Feels Like Summer in Georgia
2017-10-11 20:37:24 UTC
It's had to believe this is October 11th.

The temperature in Georgia today is 90 degrees. The heat index (real-feel) says it
feels like 98 degrees. And .... it sure does :-)
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-11 21:20:04 UTC
It's had to believe this is October 11th.
The temperature in Georgia today is 90 degrees.
The heat index (real-feel) says it
feels like 98 degrees. And .... it ,sure does :-)
Kinda tough working out in the cotton fields pickin'
those cotton bolls before they get rotten, eh, Gary?
Gary
2017-10-11 21:39:40 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Gary
It's had to believe this is October 11th.
The temperature in Georgia today is 90 degrees.
The heat index (real-feel) says it
feels like 98 degrees. And .... it ,sure does :-)
Kinda tough working out in the cotton fields pickin'
those cotton bolls before they get rotten, eh, Gary?
Imagine how tough it would be for one guy -- with a small whip -- trying to keep ten or
fifteen cotton pickers busy on a day like today ?

Now fast forward to the 1950s. I was about 14, and my uncle had a large grove of pecan
trees. I think he paid like two cents a pound for the pecans to be picked up off the
ground. He offered me a nickel a pound if I wanted to pick up some. It was a day about
like today. After about an hour -- I quit. And that ended my agricultural career.
Tzatz Ziki
2017-10-15 18:02:16 UTC
Imagine how tough it would be for one guy
Imagine how easy it would be for one guy with good steel-toed boots
to kick your teeth down your gullet, you worthless piece of white-
trash trailer-park bigoted SHIT!

rumpelstiltskin
2017-10-11 21:51:06 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Gary
It's had to believe this is October 11th.
The temperature in Georgia today is 90 degrees.
The heat index (real-feel) says it
feels like 98 degrees. And .... it ,sure does :-)
Kinda tough working out in the cotton fields pickin'
those cotton bolls before they get rotten, eh, Gary?
The region north of the San Francisco Bay is on
fire. El Castor is closer to it than I am. Even
today the air in San Francisco is still smoky from
the fires 30 or 50 miles away up North. The
smoke is actually something of a health hazard
even in San Francisco.

Can't wait for next year, if I live so long.
Hurricanes one after another barrelling into the
East Coast, followed by even more massive
fires in California than there have been this
year, maybe with whole cities burning down.
We live in interesting times.

Global Warming?
http://tinyurl.com/yd4lj72d
b***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 07:09:31 UTC
...Can't wait for next year, if I live so long.
Hurricanes one after another barrelling into the
East Coast, followed by even more massive
fires in California than there have been this
year, maybe with whole cities burning down.
We live in interesting times.
Yep, Rumpel, it's that Smokey da Bear-he has run amok!
Nevertheless (is that one word or three/), just you
wait till that Korean guy gets really pissed off! BOOM!!

"Run into the round house, Nellie- he can't corner you there!"
~Dudley Doright, RCMP
rumpelstiltskin
2017-10-12 08:40:47 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
...Can't wait for next year, if I live so long.
Hurricanes one after another barrelling into the
East Coast, followed by even more massive
fires in California than there have been this
year, maybe with whole cities burning down.
We live in interesting times.
Yep, Rumpel, it's that Smokey da Bear-he has run amok!
Nevertheless (is that one word or three/), just you
wait till that Korean guy gets really pissed off! BOOM!!
MY only consolation is that Seattle is probably an
easier target for him than San Francisco. Once he
nukes Seattle, bye-bye North Korea, and no tears.
Post by b***@gmail.com
"Run into the round house, Nellie- he can't corner you there!"
~Dudley Doright, RCMP
I love Dudley Doright and Nell. My mother's maiden
name was "Nellie" and she hated it. A well-meaning
minister and his wife called her "Helen" instead, but
that was perhaps even worse since one couldn't
help hearing the "Nellie" in the background. The
four sisters who included my maternal grandmother
were "Briny, Lizzie, Carrie, and May". Only one
of those was a real name, but none of those sisters
seemed to hate their names as much as my mom
hated "Nellie". She named me "Geoffrey" after
"Geoffrey Chaucer", which was a much better
choice IMO.

My current telephone answering machine
message begins with a roar followed by "Hello,
this is Geoffrey of Northumbria. Please leave a
message after the tone, unless you are a
telemarketer in which case I have already
condemned you to Hell for all eternity."
https://tinyurl.com/yckfrgab

When I came to the colonies, I found that a
lot of fuss was made over a house in town
that was built in the 1600's. Pooh, When
I was a kid I could have walked (If I'd been
older) to a castle that was built in the 11th
century.
http://tinyurl.com/ya2ovwvd
The Keep was in ruins, like the rest of the
castle, early in the 20th century, but was
rebuilt for a movie, probably a movie of
"Ivanhoe" I would guess, since it was
Athelstane's castle in that book.

Here are the flags of England (not
Great Britain) and of Russian Georgia.
They're the same except for the
medallions in each quadrant of the
flag of Russian Georgia, since for
some reason Saint George is the
patron saint of both countries:
http://tinyurl.com/ybthw8rj

Here's my favourite painting of Saint
George, by Rogier Van der Weyden.
It's a surprisingly small painting, and is
in the National Gallery at Washington
D.C.:
http://tinyurl.com/yca6qg45

Here's where I was born, in the red
half of the semi-detached:
http://tinyurl.com/ycdxdtpj
In those days we had privet hedges,
instead of stone foundations with
wooden round-topped fence segments,
separating the house from the street
and the neighboring houses, which
was much more attractive IMO. There
also was a path to the front door
instead of a driveway, since nobody
owned a car in those days, also much
more attractive IMV.

After riding a streetcar (the rickety
orange 1929 kind that San Francisco
bought from Milan because they were
"charming" for tourists, which is likely
true though I hate riding them myself
and usually avoid them) home from
the supermarket today, I noted a
couple of people glued to their smart
phones on the streetcar. When I got
home, I mentioned to my son that I
should start calling such people
"zombies", but my son didn't think
that was fair. I'd better be more
careful blurting out whatever I think
to my son, because he thinks I'm
going senile. That may be true but
I don't want to make it so obvious.
http://tinyurl.com/yaf9xp7d

As one can perhaps tell, I'm into
my usual routine of sleeping in the
early evening then staying awake
most of the night.
Emily
2017-10-12 21:48:53 UTC
I love Dudley Doright and Nell. My mother's maiden
name was "Nellie" and she hated it.
I don't care for Nellie but for some reason I've always liked the name
Nell. That's what I named my guitar.
Post by rumpelstiltskin
My current telephone answering machine
message begins with a roar followed by "Hello,
this is Geoffrey of Northumbria. Please leave a
message after the tone, unless you are a
telemarketer in which case I have already
condemned you to Hell for all eternity."
I liked that so much that I copied it and sent it to my husband.
Thunderbird's spell checker wanted to change Northumbria to
Thumbprint.
rumpelstiltskin
2017-10-12 23:20:26 UTC
Post by rumpelstiltskin
My current telephone answering machine
message begins with a roar followed by "Hello,
this is Geoffrey of Northumbria. Please leave a
message after the tone, unless you are a
telemarketer in which case I have already
condemned you to Hell for all eternity."
I liked that so much that I copied it and sent it to my husband.
Thunderbird's spell checker wanted to change Northumbria to
Thumbprint.
I get quite a few hang-ups after just the first
part of the message. It may be the same person
pushing different stuff, who's tired of hearing
that message.

The message is no proof against
robo-telemarketing-calls though, and there are
more and more of those. Usually the first part
of the message isn't recorded on my answering
machine, because the robo-spiel kicks in as
soon as there's an "answer" to the call.

I practiced the roar with which my message
opens until I got it just right. It sounds like
William the Bastard ordering all the peasants
out of the English Midlands so that he could
turn the place into his vast private hunting
reserve. That guy who prevented the peasants
in San Mateo (California) from getting to
Martin's Beach, until he was ordered by the
courts recently to allow coastal access, would
be green with envy over what William did.

I hear that billionaires who live on the
coast in California are nervous about that
order, because quite a few of them have
been blocking coastal access in violation of
California law so that they can have
stretches of beach all to themselves. So
far, none of them have asked me to sign
a petition showing my sympathy for them.

+
Emily
2017-10-13 00:09:13 UTC
I practiced the roar with which my message
opens until I got it just right. It sounds like
William the Bastard ordering all the peasants
out of the English Midlands so that he could
turn the place into his vast private hunting
reserve. That guy who prevented the peasants
in San Mateo (California) from getting to
Martin's Beach, until he was ordered by the
courts recently to allow coastal access, would
be green with envy over what William did.
I hear that billionaires who live on the
coast in California are nervous about that
order, because quite a few of them have
been blocking coastal access in violation of
California law so that they can have
stretches of beach all to themselves. So
far, none of them have asked me to sign
a petition showing my sympathy for them.
I can see that from both sides and to be honest, I think I side with
the homeowners. I imagine those properties cost a hell of a lot of
money and who wants their view blocked by a big Mexican family having
a cook out?

I have asked Jehovah to forgive my attitude, but he hasn't changed it
yet. ;-)
rumpelstiltskin
2017-10-13 00:42:44 UTC
Post by Emily
Post by rumpelstiltskin
[...]
In the case of Martin's Beach, Jehovah finally came around
to the side of the peasant multitudes over the selfish elite,
but it sure took Him long enough to come around - it's been
seven years since anybody but Khosla and his buds could
relax on Martin's Beach, but Khosla didn't even use it much.
He just didn't want anybody else to use it. Jehovah obviously
loves billionaires, but apparently this was too much even for
Him.

See "Martin's Beach Dispute" at the following URL:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinod_Khosla#Martin.27s_Beach_dispute
GLOBALIST
2017-10-11 21:27:57 UTC
Here in St Louis it is damned near winter. I have all my windows closed ,but I am going to have to put on a sweatshirt.
El Castor
2017-10-12 19:44:55 UTC
It's had to believe this is October 11th.
The temperature in Georgia today is 90 degrees. The heat index (real-feel) says it
feels like 98 degrees. And .... it sure does :-)
Smells like smoke in California.