Proposed 'woke' Navy oath shows just how deeply left-wing nonsense has penetrated our institutions
2021-02-21 16:36:29 UTC
By Newt Gingrich
Published 58 mins ago

The recent revelation that a senior Navy task force is proposing an
oath to be taken by every member of the Navy was a warning of how deep
woke-think has penetrated American institutions – even the Defense
Department.

Consider this pledge proposed by Task Force Navy One, which was formed
in June to develop strategies to combat discrimination in the Navy:

"I pledge to advocate for and acknowledge all lived experiences and
intersectional identities of every sailor in the Navy. I pledge to
engage in ongoing self-reflection, education and knowledge sharing to
better myself and my communities. I pledge to be an example in
establishing healthy, inclusive and team-oriented environments. I
pledge to constructively share all experiences and information gained
from activities above to inform the development of Navy-wide reforms."

Reread this pledge and think of the young men and women who will be
asked to commit to it.

First, how many new recruits will have any idea what this
"intersectionality" they have pledged to advocate for and acknowledge
actually is?

As wikia.org defines it:

"Intersectionality is a concept often used in critical theories to
describe the ways in which oppressive institutions (racism, sexism,
homophobia, transphobia, ableism, xenophobia, classism, etc.) are
interconnected and cannot be examined separately from one another."

The website goes on to say it is "largely used in critical theories,
especially Feminist theory, when discussing systematic oppression."

It is profoundly wrong to have our young men and women in uniform take
a pledge like this.

Since most of the sailors will not know what "intersectionality" is,
they will be instructed by woke professionals who make a living
teaching wokeness in government, corporations and educational systems.
There is now an entire industry of woke instructors and woke experts
who make pretty good livings putting on mandatory woke lessons – where
people are trapped by the power structure and forced to learn left-wing
nonsense as a condition of keeping their jobs.

Continued:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/woke-american-military-danger-us-newt-gingrich
El Castor
2021-02-21 18:23:16 UTC
Post by Johnny
[...]
The military is constantly campaigning for funding. I suspect that is
what this "woke" oath is all about -- pandering to a Biden
administration, the holder of the purse strings. During the Vietnam
war, while the US military was complaining of a bomb shortage, the
carrier I served on was steaming off of Hawaii, state rooms filled
with TV personalities and politicians, putting on an "air show",
dropping scarce bombs on an empty sea.