Small business optimism surges to highest level ever
2018-09-11 18:51:12 UTC
"U.S. Small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax
cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the
Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment,
according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent
Business.
The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index jumped to 108.8 last month, the
highest level ever recorded in the survey's 45-year history and above
the previous record of 108 in 1983, set during the second year of
Ronald Reagan's presidency. The August figure was up from a 107.9
reading in July."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/small-business-optimism-surges-to-highest-ever.html

A neighbor is a partner in a kitchen remodeling business. His business
is booming.
islander
2018-09-11 19:07:56 UTC
On 9/11/2018 11:51 AM, El Castor wrote:
> "U.S. Small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax
> cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the
> Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment,
> according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent
> Business.
> The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index jumped to 108.8 last month, the
> highest level ever recorded in the survey's 45-year history and above
> the previous record of 108 in 1983, set during the second year of
> Ronald Reagan's presidency. The August figure was up from a 107.9
> reading in July."
> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/small-business-optimism-surges-to-highest-ever.html
>
> A neighbor is a partner in a kitchen remodeling business. His business
> is booming.

This has been the second longest economic recovery in US history,
surpassed only by the 1991-2001 boom. You have to admit that Trump had
little to do with it. It is likely to continue through July 2019 unless
Trump continues with his unstabilizing tampering with tariffs or other
manufactured crises. The best thing that can happen is election of a
Democratic Congress which can emasculate Trump.
El Castor
2018-09-11 21:19:43 UTC
On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:07:56 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:

>On 9/11/2018 11:51 AM, El Castor wrote:
>> "U.S. Small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax
>> cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the
>> Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment,
>> according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent
>> Business.
>> The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index jumped to 108.8 last month, the
>> highest level ever recorded in the survey's 45-year history and above
>> the previous record of 108 in 1983, set during the second year of
>> Ronald Reagan's presidency. The August figure was up from a 107.9
>> reading in July."
>> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/small-business-optimism-surges-to-highest-ever.html
>>
>> A neighbor is a partner in a kitchen remodeling business. His business
>> is booming.
>>
>This has been the second longest economic recovery in US history,
>surpassed only by the 1991-2001 boom. You have to admit

NO I DO NOT!

>that Trump had
>little to do with it. It is likely to continue through July 2019 unless
>Trump continues with his unstabilizing tampering with tariffs or other
>manufactured crises. The best thing that can happen is election of a
>Democratic Congress which can emasculate Trump.

You and I obviously inhabit different universes.

By the way ...
"The black unemployment rate fell to 5.9% in May — the lowest since
the government started keeping track in 1972."
https://money.cnn.com/2018/06/01/news/economy/black-unemployment-rate-record-low/index.html
islander
2018-09-11 22:10:10 UTC
On 9/11/2018 2:19 PM, El Castor wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:07:56 -0700, islander <***@priracy.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/11/2018 11:51 AM, El Castor wrote:
>>> "U.S. Small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax
>>> cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the
>>> Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment,
>>> according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent
>>> Business.
>>> The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index jumped to 108.8 last month, the
>>> highest level ever recorded in the survey's 45-year history and above
>>> the previous record of 108 in 1983, set during the second year of
>>> Ronald Reagan's presidency. The August figure was up from a 107.9
>>> reading in July."
>>> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/small-business-optimism-surges-to-highest-ever.html
>>>
>>> A neighbor is a partner in a kitchen remodeling business. His business
>>> is booming.
>>>
>> This has been the second longest economic recovery in US history,
>> surpassed only by the 1991-2001 boom. You have to admit
>
> NO I DO NOT!

Of course you don't have to. But, perhaps you can tell me what Trump
did to maintain economic growth from 2010 through 2016.

me
2018-09-11 23:19:52 UTC
What did Obama do? The Fed does it all.

Without fiat money feeding the system no administration would see positive economic numbers. But all that comes at a cost.

Extremes of financialization lead to extremes of wealth which lead to extremes of class disparity which lead to extremes of political polarization which lead to destabilization and collapse.
http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2018/09/how-things-fall-apart-extremes-arent.html
Josh Rosenbluth
2018-09-12 01:34:44 UTC
On 9/11/2018 3:10 PM, islander wrote:
> On 9/11/2018 2:19 PM, El Castor wrote:

>>> This has been the second longest economic recovery in US history,
>>> surpassed only by the 1991-2001 boom.  You have to admit
>>
>> NO I DO NOT!
>
> Of course you don't have to.  But, perhaps you can tell me what Trump
> did to maintain economic growth from 2010 through 2016.

It never matters what the President did or did not do. He gets the
credit when things are going well and the blame when they don't. This
is now the Trump economy and it is doing better than what we saw in
2010-2016.

However, those who put their stock in Trump because of good times now
may regret it if the business cycle comes calling with a downturn in
2019 or 2020. Also, Trump's popularity is pretty low for a President
residing over peace and prosperity.
GLOBALIST
2018-09-11 20:13:10 UTC
On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:51:17 PM UTC-5, El Castor wrote:
> "U.S. Small business optimism surged to a record in August as the tax
> cuts and deregulation efforts of President Donald Trump and the
> Republican-led Congress led to more sales, hiring and investment,
> according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent
> Business.
> The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index jumped to 108.8 last month, the
> highest level ever recorded in the survey's 45-year history and above
> the previous record of 108 in 1983, set during the second year of
> Ronald Reagan's presidency. The August figure was up from a 107.9
> reading in July."
> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/11/small-business-optimism-surges-to-highest-ever.html
>
> A neighbor is a partner in a kitchen remodeling business. His business
> is booming.

And just recently Pres Trump arranged for small companies to ban together to create "retirement" programs. But, once again, Democrats can't imagine
having a president who knows business