Signs Of Distress
2017-08-12 14:53:36 UTC
Signs Of Distress

In ways conscious and subconscious, we're becoming aware of the signs of growing instability around us. Like a flock of sheep catching the scent of an unseen predator, right now we’re collectively becoming increasingly nervous and stressed. People’s tempers are short with each other, criticisms fly easily, and stances are becoming hardened to ludicrous levels.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-12/signs-distress
mg
2017-08-12 17:46:52 UTC
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 07:53:36 -0700 (PDT), me
Post by me
Signs Of Distress
In ways conscious and subconscious, we're becoming aware of the signs of growing instability around us. Like a flock of sheep catching the scent of an unseen predator, right now we’re collectively becoming increasingly nervous and stressed. People’s tempers are short with each other, criticisms fly easily, and stances are becoming hardened to ludicrous levels.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-12/signs-distress
When it comes to politicians:

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes
of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a
corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a
corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn
down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

-- Matthew 7:16-20
rumpelstiltskin
2017-08-12 18:35:11 UTC
Post by me
Signs Of Distress
In ways conscious and subconscious, we're becoming aware of the signs of growing instability around us. Like a flock of sheep catching the scent of an unseen predator, right now we’re collectively becoming increasingly nervous and stressed. People’s tempers are short with each other, criticisms fly easily, and stances are becoming hardened to ludicrous levels.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-12/signs-distress
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes
of thorns, or figs of thistles?
The first sentence of that particular "verse" is
my favourite one to point to about Christianity,
particularly with regard to its "justification" for
anti-gay actions which have their roots of course
in non-religious hostility toward "the other", but
which Christianity did (and still does, in many
places) nothing to mitigate but actually amplified
and amplifies.

Death to Christianity. That's not murder,
because Christianity is just a "thing".
-- Matthew 7:16-20
mg
2017-08-12 19:25:39 UTC
Post by me
[...]
As I recently said in another post, "all generalizations are
wrong including this one". Then to add another layer of
complication, Bible passages (like the Constitution) can be
interpreted in a lot different ways.

Generalizations are like propaganda, or I suppose one could
say they are propaganda. People hear what they want to hear
and believe what they want to believe and interpret
generalizations the way that they want to interpret them.
-- Matthew 7:16-20
rumpelstiltskin
2017-08-12 20:28:37 UTC
Post by me
[...]
If people-A do what other people-B see as "evil" because
of their beliefs though, people-B should speak out against
them. Who's right can only be decided by consensus, and
whether consensus is "right" is often, even usually,
time-dependent, as in the murder of Jews and infidels by
Torquemada, or of indigenous North American populations
by European Christians.
-- Matthew 7:16-20
mg
2017-08-12 20:47:30 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Yes, indeed. Absolutely. What is considered right and wrong
is very time dependent and very situation dependent, also.
What is considered right and wrong can be completely
reversed in just one person's lifetime. Modern humans
appeared several hundred thousand years ago and we still
don't have very much agreement on what is right and what is
wrong. That obviously doesn't speak well for our species.
-- Matthew 7:16-20
rumpelstiltskin
2017-08-12 22:38:50 UTC
<snip>
If people-A do what other people-B see as "evil" because
of their beliefs though, people-B should speak out against
them. Who's right can only be decided by consensus, and
whether consensus is "right" is often, even usually,
time-dependent, as in the murder of Jews and infidels by
Torquemada, or of indigenous North American populations
by European Christians.
Yes, indeed. Absolutely. What is considered right and wrong
is very time dependent and very situation dependent, also.
What is considered right and wrong can be completely
reversed in just one person's lifetime.
That's very much the case with the laws against
homosexuality that are finally being overturned by
"enlightenment" in my lifetime. It took too long and
destroyed my early life. The forces of religion aka
bigotry involved are all too obvious. That's a big
part, maybe the major part, of why I have no
respect for the human race. We're just animals,
still stuck in the mud. Actually I like animals
better because they don't reason and therefore
they don't reason falsely and cruelly.
Post by mg
Modern humans
appeared several hundred thousand years ago and we still
don't have very much agreement on what is right and what is
wrong. That obviously doesn't speak well for our species.
Yep.
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a
corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
The bible speaks against itself so often.
-- Matthew 7:16-20
Gary
2017-08-12 20:03:13 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Sounds like the bible says some people will be judged -- and punished for their
sins. After preaching all that -- some preachers will then tell the
congregation that if they will come down front and "be saved" -- all their sins
will be forgiven.
GLOBALIST
2017-08-12 20:08:59 UTC
Post by me
[...]
I am impressed. Thanks for the reminders.
I remind myself of that when folks attack
the Amish, the Mormons whatever the
target of the day is. But I remind myself
"by their fruits you will know them". And
I don't try to figure out their theology.
If they are doing good work more power to
them. The Minimites swarm into disaster
areas and start literally rebuilding homes for
the victims.
mg
2017-08-12 19:52:23 UTC
Post by me
Signs Of Distress
In ways conscious and subconscious, we're becoming aware of the signs of growing instability around us. Like a flock of sheep catching the scent of an unseen predator, right now we’re collectively becoming increasingly nervous and stressed. People’s tempers are short with each other, criticisms fly easily, and stances are becoming hardened to ludicrous levels.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-12/signs-distress
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls.

The basic problem is that the one on the left is on the
right.