Well, that didn't take long...
2017-04-20 23:02:43 UTC
This morning it is reported that Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of
State, former CEO of Exxon, is supporting a waiver from sanctions
against Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with Russian state
oil giant PAO Rosneft to drill for oil in the Black Sea and the Arctic.

The sanctions were put in place in 2015 in response to Russian invasion
of the Ukraine.

Why the urgency to remove these sanctions? Well, it appears that Exxon
will lose its contractual rights for oil exploration in the regions if
the sanctions are not removed soon.

Why should we not be surprised? This is a half trillion dollar deal for
Exxon. It appears that Tillerson is still working for Exxon.
GLOBALIST
2017-04-20 23:20:18 UTC
This morning it is reported that Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of
State, former CEO of Exxon, is supporting a waiver from sanctions
against Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with Russian state
oil giant PAO Rosneft to drill for oil in the Black Sea and the Arctic.
The sanctions were put in place in 2015 in response to Russian invasion
of the Ukraine.
Why the urgency to remove these sanctions? Well, it appears that Exxon
will lose its contractual rights for oil exploration in the regions if
the sanctions are not removed soon.
Why should we not be surprised? This is a half trillion dollar deal for
Exxon. It appears that Tillerson is still working for Exxon.
Most intelligent human beings, world wide, understand
how Obama and Hillary wrecked out relationship with Russia.
Rex is the perfect choice to heal and restore that
You must dwell in the 1950s
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-04-22 08:33:10 UTC
[...]

***** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

OHHHH - look at that forked tongue of the Village Idiot run amok again!

And now - here is the obligatory Intellectual Coward ploy as performed by
the Village Idiot to run yet again away from the issue of his forked tongue
running amok, of course with his tail tucked well between his legs, back
into that deep dark despicable hole of his under his rock.
Lawrence Akutagawa
2017-04-22 08:39:59 UTC
[...]

OK, Village Idiot - I'll bite yet again.
You the Village Idiot here say:
"Rex is the perfect choice to heal and restore that"

Do explain, Village Idiot, exactly how Tillerson is in actual fact "the
perfect choice" when he clearly chose in his recent Moscow visit to run away
from the Russians with his T-rex tail well between his legs, much as your
very own Village Idiot tail is between your legs when you perform your
Intellectual Coward ploy? Are you the Village idiot really making a case
that the best way "to heal and restore that" relationship with Russia is to
run away from the issue as he did...and as you the Village Idiot clearly do?

Please clarify, Village Idiot.
ha ha ha

wups...just look at the Village Idiot again perform his obligatory
Intellectual Coward ploy to (of course) run away from the issue once more,
of course with his tail high between his legs, back into that deep dark
deplorable hole of his under his rock!

mg
2017-04-20 23:41:51 UTC
On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 16:02:43 -0700, islander
Post by islander
This morning it is reported that Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of
State, former CEO of Exxon, is supporting a waiver from sanctions
against Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with Russian state
oil giant PAO Rosneft to drill for oil in the Black Sea and the Arctic.
The sanctions were put in place in 2015 in response to Russian invasion
of the Ukraine.
Why the urgency to remove these sanctions? Well, it appears that Exxon
will lose its contractual rights for oil exploration in the regions if
the sanctions are not removed soon.
Why should we not be surprised? This is a half trillion dollar deal for
Exxon. It appears that Tillerson is still working for Exxon.
It's a battle of the war profiteers vs. the oil profiteers.
So, given a choice, I'm in favor of having as many sources
of oil on the world market as possible in order to keep the
price down.

Besides, I believe that sanctions imposed by individual
countries, instead of the U.N., are immoral and illegal.
https://southfront.org/will-trump-lift-sanctions-on-russia-the-legal-status-of-u-s-unilateral-sanctions-pressures-from-war-profiteers/
me
2017-04-21 08:22:16 UTC
Why are UN sanctions more moral?
mg
2017-04-21 09:21:48 UTC
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 01:22:16 -0700 (PDT), me
Post by me
Why are UN sanctions more moral?
I believe that sanctions are a form of warfare, but instead
of primarily effecting enemy soldiers, they often effect
civilians, including women and children.

The U.S. is a signatory to the United Nations Charter which
is based on the Just War theory which is the best ethical
approach to war that theologians, ethicists, policy makers
and military leaders have been able to come up with in over
a thousand years. It's not perfect, of course, but it does
help to preclude the killing, or unnecessary suffering, of
civilians in another country for political reasons, or
war-profiteering reasons, for instance.
me
2017-04-21 19:31:03 UTC
Every war is prosecuted with the belief it is a 'just' war. Instead of 'belief' the word 'rationalized' is more appropriate.
billbowden
2017-04-21 01:37:12 UTC
This morning it is reported that Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of
State, former CEO of Exxon, is supporting a waiver from sanctions against
Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with Russian state oil giant
PAO Rosneft to drill for oil in the Black Sea and the Arctic.
The sanctions were put in place in 2015 in response to Russian invasion of
the Ukraine.
Why the urgency to remove these sanctions? Well, it appears that Exxon
will lose its contractual rights for oil exploration in the regions if the
sanctions are not removed soon.
Why should we not be surprised? This is a half trillion dollar deal for
Exxon. It appears that Tillerson is still working for Exxon.
So, buy some Exxon stock (XOM) and you too can participate in the profits.
But I didn't see much of a market change today, or the last 5 years.
.
El Castor
2017-04-21 09:10:11 UTC
This morning it is reported that Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of
State, former CEO of Exxon, is supporting a waiver from sanctions
against Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with Russian state
oil giant PAO Rosneft to drill for oil in the Black Sea and the Arctic.
The sanctions were put in place in 2015 in response to Russian invasion
of the Ukraine.
Why the urgency to remove these sanctions? Well, it appears that Exxon
will lose its contractual rights for oil exploration in the regions if
the sanctions are not removed soon.
Why should we not be surprised? This is a half trillion dollar deal for
Exxon. It appears that Tillerson is still working for Exxon.
$500 billion in business for an American company. What's not to like?
Screwing with Exxon and PAO will make Putin bail out of Crimea? I
don't think so.
islander
2017-04-21 15:17:31 UTC
This morning it is reported that Rex Tillerson, our new Secretary of
State, former CEO of Exxon, is supporting a waiver from sanctions
against Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with Russian state
oil giant PAO Rosneft to drill for oil in the Black Sea and the Arctic.
The sanctions were put in place in 2015 in response to Russian invasion
of the Ukraine.
Why the urgency to remove these sanctions? Well, it appears that Exxon
will lose its contractual rights for oil exploration in the regions if
the sanctions are not removed soon.
Why should we not be surprised? This is a half trillion dollar deal for
Exxon. It appears that Tillerson is still working for Exxon.
$500 billion in business for an American company. What's not to like?
Screwing with Exxon and PAO will make Putin bail out of Crimea? I
don't think so.
Probably no help for Crimea, but bloodying the noses of the Russian
oligarchs may well put a crimp in other Russian ambitions in eastern
Europe. Oil is 70% of total Russian export revenue. It has gotta hurt!
rumpelstiltskin
2017-04-21 18:57:29 UTC
[...]
Crimea already got the help it wanted. It separated from the
artificial 1954 union with the Crimean SSR, and went back to Russia.
Did you notice in the maps I posted here once that what is now
Souther Ukraine was usually part of Crimea?

As to the borders of Ukraine, they've fluctuated as wildly
as the borders of Poland, but never (that I see) has Ukraine
included Crimea until 1954 with the Crimean SSR.

More Russia-bashing. It gets old.