Florida mom holds suspected intruder at gunpoint for 26 minutes
Democrat Logic
2020-07-31 05:01:07 UTC
"Suspected"? The trespassing intruder was on her property and
in her garage and he is "suspected"?

A Florida mother held a suspected intruder at gunpoint for 26
minutes last month while waiting for police to arrive, according
to reports.

Lauren Richards, 25, first called 911 just after midnight May 25
and told them someone unfamiliar was outside her Tampa Bay area
home, WFLA reported. After calling police, she noticed her
garage door, which she usually keeps open, was shut. She opened
the door. “He is about 8 feet from me approximately," she told
WFLA.

"I have a gun pointed and I need the police to show up
immediately," she told 911 in a second call. "I called 10
minutes ago and nobody has shown up."

She reportedly had to hold the gun on the intruder for another
13 minutes before police arrived just after 1 a.m. Another
neighbor assisted Richards in holding the suspected intruder at
gunpoint after she called him.

"She's got little kids. We held him at gunpoint until the cops
showed up,” he said. "Had she not had a gun and been ready to
protect herself or call the neighbors, she might [not] be
standing here cause who knows what would happen.”

The suspect, Devin Cooke, 25, underwent a mental evaluation and
is expected to face felony burglary charges. He is reportedly a
neighbor. A Pasco County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson said they
always try to respond as quickly as possible, according to WFLA.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-woman-holds-suspected-
intruder-at-gunpoint-for-26-minutes

Just Wondering
2020-07-31 05:19:58 UTC
Post by Democrat Logic
[...]
She should have told the dispatcher that she shot and killed the
intruder. The police would have been there in under five minutes.