Dame Diana Rigg: Avengers, Bond and Game of Thrones actress dies at 82
Add Reply
wolfbat359a@mindspring.com
2020-09-10 20:35:50 UTC
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54106509

Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

Her daughter, actress Rachael Stirling, said she died of cancer, after being diagnosed in March.

"She spent her last months joyfully reflecting on her extraordinary life, full of love, laughter and a deep pride in her profession," she added.

Dame Diana also played the only woman who became Mrs James Bond.

She played Tracy, who married George Lazenby's 007 in the 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Lazenby said he was "so sad" to hear of her death, while Bond producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli also paid tribute.
Skip Twitter post by @007

"We are very sad to hear of the passing of Dame Diana Rigg, the legendary stage and screen actress who was much beloved by Bond fans for her memorable performance as Tracy di Vicenzo in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, the only woman to have married James Bond." pic.twitter.com/nqQCSg35oM
— James Bond (@007) September 10, 2020

Report

End of Twitter post by @007

The Game of Thrones official account also honoured her.
Skip Twitter post by @GameOfThrones

Be a dragon.
The realm will always remember Diana Rigg.
— Game of Thrones (@GameOfThrones) September 10, 2020

Report

End of Twitter post by @GameOfThrones

Dame Diana's other recent roles included the Duchess of Buccleuch in ITV's Victoria and Mrs Pumphrey in Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

Samuel West, who plays Siegfried in the show, said: "Doesn't really make sense to think of her having died. She generally lived the hell out of everyone."

Obituary: Dame Diana Rigg
Dame Diana Rigg: A career in pictures
Why Diana Rigg 'loves being disliked ...(cont)
Johnny
2020-09-11 13:51:32 UTC
On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 13:35:50 -0700 (PDT)
Post by ***@mindspring.com
Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV
series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at
the age of 82.
The only reason I watched the Avengers was to see her. She was a
beautiful woman and a great actor.
wolfbat359a@mindspring.com