It's 1968 All Over Again
2017-10-12 12:19:29 UTC
It's 1968 All Over Again

Almost a half-century ago, in 1968, the United States seemed to be falling apart.

The Vietnam War, a bitter and close presidential election, antiwar protests, racial riots,
political assassinations, terrorism and a recession looming on the horizon left the
country divided between a loud radical minority and a silent conservative majority.

The United States avoided a civil war. But America suffered a collective psychological
depression, civil unrest, defeat in Vietnam and assorted disasters for the next decade --
until the election of a once-polarizing Ronald Reagan ushered in five consecutive
presidential terms of relative bipartisan calm and prosperity from 1981 to 2001.

It appears as if 2017 might be another 1968. Recent traumatic hurricanes seem to reflect
the country's human turmoil.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/10/12/its_1968_all_over_again_135238.html
GLOBALIST
2017-10-12 12:45:05 UTC
[...]
I don't really know about the demographics, but I think that seniors are a
majority now and not really into protesting
But you have to presume that the fake news only reports
the turmoil "as nationwide".
I presume there are a ton of young adults who are responsible,
just want to go to work and make money and are not
even interested in over-throwing "the system"
Do you think the college students in Nebraska, Kansas or
South Dakota are out to burn down their state capitals?
NOT.
How many of them show up for job interviews with
pierced eyebrows, tattoos across their entire face
and living in their mom's garage?
Jack Fate
2017-10-12 12:59:07 UTC
[...]
VP Pence is a senior and his protest at the football game cost taxpayers
475,000, The footballer's protest didn't cost you one thin dime.
Post by GLOBALIST
But you have to presume that the fake news only reports
the turmoil "as nationwide".
That's what Hitler said.
Post a photo of yourself so we can compare.
Gary
2017-10-12 13:05:36 UTC
[...]
I wonder how much it cost the taxpayers every time the Obamas took a trip to the
watermelon patch ? (at night, so the gobblins wouldn't get 'em) But none of the
liberals whined about that.
Jack Fate
2017-10-12 13:13:10 UTC
[...]
He did not go out of his way to the tune of 75 grand EVER, your blatant
and quite stupid racism notwithstanding.
Gary
2017-10-12 13:27:57 UTC
[...]
75 grand ? He probably transferred that much from the White House budget to his
personal checking account --- every week. You know how ambition those highly
intelligent jungle people are.
Jack Fate
Got proof other than your piss poor excuse for a brain?
Tzatz Ziki
2017-10-13 18:02:08 UTC
Got
2017-10-17 22:27:36 UTC
He
2017-10-19 05:43:20 UTC
Post

2017-10-17 22:29:46 UTC
I don't really know about the demographics, but I think that seniors are a
majority now
Yep, as usual, dumbfuck, you don't know jack shit, and you're too much
of a stupid dumbfuck to DYOFR.

Seniors are not a majority now, dumbfuck. There are more than ever
before, but they're a big plurality. Do you need someone to explain
what "plurality" means, dumbfuck?

Why do your lips keep flapping all fucking day long, dumbfuck?