BREAKING: House Oversight Committee Calls For Special Counsel To Investigate Crimes At Obama's DOJ
2018-03-12 14:12:50 UTC
Is Trey Gowdy going to be able to go after the criminals? I hope so.

BREAKING: House Oversight Committee Calls For Special Counsel To Investigate Crimes At Obama's DOJ

On Tuesday, House Oversight Committee members called for a new special counsel to be appointed to investigate crimes involving bias and FISA abuse at the Obama Department of Justice.

Making the official request to the DOJ were Republican Reps. Trey Gowdy (SC) and Bob Goodlatte (VA), the chairmen of the oversight and judiciary committees respectively.

🚨Breaking: Chairmen @TGowdySC and @RepGoodlatte call for special counsel to investigate crimes involving bias and FISA abuse at DOJ.https://oversight.house.gov/release/goodlatte-gowdy-call-special-counsel-investigate-crimes-involving-bias-fisa-abuse-doj/ …
Read the Letter 📰⬇️

"Matters have arisen — both recently and otherwise — which necessitate the appointment of a Special Counsel. We do not make this observation and attendant lightly," the letter addressed to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein begins.

"We believe that, in the case of certain decisions made and not made by the Department of Justice and FBI in 2016 and 2017, both an actual conflict of interest exists and separately, but equally significant, the public interest requires the appointment of a special counsel," the letter continues.

The letter cites the anti-Trump dossier, paid for by the Democrats and Hillary Clinton, as being strong evidence of bias at the FBI and DOJ, considering the fact that the dossier was never vetted and was a politically-motivated document which was used in court filings.

“There is evidence of bias, trending toward animus, among those charged with investigating serious cases,” they wrote. “There is evidence political opposition research was used in court filings. There is evidence this political opposition research was neither vetted before it was used nor fully revealed to the relevant tribunal.”

Gowdy told Fox News that a special counsel is needed because “Congress doesn’t have the tools to investigate this. ... We leak like the Gossip Girls.”

The letter also made mention of Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who is expected to be releasing a new report at any time over the next several weeks.

“While we have confidence in the Inspector General for the Department of Justice, the DOJ IG does not have the authority to investigate other governmental entities or former employees of the Department, the Bureau, or other agencies,” the letter states.

READ MORE: BARACK OBAMA DEMOCRATIC PARTY DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE LORETTA LYNCH TREY GOWDY
Jack Fate
2018-03-12 14:17:09 UTC
[...]
Can't read any more of these lies because you didn't give us the link to
this trash but what else is new, low IQ bigoted racist?
Jack Fate
2018-03-12 14:20:30 UTC
[...]
Here's a link and here's what the Dems said about this TRASH:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/house-gop-leaders-call-for-second-special-counsel-to-probe-alleged-bias-and-surveillance-abuse-at-fbi-doj/2018/03/06/102df2ec-2196-11e8-94da-ebf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.52c417f08f0e

House Republicans have failed to substantiate their allegations of ‘FISA
abuse’ at every turn,” the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, Rep.
Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), said in a statement, referring to the
surveillance abuse the GOP alleged in their memo. “Chairman Goodlatte
and Chairman Gowdy are simply off base . . . where there is no crime,
there is no criminal investigation for a second special counsel to manage.”