Georgia House passes bill to dissolve county police departments
2020-06-22 17:49:50 UTC
By Barnini Chakraborty
Published 2 hours ago

The Georgia House of Representatives passed a bill Friday that would
allow voters to decide whether they want to abolish county police
departments, putting the fate of the much-maligned Glynn County Police
Department in jeopardy following its handling of the Ahmaud Arbery
shooting.

Cut!

Friday's bill, which passed 152-3 and now goes to the Senate, would
allow Peach State voters to determine whether to eliminate their county
police departments, moving authority to county sheriff's offices.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-house-passes-bill-dissolve-county-police-departments

The Sheriff Department does not have the men to police the city and
county.

I want to see how the vote turns out, because I don't believe the
majority of people in any county would dissolve the police department.
me
2020-06-22 22:24:32 UTC
We, the People may well become so un-governable that small government is preferable to growing anarchy. Eventually this disease must be cured. Libertarians need to begin to propose platforms based on: voluntary compliance around shared values not opposing values; decentralization of power and responsibility (as close to the individual as possible); and privatization. http://www.endit.info/PlatformIdeas.shtml