Once again, too late...
2020-06-26 14:19:29 UTC
With COVID-19 infections now surging in 29 states and ICUs at capacity
in many cities, Republican governors are acting to try to recover from
opening their businesses too soon. Unfortunately, the damage is done
and simply asking their residents to wear masks is not going to stop the
exponential growth of infections. I think that we are probably heading
for a lock down. This is what happens when politics ignores the
warnings from science.
b***@gmail.com
2020-06-26 14:48:18 UTC
I trust the market to predict the future. Amazon stock for example has gained over 50% since March 12.
islander
2020-06-26 19:06:52 UTC
So, did you buy Amazon stock on Mar 12?
b***@gmail.com
2020-06-27 18:33:08 UTC
No, I didn't buy it on march 12, I bought it about 3 years ago for 1000 and it is currently 2600. But I only have one share.
me
2020-06-26 16:28:23 UTC
Did science or politics drive government policy? Was judgement good or not? Did results conform to the Public Interest? Whose Public Interest was served? Was central planning and control beneficial? Hindsight indicates the cure was worse than the disease. http://www.endit.info/Pandemic.shtml
islander
2020-06-26 19:09:35 UTC
Did science or politics drive government policy? Was judgement good or not? Did results conform to the Public Interest? Whose Public Interest was served? Was central planning and control beneficial? Hindsight indicates the cure was worse than the disease. http://www.endit.info/Pandemic.shtml
Ask the 125K who died.

Seriously, you cannot support politicians who screw up the country and
then claim that public interest is not served by central planning and
control.
me
2020-06-27 14:32:06 UTC
NY central planned itself into disaster. http://www.endit.info/Pandemic.shtml
The country has legislated itself into calamity. http://www.endit.info/MoreOnCracks.shtml
This tragedy spreads, as did the virus, from Dem gov shit holes like Minneapolis. http://www.endit.info/UrbanCommons.shtml
Yet Dems want to pack Congress with more Dem voting shit holes: DC & PR.
John Wesley Harding
2020-06-27 14:43:20 UTC
NY central planned itself into disaster. http://www.endit.info/Pandemic.shtml
The country has legislated itself into calamity. http://www.endit.info/MoreOnCracks.shtml
This tragedy spreads, as did the virus, from Dem gov shit holes like Minneapolis. http://www.endit.info/UrbanCommons.shtml
Yet Dems want to pack Congress with more Dem voting shit holes: DC & PR.
People like you are walking shit holes.

‘Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?’

THE SERIOUS ANSWER: Here’s what the majority of anti-Trump voters
honestly feel about Trump supporters en masse:

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on
scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."
(https://www.usatoday.com/…/trump-university-sett…/502387002/)
That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff
his creditors, you said, "Okay."
(https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-hotel-paid-millions-in-…)
That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual
abuse, you said, "No problem."
(https://abcnews.go.com/…/list-trumps-accusers-allega…/story…)
That when he made up stories about seeing Muslim-Americans in the
thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said,
"Not an issue."
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/donald-trumps-outrageous-…/)
That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and
you wouldn't care, you exclaimed, "He sure knows me."
(https://www.usatoday.com/…/president-donald-tru…/4073405002/)
That when you heard him relating a story of an elderly guest of his
country club, an 80-year old man, who fell off a stage and hit his head,
to Trump replied: “‘Oh my God, that’s disgusting,’ and I turned away. I
couldn’t—you know, he was right in front of me, and I turned away. I
didn’t want to touch him. He was bleeding all over the place. And I felt
terrible, because it was a beautiful white marble floor, and now it had
changed color. Became very red.” You said, "That's cool!"
(https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-howard-stern-story)
That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest
thing you ever saw.
(https://www.nbcnews.com/…/donald-trump-criticized-after-he-…)
That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said,
"Well, who has time?"
(https://www.theatlantic.com/…/americas-first-post-t…/549794/)
That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men
convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they
should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."
(https://www.usatoday.com/…/what-trump-has-said-…/1501321001/)
That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and
that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"
(https://www.latimes.com/…/la-na-trump-campaign-protests-201…)
That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before
throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"
(https://www.independent.co.uk/…/donald-trump-orders-protest…)
That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists
with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis,
and you have said, "Thumbs up!"
(https://www.theatlantic.com/…/why-cant-trump-just-c…/567320/)
That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without
insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral
win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."
(https://www.huffpost.com/…/trump-insult-foreign-countries-l…)
That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government
in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the
industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a
genius!" (https://www.politico.com/…/138-trump-policy-changes-2017-00…)
That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part
by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging
the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have
said, "That's smart!"
(https://www.usnews.com/…/how-is-donald-trump-profiting-from…)
That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico
because it was in the middle of water and you have said, "That makes
sense." (https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/the-very-big-ocean-betwee…/)
That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to
New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the
dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"
(https://www.cnn.com/…/donald-trump-dictators-kim…/index.html)
That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages,
managed to lose track of 1500 kids, has opened a tent city incarceration
camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” -
and you say, “Well, OK then.”
(https://www.nbcnews.com/…/more-5-400-children-split-border-…)
That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of
corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and
contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up
grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody
who says otherwise.
(https://www.americanprogress.org/…/confronting-cost-trumps…/)

What you don't get, Trump supporters, is that our succumbing to
frustration and shaking our heads, thinking of you as stupid, may very
well be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and
most of them are less flattering.