Trump Raping Women and Getting Away With It - Pro Rape Rightists Defend Him
Add Reply
Tom Jr. Sr. III
2017-10-11 02:50:51 UTC
The most painful misrepresentation in Donald Trump’s largely lie-
based campaign did not emerge until after the release of the 2005
“Access Hollywood” tape in which Trump described his way of
interacting with women to whom he’s attracted: pushing himself on
them physically, without obtaining consent. “I just start kissing
them,” he bragged, talking to Billy Bush, the show’s host. “When
you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” At the
second Presidential debate, Anderson Cooper pointed out to Trump
that he was describing sexual assault, and pressed him on the
obvious question: Had he actually ever done the things he bragged
about? No, Trump said—and he has continued to stick to this
answer, despite the fact that twenty women have now come forward
by name with firsthand stories about Trump’s predatory
behavior—thirteen of them within just the past two weeks.
A Washington Post/ABC News

Step right up and spin a wheel of statements made by Donald
Trump—and our investigations of them.
The assumption that Trump is lying is a reasonable one. As many
have pointed out, this is not a “he said, she said” situation.
Jake Tapper, on CNN, called it a “she said, she said, she said,
she said, she said, she said, she said, she said, she said
situation”—and, of course, Trump said it, too. The question in the
Post/ABC poll could be reframed: Which Trump do you believe? The
candidate in the final stretch of his failing Presidential bid, or
the man in 2005, whose boasts are corroborated by more than a
dozen women? Trump lodged his own sexual-misconduct allegations.
And, to deny them, he has to impute dishonesty not just to all the
women who have come out in agreement with him but to his former
self.
Trump also must undermine the image he’s built for himself as the
wild card who doesn’t care about propriety, who always tells it
like it is. But, over the past week, he has proved incapable of
this maneuver. Even in his denials, Trump is acting like Trump,
offering a string of epithets and diminishments that reinforce the
idea that preying on women is a normal thing to do. It seems
entirely clear that these allegations disturb Trump only because
they inconvenience him. He has not once spoken about the matter as
if he understands that groping women, in itself, is wrong.
The earliest accusation of sexual misconduct against Trump came
from his ex-wife Ivana, who, during a divorce deposition in 1990,
described being violently raped. (Later, without retracting her
story, Ivana said that she didn’t mean the word in a “literal or
criminal” sense.) Then, this May, the New York Times published a
story that detailed a 1996 deposition in the case of Jill Harth,
who had worked with Trump on a beauty pageant in Atlantic City,
and alleged that Trump had groped her under the table at a
business dinner. In the same piece, Temple Taggart McDowell, a
former Miss Utah, described being kissed, inappropriately, on the
mouth. Then, in early October, Harth gave the Times_ _more
details: Trump had kissed her, she said, despite her “desperately
protesting,” and had pushed her against a wall.
After the “Access Hollywood” tape, the first two women to come
forward were Rachel Crooks and Jessica Leeds, who talked to the
Times. Leeds says that Trump groped her on an airplane more than
three decades ago; Crooks, who worked in Trump Tower, says that
Trump kissed her on the mouth in 2005 in a way that felt like a
“violation.” The same day, the Palm Beach Post_ published Mindy
McGillivray’s account of being grabbed by Trump at Mar-a-Lago
thirteen years ago, and Natasha Stoynoff, a writer for People,
published a disturbing account of being attacked by Trump at Mar-
a-Lago in 2005. Two days later, the Washington Post published
Kristin Anderson’s account of the time Trump “touched her vagina
through her underwear” at a night club in the early nineties, and
a former “Apprentice” contestant, Summer Zervos, held a press
conference with the civil-rights attorney Gloria Allred, stating
that Trump kissed her “aggressively” and touched her breast in a
prolonged attack. Two days after that, Cathy Heller told People
_that Trump had forcibly tried to kiss her at Mar-a-Lago in the
late nineties. Another former “Apprentice” contestant, Jennifer
Murphy, who supports Trump, told Grazia that he kissed her on the
mouth after a job interview. This morning, another new accuser
came forward: Karena Virginia, also represented by Allred, who
said that Trump grabbed her breast at the U.S. Open in 1998.
There are other stories alleging less physical but no less
unnerving behavior. Cassandra Searles and Samantha Holvey, former
beauty contestants, have described separate instances of Trump
leering at them and “checking everyone out” backstage. So has
Carrie Prejean, who supports Trump but detailed an uncomfortable
pageant scene in her memoir, and Rowanne Brewer Lane, who told the
Times_ _that Trump pressured her to strip and change into a
swimsuit—though she later clarified that this was not “a negative
experience.” Tasha Dixon, Bridget Sullivan, Mariah Billado, and
Victoria Hughes, all former Miss Teen USA or Miss USA contestants,
spoke to BuzzFeed and the CBS affiliate in Los Angeles,
corroborating Trump’s own boasts about walking backstage when his
contestants—as he put it to Howard Stern—were “standing there with
no clothes.” Three other anonymous ex-pageant contestants have
given the same story to BuzzFeed; another has spoken with the
Guardian.
That makes twenty-four women who have corroborated Trump’s own
boasting, twenty of whom have offered up their identities. As
always happens when someone accuses a high-profile man of sexual
misconduct, these women will be tied to their unpleasant, formerly
private stories for life. And still, save for his ex-wife Ivana’s
sworn account of Trump ripping her hair out and then raping her,
the women have described nothing that Trump has not, in the past,
voluntarily confessed himself. He remains his own most prolific
accuser: consider the time he told ABC that he had advised his
friends to “be rougher” with their wives; or the 1992 video in
which he says in front of a very young girl that he’ll be “dating
her in ten years”; or the Chicago Tribune_ _story, also from 1992,
in which he gives two fourteen-year-olds a “couple” of years
before he’ll date them. In 1999, Trump told Stern in mock dismay
that his daughter Ivanka, then seventeen, had made him promise
never to date anyone younger than her. In 2004, he said that it
was fine to call his daughter a “piece of ass.” This isn’t sexual
misconduct as much as it is the language of a man who doesn’t
believe that such a thing really exists.
Trump’s accusers have tellingly similar stories: he kissed them,
he groped them, he leered at them, he seemed blind to the idea of
mutual interest. He also did all of this in familiar
surroundings—as if the women were merely part of the buildings and
organizations that he owned. Trump has also responded to their
allegations in a consistent and conspicuously aggressive way. In
1993, he called Ivana’s allegations “obviously false.” When the
Daily Beast followed up on this story last year, Trump’s lawyer,
Michael Cohen, said that, “by the very definition, you can’t rape
your spouse,” and then he threatened revenge over the story. As
Trump has done, Cohen refuted an allegation of sexual violence in
an alarming tone that immediately brings sexual violence to mind.
“What I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting,”
he said. (He has since apologized.)
In the Times_ story about Rachel Crooks and Jessica Leeds, Trump
“began shouting” when reached for comment; he suggested that the
Times _was fabricating stories “to hurt him,” and called the
reporter a “disgusting human being.” Last Friday, at a rally in
Greensboro, North Carolina, Trump blathered, “These people are
sick. These people are sick.” The accusations were “all false,
they’re totally invented, fiction. All one-hundred-per-cent
totally and completely fabricated. Never met this person, these
people, I don’t know who they are.” He repeated this lie at
Wednesday night’s debate. “I didn’t know any of these women,” he
said. “I didn’t see these women.” (He also claimed, falsely, that
their stories “have been largely debunked” and added, bizarrely,
“I didn’t even apologize to my wife.”) In fact, he worked with
many of his accusers, and even the witness produced by Trump’s
campaign to discredit Leeds—a man who, by the way, once boasted
about arranging underage sex parties for politicians—acknowledged
that Leeds and Trump were sitting next to each other on the plane.
The day before the North Carolina rallies, Trump had addressed
Natasha Stoynoff’s story in West Palm Beach, Florida, implying
that she wasn’t good-looking enough to assault. “Take a look, you
take a look,” he said. “Look at her, look at her words, you tell
me what you think.” He said that if Stoynoff were telling the
truth she’d have written about the incident in her story for
People._ _(Six named sources have since corroborated Stoynoff’s
account.) At the Greensboro rally, he addressed Leeds’s story in a
similar manner: she wasn’t hot enough to be preyed on. “Believe
me, she would not be my first choice,” he said. Trump implied that
he had built up a trustworthy record—not in terms of moral conduct
but in terms of women’s looks. “You understand me for a lot of
years, O.K.? When you looked at that horrible woman last night,
you said I don’t think so. I don’t think so.”
But the worst thread in this entire rotten fabric is the one in
which Trump positions himself as the victim. At another rally,
this past Friday, in Charlotte, he even used the word—he was “a
victim of one of the great political smear campaigns in the
history of our country,” he said. He and his team have repeatedly
defended themselves by invoking the idea that women with assault
stories are looking for “some free fame,” as Trump said at the
Greensboro rally, or “free publicity,” as Hope Hicks said about
Kristin Anderson. Trump raised the issue again at Wednesday
night’s debate, saying that the accusers had been brought forward
by the Clinton campaign to enjoy their “ten minutes of fame,” as
if any person could possibly find this enjoyable.
To try to pin these women’s stories on the Clinton campaign is an
extraordinary low, given that Trump is also accusing Clinton of
somehow rigging the election. It’s nothing to him, equating
sexual-assault accusations with the spectre of election fraud,
casting the former in the light of grand conspiracy. He has even
seemed to imply that most accusations of sexual misconduct are
dubious. “I don’t think they’d happen with very many people,” he
said, referring to the women’s stories, “but they certainly aren’t
going to happen with me.” He was tired of turning on the
television, he said, and seeing these stories. So are we. “I think
it’s a disgusting thing,” he said. So do I. But for Trump,
evidently, it’s the fact of women speaking, of existing beyond his
control, that’s disgusting. He isn’t used to what’s happened to
him this year—all these women getting in his way.
Ubiquitous
2017-10-11 09:31:37 UTC
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7