'Somebody's already been killed' because of Trump dossier, Fusion GPS rep revealed
Donkey Daze
2018-01-10 07:54:39 UTC
An attorney for the co-founder of opposition research firm
Fusion GPS revealed during a closed-door interview this summer
with congressional investigators that “somebody's already been
killed” as a result of the publication of the anti-Trump dossier.

The statement was contained in a 312-page transcript of Fusion
GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson's August interview with committee
investigators, released unilaterally Tuesday by Senate Judiciary
Committee Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.

The release itself provoked controversy, with an aide to Senate
Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, calling it
“confounding” for Feinstein to drop the transcript in the
“middle of an ongoing investigation.”

Among the many revelations in the document, though, is the claim
from Simpson's attorney that someone died because the dossier --
which was commissioned by Fusion GPS -- was publicly released.

“He wants to be very careful to protect his sources,” attorney
Josh Levy said during the Aug. 22 Senate Judiciary Committee
interview of his client. “Somebody's already been killed as a
result of the publication of this dossier and no harm should
come to anybody related to this honest work.”

Levy didn't elaborate on who was killed. The website BuzzFeed
first published the dossier online last January, airing its
unverified allegations about President Trump's connections with
Russia.

The dossier was written by former British MI6 agent Christopher
Steele. Fusion GPS, which hired Steele, got funding from the
Clinton campaign and Democratic National Committee. The findings
eventually made their way to the FBI -- and the bureau's
dealings with Steele are a key focus for congressional
investigators.

During his interview, Simpson described his conversations with
Steele about their decision to turn the dossier details over to
the bureau.

“He thought from his perspective there was an issue -- a
security issue about whether a presidential candidate was being
blackmailed,” Simpson said.

Simpson recalled telling Steele he had to think about whether
they should contact the FBI, saying he wasn’t sure who to give
it to.

“In any event, he said, ‘Don't worry about that, I know the
perfect person, I have a contact there, they'll listen to me,
they know who I am, I'll take care of it,’” Simpson recalled.

Steele also told Simpson the FBI had “an internal Trump campaign
source,” he said.

“They believed Chris's information might be credible because
they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and
one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from
inside the Trump organization,” Simpson said of the FBI.

Simpson, a journalist before forming Fusion GPS, also admitted
in the interview being opposed during the election to Trump
becoming president.

“I think it's safe to say that, you know, at some point probably
early in 2016 I had reached a conclusion about Donald Trump as a
businessman and his character and I was opposed to Donald
Trump,” Simpson said.

Trump has long derided the dossier as inaccurate, and several
GOP-led committees are investigating whether it formed the basis
for the FBI's initial investigation into Russian election
interference.

Feinstein said in a statement she released the transcript to
combat misinformation about the inteview.

“The innuendo and misinformation circulating about the
transcript are part of a deeply troubling effort to undermine
the investigation into potential collusion and obstruction of
justice,” Feinstein said in a statement. “The only way to set
the record straight is to make the transcript public.”

Taylor Foy, a spokesman for Grassley, said Feinstein’s release
“undermines the integrity of the committee’s oversight work and
jeopardizes its ability to secure candid voluntary testimony
relating to the independent recollections of future witnesses.”

“It’s totally confounding that Senator Feinstein would
unilaterally release a transcript of a witness interview in the
middle of an ongoing investigation – a witness that Feinstein
herself subpoenaed last year for lack of cooperation,” Foy said.

Fox News’ Jake Gibson, Cody Derespina and Adam Shaw and The
Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/09/somebodys-already-
been-killed-because-trump-dossier-fusion-gps-rep-revealed.html
Governor Swill
2018-01-11 20:45:41 UTC
(newsgroups restored)
Post by Donkey Daze
Fox News’ Jake Gibson, Cody Derespina and Adam Shaw and The
Associated Press contributed to this report.
You misspelled "Fake News'"
Post by Donkey Daze
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/09/somebodys-already-
been-killed-because-trump-dossier-fusion-gps-rep-revealed.html
Fucken Feinstein. Up to her usual tricks as always. Caliphonia's two female Senators set the state back fifty years just so all the silly women in the place can pretend they "can do anything just as good as a man." And since they put all the best men out to pasture in their twenties, the state has gone to hell in a hand basket. Worst move ever was giving women the vote. A few of them are half-sensible. The rest are out of their minds.
It's Grassley's fault. He decided some time back that the GOP and
Dems should each run their own investigations. By doing that, he gave
up control of the Dems conduct of their end.

Too bad you guys are so bad at holding your own accountable.

Swill
--
How do you propose we pay for Trumps trillion
dollar border wall and Trumps trillion dollar

With a trillion dollar tax cut? - Swill