The Party of Violence attacks another publicly known Democrat...anarchy and hate run amok
2018-07-09 23:03:18 UTC
A Richmond, Virginia, bookstore owner called the police on a customer for verbally berating Steve Bannon.

Black Swan Books owner Nick Cooke told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that a woman in the store proceeded to call the former Trump adviser a “piece of trash.”

“Steve Bannon was simply standing, looking at books, minding his own business,” Cooke said. “I asked her to leave, and she wouldn’t. And I said, ‘I’m going to call the police if you don’t,’ and I went to call the police and she left. And that’s the end of the story.”

Cooke defended his decision to place the call, which according to the Richmond Police Department he ended before officers responded.

“We are a bookshop,” he said. “Bookshops are all about ideas and tolerating different opinions and not about verbally assaulting somebody, which is what was happening.”

Philippe Reines, once a top aide to Hillary Clinton, was criticized for tweeting out the book shop’s address, which was viewed as an implicit call to boycott or attack it.

Josh Jordan

@NumbersMuncher
· 8 Jul
Replying to @PhilippeReines
If there's a confrontation in your store, you call the police so that it either stops the confrontation from escalating or it gets something with authority to make sure it ends.

That you are calling for a public beatdown of this place by posting all of their info is disgraceful.

Philippe Reines

@PhilippeReines
I’m providing a service to the public by providing the contact information the bookstore posted on their website - presumably with the hope of being contacted. I presented facts w/o encouraging any behavior.

I’d point out through it’s possible this woman stopped a book burning. pic.twitter.com/ofDi2aA3tM

12:06 PM - Jul 8, 2018
View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
165
427 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The incident is reminiscent of a Virginia restaurant asking White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave last month because some staff members took issue with President Donald Trump and his policies.

Both Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and senior White House adviser Stephen Miller were also both confronted at restaurants in relation to the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which has resulted in the separation of thousands of immigrant children from their parents.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.
289 reactions3%66%31%
Bear Rub

Share your reaction

GuidelinesPost
43 viewing
Top Reactions
2 people reacting
shelly
shelly4 hours ago
The store owner is a smart man. Customers are all, liberal and conservative.

ReplyReplies (24)16122
John
John4 hours ago
This is how you handle things.

ReplyReplies (13)13811
GLOBALIST
2018-07-09 23:05:22 UTC
[...]

What fuckn bitches the Democratic Party has turned into
How is this suppose the help them in 2020? It will
drive them further and further into the mud.