NPR slammed over tweet that Trump claimed 'without evidence' that Kenosha gunman acted in self-defense
2020-09-02 00:12:19 UTC
By Sam Dorman
Published 1 hour ago

NPR was strongly criticized Tuesday after it claimed that President
Trump had "no evidence" that Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old who shot
three protesters in Kenosha, Wis. last week, acted out of self-defense.

"You saw the same tape as I saw," Trump said during a White House press
briefing on Monday. "He was trying to get away from them, I guess, it
looks like. And he fell, and then they very violently attacked him, and
it was something that we're looking at right now, and it's under
investigation, but I guess he was in very big trouble. He probably
would have been killed but it's under investigation."

NPR responded on Tuesday by tweeting: "President Trump declined to
condemn the actions of the suspected 17-year-old shooter of 3 [sic]
protesters against police brutality in Kenosha — claiming, without
evidence, that it appeared the gunman was acting in self-defense."

Rittenhouse currently faces multiple charges, including murder, for the
shootings, which his lawyer says were acts of self-defense. Video
footage taken that night shows Rittenhouse running from demonstrators
before shooting two of them.

In footage obtained by The New York Times, one of those shot appears to
try and attack Rittenhouse with his skateboard. Daily Caller reporter
Richie McGinniss has claimed he saw Joseph Rosenbaum, the first
shooting victim, pursuing Rittenhouse and trying to grab his gun.

"There is no legitimate argument for @NPR to exist as a taxpayer-funded
entity," Media Research Vice President Dan Gainor tweeted. "It is
ridiculously leftist and biased against the right. #DefundNPR".

Other Twitter users joined in the criticism.

"This is poorly done propaganda @NPR You guys realize millions of
people have watched multiple videos of the attacks on Kyle and his
response? In court that’s called .... 'evidence,'" Rep. Paul Gosar,
R-Ariz., tweeted.

NPR did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/npr-slammed-tweet-trump-kenosha-self-defense
me
2020-09-02 01:30:43 UTC
The law can’t help. Anarchy is the absence of law. If BLM supporters can ignore the rules why must other people obey them? If anonymous Antifa stormtroopers can attack at will why would anyone else agree to stay obediently passive?
David LaRue
2020-09-02 01:39:49 UTC
Post by Johnny
[...]
I tune in to NPR when all the respectable and local news channels are all
on break at the same time. In 30 seconds I get the latest garbage of the
day.

Sadly I used to donate to my local station. It has been many years since
feeling they do anyone good.