Why Does God Hate White American Christians?
Add Reply
Yak
2020-11-20 22:24:27 UTC
White rightists are racists who hate humanity. God hates them.

20 Jesus Quotes That Would Make A “Christian” Right-Winger’s Head Explode

Conservatives keep nattering on and on about how much they love Jesus
Christ, whom they view as their “personal” Savior. But when you read the
following 20 quotes from the New Testament, you’ll wonder what Bible
they’re reading.

Dictionary.Com defines the word “Christian” as people who follow Jesus
Christ’s teachings (unlike American conservatives) or at least have
something to do with Him:

Chris·tian [kris-chuhn] adjective 1. of, pertaining to, or derived
from Jesus Christ or His teachings: a Christian faith. 2. of, pertaining
to, believing in, or belonging to the religion based on a the teachings of
Jesus Christ: Spain is a Christian country. 3. of or pertaining to
Christians: many Christian deaths in the Crusades. 4. exhibiting a spirit
proper to a follower of Jesus Christ; Christlike: She displayed true
Christian charity. 5. decent; respectable: They gave him a good Christian
burial.

So, a Christian is a person who tries to act like Jesus Christ or at least
follow His teachings? Alas, this definition doesn’t sound at all like the
conservative so-called “Christians” we keep reading and hearing about in
the news.

Do you know any right-wing Christians who truly follow Jesus Christ?
Here are 20 quotes from Jesus Christ for our conservative Christian
friends to ponder.

(20) “Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than
his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.” [John
13:16 KJV]

Jesus clearly favors an egalitarian society, yet conservatives have done
everything they can to promote public policies that steal from the poor,
give to the rich, and screw the middle class. The GOP’s stubborn votes
against food stamps and rejection of state Medicare expansions proves they
don’t even care about the people who voted them into office.

(19) “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye
judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again. Matthew 7:1-2 KJV]

Jesus Christ commands his followers not to be judgmental towards their
neighbors, yet these right wingers can’t stop themselves from making
arbitrary judgments about LGBTs, single mothers, people of color,
immigrants, non-Christians, poor people, and just about everyone who isn’t
white, rich, male, and “Christian.”

(18) “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye,
but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?” [Luke 6:41 KJV]

Jesus Christ’s famous quote about hypocrisy back in Ye Olde New Testament
times explains why conservative Christians say one thing and mean another.
They talk about the “sanctity of marriage” between “one man and one woman”
while their leaders cheat on their spouses, seek gay sex on the down low,
talk obsessively about rape, cheat on taxes, abuse drugs (prescription or
not), and engage in illegal acts. Yet, they’re the first to throw a non-
violent, first-time drug offender in prison or claim a rape victim was
“asking for it.”

(17) “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the
children of God.” [Matthew 5:9 KJV]

Jesus Christ preached peace, love, and kindness to his followers, yet
conservative Christians are always the first to blast the trumpets of war.
If they had their way, we’d still be in Afghanistan and Iraq, plus we’d be
sending U.S. armed forces into Palestine, the Ukraine, and our local
homeless encampments.

(16) “Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they
reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye
not much better than they?” [Matthew 6:26]

If the previous quotes make Jesus Christ sound mildly liberal, this one
makes Our Savior sound like a Goddamned hippie Communist. Right-wing
Christians love heaping scorn on people who get help from the U.S.
government, with no thought to whether their troubles are temporary or
they’ve paid into the system. Even a lot of left-leaning Democrats demand
that people on welfare be held “accountable.” Yet here’s Jesus saying that
we should all be fed and cared for — regardless of our morals or how hard
we work — just because we exist and God loves us. And as for those lazy,
do-nothing “fowls of the air,” Jesus doesn’t even think we worker bees are
any better than them.

(15) “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at
her.” [John 8:7 KJV]

Unlike today’s conservative Christians, who eagerly serve in the vanguard
of the GOP’s war on women, Jesus Christ has no regard for double standards
that hold men and women to different rules. At least four women — his
mother, Mary Madgelene, and the sisters Mary and Martha — were beloved
members of his inner circle. When a crowd gathered to stone a woman to
death for the “crime” of adultery, Jesus stopped them dead in their tracks
by demanding that the person without sin cast the first stone.

(14) “But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in
need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in
him?” [1 John 3:17 KJV]

How can a conservative so-called “Christian” read this passage and keep
voting for people who give tax cuts to the rich, while slashing programs
that feed families, care for the elderly and disabled, house the homeless,
provide healthcare, protect consumers, and keep our air and water clean?

(13) “Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in
their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every
sickness and every disease among the people.” [Matthew 9:35]

Jesus Christ famously roamed the Holy Land giving free healthcare to
everyone in need. Even many non-Bible readers are familiar with Our
Savior’s healing exploits. Yet, His conservative “Christian” followers in
Congress are adamantly opposed to giving Americans access to healthcare.
Instead, they waste U.S. taxpayers’ time and money over and over again
trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) even though their GOP
lawmakers helped design the program, and their 2012 presidential
candidate, Mitt Romney, had great success with a similar program during
his tenure as Mass. state governor. Go figure.

(12) “Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within
ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.” [Matthew 23:28 KJV]

This biblical passage comes straight from the Savior’s mouth, and
describes our country’s conservative Christians to a tee(minus some of the
other things they’re “full of”).

(11) “And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and
doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge
of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and
the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;
And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my
Father’s house an house of merchandise.” [John 2:14-16 KJV]

Unlike our Mammon-worshipping conservative Christians, Jesus Christ
clearly loathes capitalism. Pretty much the only time we ever see Jesus
totally lose his cool and go into an Incredible Hulk-like rage is when he
returns to Jerusalem with his disciples, and finds the Temple clogged with
bankers and vendors. He doesn’t just yell at them, He totally goes
apesh*t, wrecks their booths, and drives them out with whips He somehow
manages to improvise and fashion on the spur of the moment. One can only
imagine how Jesus would feel about Wall Street, the Koch brothers, and
ALEC.

(10) “And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through
the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of
God.” [Matthew 19:24 KJV]

If you’ve got any doubt about how Jesus Christ would feel about income
inequality, the Supreme Court’s Citizens United ruling, or rich CEOs
raking in huge profits while crusading against a long-overdue minimum wage
hike, this passage makes it pretty clear that making profits at other
people’s expense gives you bad karma in the Great Beyond.

(9) “Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all
thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first
and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the
prophets.” [Matthew 22:37-40 KJV]

When Jesus Christ’s adoring crowds asked which of the 10 Commandments are
the most important ones for them to follow, Jesus turned around and
changed the rules. He said that if we first love God, and then love our
neighbor, the rest would follow naturally. It’s hard to see how denying
gays the right to marry and cutting anti-poverty programs follows Jesus’
teachings. Yet, our conservative “Christian” lawmakers insist this is what
we should do.

(8) “And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the
streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have
their reward.” [Matthew 6:5 KJV]

Conservative Christians claim to love Jesus, and seem to adore shouting
their faith from atop their soap boxes any chance they get. But the real
Jesus Christ scorned these showy – and often phony – displays of piety,
and went out of his way to preach against them.

(7) “But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not
sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.” [Matthew 12:7 KJV]

Jesus Christ always preached mercy for women, children, sinners,
criminals, the poor, and even his own enemies. Yet, today’s conservative
Christians demand retroactive abortions the death penalty and insist that
children who commit crimes should be charged as adults.

(6) “But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to
eat.” [Matthew 14:16 KJV]

Jesus Christ always wanted to feed people and extend hospitality to
strangers, no matter what their circumstances. Yet, conservative, so-
called “Christians” seek to cut back on food stamps and deport immigrants
— or bar them from entry.

(5) “And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with
burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with
one of your fingers.” [Luke 11:46 KJV]

Thank you, GOP lawmakers, for passing laws and promoting policies that
make things harder for most of your fellow Americans.

(4) “For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required:
and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.” [Luke
12:48 KJV]

Or, as President John F. Kennedy more succinctly states, “To those whom
much is given, much is expected.” Alas, conservative Christians have
gotten this all mixed up. They think that to those whom much is given,
much can be expected. Oops.

(3) “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will
give you rest.” [Matthew: 11:28 KJV]

Unlike today’s right-wing so-called “Christians,” Jesus Christ sympathized
with those who work day-to-day to scrape by, and preached that they would
get their reward. Meanwhile, Republicans refuse to even consider raising
the minimum wage to keep up with the cost of living.

(2) “For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye
gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed
me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an
hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a
stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we
thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and
say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one
of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” [Matthew
25:34-40 KJV]

The Christian Right keeps ranting about how raising taxes to pay for
programs that help the poor and folks who find themselves in a jam is
somehow like forcing us into slavery. But Jesus Christ’s views on feeding,
clothing, and helping people in need is unequivocal: He sees it as
directly serving Him.

(1) “Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from
me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his
angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and
ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and
ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.” [Matthew
25:41-43 KJV]

In case the previous half of this passage doesn’t make Jesus Christ’s
views abundantly clear, Our Saviour gets more specific. He says that on
Judgment Day, He will look askance at people who refused to help those
less fortunate than themselves. Not only that, Jesus Christ will curse
them and cast them away “into everlasting fire.” It’s shocking that
conservative “Christians” keep ignoring this. Maybe someday, they’ll find
religion.
Inge Mueller
2020-11-20 22:27:30 UTC
Post by Yak
White rightists are racists who hate humanity. God hates them.
20 Jesus Quotes That Would Make A “Christian” Right-Winger’s Head Explode
Conservatives keep nattering on and on about how much they love Jesus
Christ, whom they view as their “personal” Savior. But when you read the
following 20 quotes from the New Testament, you’ll wonder what Bible
they’re reading.
You don't want to believe all that crap in the Bible. Jesus never
said half of that shit! It's mostly parables and allegories, just
like the Old Testament!