The Intellectual Poverty Of The New Libertarians - Mankind's Bloodsuckers
Add Reply
Ben Bob
2018-09-13 02:30:32 UTC
The Comedy of Libertarian Hypocrisy
By Dan Agin

One of the great jokes of modern America is so-called
“libertarianism” — an ill-defined “ism” with a multitude of
meanings in a spectrum of attitudes about government intrusion.

At one extreme, the libertarian is a total anarchist, a
believer in no government at all, and a hundred years ago a
terrorist and bomb-thrower convinced that the road to
libertarian dystopia demanded destroying civilization.

At the other extreme, the so-called “libertarian” is a
proto-fascist conservative who uses libertarian buzzwords to
achieve a political agenda that would actually involve more
government intrusion and not less government intrusion —
intrusion to foster business and protect wealth at the expense
of the unwealthy.

The underlying joke across the entire spectrum of political
libertarian attitudes is an underlying hypocrisy illustrated by
the following:

Consider a “libertarian” named Self Reliant. Mr. Reliant,
fifty-five years old, suffers a sudden heart attack. He calls
911, and when the paramedics arrive he directs them to the best
hospital in town, which happens to be the university hospital
attached to a state university. Mr. Reliant is rushed to this
hospital and receives treatment in the emergency room that
essentially saves his life.

Mr. Reliant’s comical hypocrisy is that nearly every step along
the way he’s acting in contradiction to his loudly broadcast
principles.

1) Dialing 911 and asking for paramedics is asking for help
from local government.

2) Directing the ambulance to a local state university hospital
emergency room is asking for help from the state in which he
lives.

3) Once inside that hospital, accepting emergency treatment is
accepting help from the federal government, since it’s the
federal government that funds nearly all the research and
development in cardiac infarction emergency care.

At every step along the way, Mr. Reliant has asked for help
from the very local, state, and federal institutions that he
claims are intrusions in his “self-reliant” life and that he
would like to see disappear.

It’s a comedy of hypocrisy. Were Mr. Reliant a true
libertarian, he would treat his heart attack himself (and most
likely die), or at the least, when the paramedics arrive, he
would direct the ambulance into the woods to die among the
trees. (Actually, the woods may be off-limits also, since they
may be maintained by a local, state, or federal forestry
service.)

Like many comedies, this comedy has a tragic side if you flip
the coin. The tragedy is that too many Americans are currently
behaving like imbeciles in their adoration of absolute and
total individual freedom when the reality of our time is that
such freedom is incompatible with individual survival.

The libertarian ambulance always rushes to a government funded
emergency room.

Our current “libertarians” don’t die. They just shout that
other people should die.
Rudy Canoza
2018-09-13 02:38:41 UTC
[followups vandalism by mackerel-reeking cunt repaired]

On 9/12/2018 7:30 PM, Ben Bob wrote:
> The Comedy of Libertarian Hypocrisy
> By Dan Agin
>
> One of the great jokes of modern America is so-called
> “libertarianism” — an ill-defined “ism” with a multitude of
> meanings in a spectrum of attitudes about government intrusion.

It isn't ill-defined at all. It is the only consistent and ethically
principled political philosophy.
Your Friendly Neighbourhood Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛
2018-09-13 03:52:53 UTC
On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 02:30:32 +0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD; "Ben Bob
<grovel-to-***@nra.ru>" determined that the following was of great
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in
<***@178.63.61.175>:

> [...]
>
>It�s a comedy of hypocrisy. Were Mr. Reliant a true libertarian, he
>would treat his heart attack himself (and most likely die), or at the
>least, when the paramedics arrive, he would direct the ambulance into
>the woods to die among the trees. (Actually, the woods may be
>off-limits also, since they may be maintained by a local, state, or
>federal forestry service.)
>
>Like many comedies, this comedy has a tragic side if you flip the coin.
>The tragedy is that too many Americans are currently behaving like
>imbeciles in their adoration of absolute and total individual freedom
>when the reality of our time is that such freedom is incompatible with
>individual survival.
>
>The libertarian ambulance always rushes to a government funded emergency
>room.
>
>Our current �libertarians� don�t die. They just shout that other people

the lady keeps using checkmate's driveway, though.

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this
seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer,
and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an
end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell
everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized
country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become
like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously
unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic
terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie
terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what
they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by
keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <***@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <***@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007
2018-09-13 05:21:04 UTC
The politically relevant fact of the matter is - Plunder is more popular than liberty.
http://www.endit.info/Reality.shtml

There is no libertarian government. But there are growing numbers of bankrupt governments.
See
http://www.endit.info/Costs.shtml
http://www.endit.info/NationalProblems.shtml

Actual poverty is on its way. Triage is our future. That’s what happens when you run out of other people’s money.