primarily to derail Trump's
policy initiatives.
Is the investigation a witch hunt or legitimate?
More witch hunt than legitimate, but if a special prosecutor can get
you liberals to shut up long enough for some legislation to make it
through congress, then let the witch be hunted. (-8
The Democrats have been pretty quiet. Why make waves when Trump seems
to be doing a pretty good job of stepping on his....tie?
Pretty quiet???? In memory of Sordo, just let me say,
Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!
Post by islander
As to getting legislation through Congress, what seems to be the
problem? The Republicans have a majority in both houses. Oh yes, the
Tea Party caucus!
We are just in the 5th month of 48 months. and there is so much more
to do. Oh, and how is Ruth's health these days? Cancer twice and a
stent. Oh my.
islander
2017-05-19 14:02:20 UTC
In memory of Sordo, just let me say,
Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!
Is Sordo dead? I haven't seen any evidence that he is still around for
some time now.
El Castor
2017-05-19 19:30:03 UTC
In memory of Sordo, just let me say,
Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!
Is Sordo dead? I haven't seen any evidence that he is still around for
some time now.
I don't know, I hope not. Sordo, along with Jim Chamblee, was a
virtual founder of this group.
Gary
Amen ! I know Jim is gone. I just hope Sordo is still with us.
islander
I thought that the ng was started in Canada. Lorna from Alberta?
El Castor
2017-05-20 07:35:30 UTC
In memory of Sordo, just let me say,
Bwaaahaaahaaahaaa!
Is Sordo dead? I haven't seen any evidence that he is still around for
some time now.
I thought that the ng was started in Canada. Lorna from Alberta?
It's also my understanding that Canadians started it, but Sordo and
Chamblee were here (I believe) twenty years ago, and were what passed
for old timers even then. Another vintage poster was Ed Hatcher -- the
"ad man". Always liked him. Rita, maybe didn't go back quite that far,
but she was another. They are all gone, and many others, with the
possible exception of Sordo, but I have a feeling he is no longer with
us.

mg
2017-05-17 22:11:13 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by islander
[...]
Trump is in the middle of a propaganda war. He needs to
strengthen his ties with the right wing in order to defend
himself against the left wing. He needs to renew his attacks
on the false-news media. He needs to cater to the Tea Party
in the House and shore up or his relationship with Paul
Ryan. He needs to go on the attack against Clinton and
Obama. And he needs to shore up his support from the white,
working class by making some speeches around the country,
especially in the Rust Belt states.

Looking on the positive side, he sure as hell destroyed the
Clinton's international syndicate and their dreams of
getting even richer and ruling the world: :-)
http://vicoactus.org/breaking-clinton-crime-global-initiative-closes-doors-april-15-2017/
circumstances.
El Castor
2017-05-18 07:46:22 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Their purpose is clearly to get Trump to step
down, or at the least bring the operation of the government to a halt.
You would probably disagree, but I am beginning to wonder if in the
long run a democracy can continue to function under these
circumstances.
As we know by now, a special prosecutor was appointed. If, in the end,
he succeeds in exonerating the man, Dems will just claim the fix was
in, but in the meantime maybe he can get some things done -- which, as
my father would have said, will give those Democrats a conniption fit.
I hope you are listening, dad. (-8
mg
2017-05-19 02:37:37 UTC
On Thu, 18 May 2017 00:46:22 -0700, El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Their purpose is clearly to get Trump to step
down, or at the least bring the operation of the government to a halt.
You would probably disagree, but I am beginning to wonder if in the
long run a democracy can continue to function under these
circumstances.
As we know by now, a special prosecutor was appointed. If, in the end,
he succeeds in exonerating the man, Dems will just claim the fix was
in, but in the meantime maybe he can get some things done -- which, as
my father would have said, will give those Democrats a conniption fit.
I hope you are listening, dad. (-8
I didn't know about the appointment. I've been busy the last
few days and haven't kept up.

I think that's bad news for Trump. He's like a minnow
swimming around in a pool of sharks. He probably has no
friends, and if he does have any, they're probably not very
smart. The first thing Trump should have done was surround
himself with friends. As just one example, Alberto Gonzales
was a very good friend of George Bush's and Eric Holder and
Obama were probably very good friends, also.
El Castor
2017-05-19 07:26:06 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
The "special counsel" was appointed by Trump's DOJ, and seems like a
good, fair man without a political axe to grind. I doubt Trump would
have wanted that if he had anything to hide. An investigation of all
the accusations could by some estimates take a couple of years ...
meanwhile.
mg
2017-05-19 11:15:26 UTC
On Fri, 19 May 2017 00:26:06 -0700, El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
I don't think Trump had any choice in the matter, but you
might be right about Mueller being fair. In any case, I
don't think it will take too long to find out what kind of a
guy Robert Mueller is. We'll be able to tell by what kind of
information and leaks come out of his office. If it's
negative personal, irrelevant stuff about Trump or people in
his campaign, we'll know it's going to be a witch hunt.

Do you remember how Ken Starr leaked all the details about
the infamous cigar, for example, in the Bill Clinton
investigation that was originally only supposed to be about
Vince Foster and Whitewater?
islander
2017-05-19 14:20:42 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
[...]
Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein, not Sessions and Trump didn't find
out about it until 30 min before it happened. He was pissed!

It may seem strange, but I'm not in any hurry to impeach Trump. The
Republicans are not accomplishing much and Pence might get more done on
issues that I would rather not see the light of day. As long as Trump
does not get us more deeply into war or piss off too many allies, I'm
content to see the Republicans self-destruct. In the interim, I hope
that the Democrats can get their act sufficiently together to regain
control of Congress.
mg
2017-05-17 04:33:11 UTC
On Tue, 16 May 2017 18:03:39 -0700, islander
Post by islander
[...]
Did Flynn violate the emoluments clause? Did Hillary violate
the emoluments clause? Who decides who to investigate and
who not to investigate? I'm in favor of a full and complete
and open investigation of both of them and putting them both
on trial, if possible.

What is the penalty, incidentally, for violating the
emoluments clause?
me
2017-05-17 13:46:27 UTC
What you are observing is not Trump obstruction of justice. You are witnessing obstruction from Trump opponents of which there are many. The country's cultural divide accelerates. Once voting has no legitimacy other means will be found. There is a real chance politics will turn violent.
GLOBALIST
When you find one on-line post it for us
Jack Fate
2017-05-17 14:04:13 UTC
THERE IS NO MEMO
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-20170517-story.html

Soon there will be no Trump. Will you be able to deal with that, low IQ
Village Idiot?
me
2017-05-17 14:10:49 UTC
If that happens many people will not deal with it. They will resist just as people like you resist.
Jack Fate
2017-05-17 14:13:07 UTC
If that happens many people will not deal with it. They will resist
just as people like you resist.
Yeah, like Nixon's followers did, NOT. The low IQ followers of Trump
will abandon him like rats jumping off a sinking ship. Some already are.
How do you come up with this stupidity?
me
2017-05-17 14:33:05 UTC
Low IQ people will follow high IQ people just as you do. You are the example. You are being led by the nose like a bull. Next time you attend a bull fight there in Spain observe the bull. Then try to think about what is going on.
Jack Fate
2017-05-17 14:35:06 UTC
Low IQ people will follow high IQ people just as you do. You are the
example. You are being led by the nose like a bull. Next time you
attend a bull fight there in Spain observe the bull. Then try to
think about what is going on.
More rubbish from our resident pessimist. I don't go to bull fights. I'm
sure my IQ is double yours.
Tzatz Ziki
2017-05-17 17:41:11 UTC
More rubbish
2017-05-17 17:40:30 UTC
Yeah
2017-05-17 14:19:06 UTC
If that happens many people will not deal with it. They will resist just as people like you resist.
It will trigger another civil war and no one will winl
Jack Fate
2017-05-17 14:23:25 UTC
If that happens many people will not deal with it. They will resist
just as people like you resist.
It will trigger another civil war and no one will winl
No, Trump will go to the big house, most of his followers will turn on
him leaving only low IQ village idiots like you to conduct a civil war.
Puhlease.
Tzatz Ziki
2017-05-17 17:40:51 UTC
No
2017-05-17 14:55:43 UTC
THERE IS NO MEMO
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-20170517-story.html
Soon there will be no Trump. Will you be able to deal with that, low IQ
Village Idiot?
Whatever happens do Trump does not matter to me. All I know is that -- thanks
to him -- there is no Hillary in the White House. I suppose she, Slick Willie
and Chintzy Chelsea have been weeping ever since.
Sang Froid
2017-05-17 17:40:13 UTC
Soon
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-05-18 08:02:43 UTC
[...]

***** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

umm...Village Idiot - bide a wee.
I last heard that Comey is to testify before Congress as early as next
Wednesday.
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/05/17/james-comey-testify-congress-wednesday-nears-trump.html
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/chaffetz-invites-comey-to-testify-next-wednesday-238512

On this note, Village Idiot, what is your take on not one single Republican
congress person saying as you the Village Idiot say:
"THERE IS NO MEMO"?

Indeed, Village Idiot, name one...just one...single solitary Republican
congress person defending The Whining Donald over the Comey meno. Bet,
Village Idiot, that you can't. Now why can't you, Village Idiot, name even
one single solitary lone Republican congress person defending The Whining
Donald over the Comey memo?

Please clarify, Village Idiot.
ha ha ha

You, Village Idiot, are so incredulously idiotic
*F*U*N*N*Y* !!!

wups...just look at the Village Idiot again perform his Intellectual Coward
ploy to run again away from the issue, of course with his tail well between
his legs, back into that deep dark dumpy hole of his under his rock!