Betsy DeVos plans to slash public education funding, eliminate college loan forgiveness: report
arthur wouk
2017-05-19 05:05:12 UTC
http://www.salon.com/2017/05/18/betsy-devos-plans-to-slash-public-education-funding-eliminate-college-loan-forgiveness-report/

The president plans on significantly reducing education spending
in favor of DeVos' school choice agenda
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
to email me, delete blackhole from my return address
El Castor
2017-05-19 07:08:41 UTC
Post by arthur wouk
http://www.salon.com/2017/05/18/betsy-devos-plans-to-slash-public-education-funding-eliminate-college-loan-forgiveness-report/
The president plans on significantly reducing education spending
in favor of DeVos' school choice agenda
Excellent idea. The cost of a college education rises in unison with
the money available to pay for it. Do we really need more and greater
loans to pay for more of this ....

"California auditor slams UC President’s office over $175 million in
hidden funds"
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/25/california-auditor-slams-uc-presidents-office-over-175-million-in-hidden-funds/

"University of California administration is paying excessive salaries
and mishandling funds, state audit says"
http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-university-of-california-administration-1493137774-htmlstory.html

"College Textbook Prices Have Risen 1,041 Percent Since 1977"
""They've been able to keep raising prices because students are
'captive consumers.' They have to buy whatever books they're
assigned," said Nicole Allen, a spokeswoman for the Scholarly
Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition."
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/freshman-year/college-textbook-prices-have-risen-812-percent-1978-n399926