Black Detroit EMT fired after refusing to help baby, 8-month-old girl died next morning at hospital.
Add Reply
A Monument To Democrat Social Success
2021-06-03 23:56:33 UTC
Ann Marie Thomas

http://bit.ly/1dEKF2n

DETROIT -
The Detroit fire commissioner has fired an EMT who refused to
help a baby when she was just minutes away from the home.

Commissioner Edsel Jenkins said Ann Marie Thomas's employment
with the Detroit Fire Department has been terminated.

"Today, we conducted an appeals hearing, which Ms. Thomas
requested. After reviewing all of the facts of this incident, I
have determined that the appropriate course of action is to
terminate Ms. Thomas' employment with the Detroit Fire
Department effective immediately," said Jenkins in a statement
released Wednesday.

What happened:

A frantic supervisor ordered the veteran medic to get to the
house where a baby was not breathing and her mother was calling
for help. Thomas was just around the corner on her pervious run
a few streets east. She refused to respond to the scene.

The 8-month-old baby was exactly 9 tenths of a mile away -- a
two minute drive at normal speeds -- but Thomas took six minutes
and then shocked dispatchers by telling them "33 is in position
on Pembroke around the corner from the scene."

"33, I’m going to need you to make that scene," said the Detroit
Fire EMS supervisor. "You’re going to have to make patient
contact."

Thomas parked her unit on a corner a street away from the baby.
She and her partner were in a SUV outfitted to be just like an
ambulance to help medics get to people faster. But in this case,
Thomas refused to go to the house.

Click here to view the internal report of this incident.

911: "Uh, Romeo 33? Updated information that the child is not
breathing. The baby was hooked up to an oxygen machine because
it was premature. Romeo 33?"

Even with that information, Thomas and her partner didn't move.

911: "Romeo 33, Medic 51, be advised CPR is being performed on
your scene. Romeo 33, Medic 51. CPR is being performed by the
baby's mother."

'I'm not about to be on no scene 10 minutes doing CPR'

Two internal investigations were done. The report reads that
Thomas told her boss, "I'm not about to be on no scene 10
minutes doing CPR, you know how these families get."

An ambulance eventually got the baby to a hospital. She was
revived but died the next morning.

"EMT Thomas was immediately removed from duty following this
incident," said Commissioner Jenkins. "She has since filed an
appeal. As executive fire commissioner, I have the ability to
make the ultimate determination."

Jenkins announced the firing on Wednesday.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/emt-refuses-to-rescue-baby-
dies/33741914

CheckBox
2021-06-04 04:10:40 UTC
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 01:56:33 +0200 (CEST), "A Monument To Democrat
Post by A Monument To Democrat Social Success
Ann Marie Thomas
http://bit.ly/1dEKF2n
DETROIT -
The Detroit fire commissioner has fired an EMT who refused to
help a baby when she was just minutes away from the home.
The State doesn't have its employees backs
anymore, so why does it still expect the cops
or anyone else to jump ? If the baby had still
died the State would have happily persecuted
the EMT.

Loyalty is earned - and few State/Local governments
still earn it from their primary responders. Wokeism
and rampant butt-covering is destroying The System
from within. Outright fascism will soon sound very
attractive to many.