Arizona city council calls on legislator who said African-Americans ‘don’t blend in’ to resign
Add Reply
w***@gmail.com
2018-12-04 23:01:44 UTC
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/419733-arizona-city-council-calls-on-state-lawmaker-who-said-african

An Arizona city council is calling on state Rep. David Stringer (R) to resign over controversial comments he made about African-Americans.

With a 6-1 vote, The Prescott City Council passed a resolution on Tuesday that demands Stringer step down immediately so that a replacement can be named before the legislative session begins in 2019, according to The Associated Press.

"His abhorrent words do not reflect our city or our community and while we condemn them, that word, any word, is not strong enough to express our disdain," the council statement said. "As proud members of this community we are horrified that the opinions expressed by Mr. Stringer exist."

The move from the council comes only days after the Phoenix New Times published controversial remarks Stringer made about diversity during a lecture at Arizona State University.

Stringer, who won reelection in Prescott last month, said that African-Americans were different from European migrants "because they don't melt in."

"They don't blend in," Stringer added. "They always look different."

Stringer later referred to non-native English speakers as a "burden" on Americans, saying that "it costs a lot of more to educate a child who doesn't speak English as a native language."

"So that's a burden on the taxpayers," he said. "It's a pretty significant burden."

Prescott Mayor Greg Mengarelli said at Tuesday's council meeting that Stringer had "forgotten the moral compass of our great county," AP reported. .... (cont)
me
Maxine Waters should learn from this. Don't you think? I agree, non-English speakers are a burden to taxpayers. There are too many taxpayer burdens. But soon the system will break down of its own expense. I suspect few will like it. Triage is our future.
CLOISTER
2018-12-05 15:45:48 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
[...]
The blacks that acclimate are damned few. They created their own language and live in ghettos by choice many times. Their rap music is nothing white
people can relate to. You see the Black Entertainment Network, the Black Miss America, the black caucus in DC. They profit from their victim status. The black college students do not accept white professors or what is considered
Western history, literature, philosophy, you name it.
The Man in the High Castle
2018-12-05 16:34:51 UTC
In short you are an ignorant and very stupid racist.
CLOISTER
2018-12-05 18:47:01 UTC
Post by The Man in the High Castle
Post by CLOISTER
The blacks that acclimate are damned few. They created their own language and live in ghettos by choice many times. Their rap music is nothing white
people can relate to. You see the Black Entertainment Network, the Black Miss America, the black caucus in DC. They profit from their victim status. The black college students do not accept white professors or what is considered
Western history, literature, philosophy, you name it.
In short you are an ignorant and very stupid racist.
One does not have to be ignorant to walk into any cafeteria at high school or college or work or any food court and see all the blacks congregating at one table. You don't gave to be a rocket scientist to see that failed experiment.And now the blacks in college do NOT want to be in "any" school function where
there are whites including classes and lectures.
The Man in the High Castle
2018-12-05 22:05:50 UTC
Post by CLOISTER
The blacks that acclimate are damned few. They created their own language and live in ghettos by choice many times. Their rap music is nothing white
people can relate to. You see the Black Entertainment Network, the Black Miss America, the black caucus in DC. They profit from their victim status. The black college students do not accept white professors or what is considered
Western history, literature, philosophy, you name it.
In short you are an ignorant and very stupid racist.
One does not have to be ignorant to walk into any cafeteria at high school or college or work or any food court and see all the blacks congregating at one table. You don't gave to be a rocket scientist to see that failed experiment.And now the blacks in college do NOT want to be in "any" school function where
there are whites including classes and lectures.
In short, you are an ignorant and very stupid raciest.