The Real Reason Catalonia Wants Independence
2017-10-05 19:03:59 UTC
Jordi Pujol and his friends who are being investigated for corruption
would not be investigated if Catalonia become independent. It's that
simple. The rest is smoke screen.
Tzatz Ziki
2017-10-12 00:27:49 UTC
Jor
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-12 07:25:10 UTC
A shocking suggestion. I assume that Catalonia would depend on separate membership in the EU, and I wonder if they've considered what their position would be if the EU disintegrated. I like Barcelona, but I like Madrid better.

Eugene FitzAubrey
El Castor
2017-10-12 18:49:12 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
A shocking suggestion. I assume that Catalonia would depend on separate membership in the EU, and I wonder if they've considered what their position would be if the EU disintegrated. I like Barcelona, but I like Madrid better.
Eugene FitzAubrey
While employed by the US Navy I lived, for a couple of years, in
southern Spain in a little town called Puerto de Santa Maria. I loved
Spain, but for me, the area around Madrid -- and south -- was where it
was at. Barcelona was too busy and modern. From my limited
perspective, going back to the civil war and before, Spain has always
been divided along north/south lines, with the northwest reserved for
the Basques. I can see why Barcelona doesn't feel connected.