Oprah Is Islander's New Neighbor!
2018-06-11 06:32:03 UTC
"You've Got to See Oprah's New $8M Island Retreat in Washington to
Believe It"
"Media titan Oprah Winfrey has reportedly added a luxury island
retreat off the coast of Washington state to her ever-expanding real
estate portfolio. And it's spectacular.
Winfrey reportedly closed on a 43-acre estate on the Orcas Island,
part of the San Juan Islands archipelago between Seattle and
Vancouver, on May 31, according to Variety."
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/oprahs-new-8-million-island-retreat-washington-state/
me
2018-06-11 09:23:21 UTC
I understand Islander’s home is located in a state that has no income tax and where the Gini Coefficient is either the highest in the country or close to it. He is a fraud.
Gary
2018-06-11 12:32:05 UTC
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 23:32:03 -0700, El Castor
Post by El Castor
"You've Got to See Oprah's New $8M Island Retreat in Washington to
Believe It"
"Media titan Oprah Winfrey has reportedly added a luxury island
retreat off the coast of Washington state to her ever-expanding real
estate portfolio. And it's spectacular.
Winfrey reportedly closed on a 43-acre estate on the Orcas Island,
part of the San Juan Islands archipelago between Seattle and
Vancouver, on May 31, according to Variety."
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/oprahs-new-8-million-island-retreat-washington-state/
It is such a shame. I think Islander left the Deep South many years
ago to get away from the likes of Harpo .. er ... I mean Oprah. Now
his neighborhood is being integrated. I wonder how much value his
property will lose ?

Seriously, I can't understnad how she was able to make enough money
to live outside a trailer park. What do people see in her ?
islander
2018-06-11 14:09:09 UTC
"You've Got to See Oprah's New $8M Island Retreat in Washington to
Believe It"
"Media titan Oprah Winfrey has reportedly added a luxury island
retreat off the coast of Washington state to her ever-expanding real
estate portfolio. And it's spectacular.
Winfrey reportedly closed on a 43-acre estate on the Orcas Island,
part of the San Juan Islands archipelago between Seattle and
Vancouver, on May 31, according to Variety."
https://www.realtor.com/news/celebrity-real-estate/oprahs-new-8-million-island-retreat-washington-state/
Yes, lots of rumors circulating. Word is that she also bought part of
downtown Eastsound, our little community, for her trainer. As to the
purchase of Madroneagle, it is true. I know the realtor who handled the
deal locally. Wally Gudgel specializes in high end real estate.
https://www.islandsweekly.com/news/the-truth-about-oprah-winfreys-reported-land-purchase-on-orcas-interview-with-the-realtor/

Madroneagle is one of several estates that were built in the enthusiasm
of the housing market in 2007. I don't know if it has been occupied
since then. It was listed for $10M, so Oprah got a deal! But, it is in
a beautiful location, on the east slope of a ridge just south of Mt.
Entrance, overlooking East Sound not far from Olga. But, it is a long
drive from Olga, accessible only through Rosario and a long drive (~3
mi) down the coast. Very private! Google 512 Catspaw Ln, Olga, WA in
Google Maps.
El Castor
2018-06-11 22:30:33 UTC
[...]
I've always loved Orcas. Truly the gem of Puget Sound. Oprah made a
good choice.
islander
2018-06-12 00:02:48 UTC
[...]
Turns out that the property was originally listed for $17M when it was
first built. Then the financial crisis and the Great Recession hit and
the real estate market tanked. We are now seeing a sharp uptick in
prices. A good time to sell! We got a good price for our rental
property, a cash offer. Closing is this Friday. A relief because I
hated being a landlord.