I am emotionally exhausted watching the entire Pres Bush funeral live on BBC
Add Reply
CLOISTER
2018-12-05 18:36:33 UTC
Funerals do nothing for the dead...they are for the families and friends.
A communal mourning
The Episcopalians know how to do ritual and are a shining
example of our European/Christian heritage. This was right up
their with a royal wedding or funeral.
The NAVY HYMN was fantastic Never say 'church vs state' when you
see this Navy choir and orchestra. The minister, who gave the sermon,
was fantastic.
This one event should have helped the entire nation lay down
their arms and take time out for what I would call a 'retreat'
All the former Presidents were calm, cool and collected. I think I saw
Al Gore behind the Carters. I am glad the Carters could be there. They are
very sincere Christians. President Trump was stoic. (regardless- no matter if he smiled or cried the news media would rip into him.)
I liked the mention of James Baker rubbing Bush's feet as Bush was dying and how the minister mentioned Christ washed the feet of his disciples
the night before he died. I often did that when standing at the foot of
a patient's bed.
Families can be deeply divided at funerals over petty shit.
Washington D.C. at a moment of solemnity and prayer. REMEMBER
MAN THAT THOUGH ARE DUST AND DUST YOU SHALL RETURN. Nobody
is important enough to not face their own partying.
You deniers must think that huge cathedral, full of Christians,
are fools for thinking this is just a transition and not an end.
You know better. You are rational and scientific and not like those
thousands of fools in that cathedral.
Gary
2018-12-05 20:19:38 UTC
Post by CLOISTER
[...]
I watched most of the funeral today. The Bush family --- like most rich people ---
can really send their loved ones off in style. It was quite a beautiful show.