Trump trails Biden, but Hillary's lead was larger
2020-09-06 19:37:54 UTC
"It would be a mistake to predict the outcome based on the current
standings. In the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Michigan,
Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina and Arizona, the president is
scoring better against Mr. Biden than he did at the same point in his
2016 race against Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump scored his upset by
winning them all."
El Castor

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/6/editorial-trump-trails-biden-but-hillarys-lead-was/
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-06 20:14:30 UTC
Post by El Castor
"It would be a mistake to predict the outcome based on the current
standings. In the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Michigan,
Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina and Arizona, the president is
scoring better against Mr. Biden than he did at the same point in his
2016 race against Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump scored his upset by
winning them all."
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/6/editorial-trump-trails-biden-but-hillarys-lead-was/
According to Realclearpolitics, Biden is matching Clinton's performance
in the battlegrounds while doing better nationwide.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states-2020-vs-2016/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-national-polls-2020-vs-2016/
Johnny
2020-09-06 20:34:42 UTC
Post by El Castor
"It would be a mistake to predict the outcome based on the current
standings. In the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Michigan,
Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina and Arizona, the president is
scoring better against Mr. Biden than he did at the same point in
his 2016 race against Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump scored his upset
by winning them all."
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/sep/6/editorial-trump-trails-biden-but-hillarys-lead-was/
According to Realclearpolitics, Biden is matching Clinton's
performance in the battlegrounds while doing better nationwide.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-top-battleground-states-2020-vs-2016/
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/trump-vs-biden-national-polls-2020-vs-2016/
People should rely on common sense instead of polls. Polls have been
wrong.

No one thought Trump would win the last time, including me. I didn't
watch the election returns I was so sure Hillary would win.

It seems to me Trump has a lot better chance this time than last.

He has kept his campaign promises. The wall is being built, he
renegotiated NAFTA, he stopped the flood of migrants across the border
and created jobs. I wouldn't be surprised to see some major labor
unions support Trump.

What have the democrats done? Tried to impeach Trump and remove him
from office.
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-06 20:50:48 UTC
Post by Johnny
Post by El Castor
[...]
Nate Silver (Fivethirtyeight.com) gave Trump a 29% chance of winning.
Post by Johnny
It seems to me Trump has a lot better chance this time than last.
Silver has him again at 29%, but if the polls do not change, that will
go down to less than 10% on the day before the election.
Johnny
2020-09-06 20:59:05 UTC
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Then Nate Silver is an idiot.
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-06 21:06:27 UTC
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Or perhaps you are enumerate.
El Castor
2020-09-07 03:03:56 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
It seems to me Trump has a lot better chance this time than last.
Silver has him again at 29%, but if the polls do not change, that
will go down to less than 10% on the day before the election.
Then Nate Silver is an idiot.
Or perhaps you are enumerate.
Or perhaps some voters are reluctant to admit to pollsters that they
will vote for Trump? I drove by a parking place yesterday that was
filled with broken glass -- a rare sight around here, but in San
Francisco not that unusual. The owners of those cars may not be
anxious to vote for the Party of vandalism, riots, looting, and broken
car windows.
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-07 03:34:41 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
I haven't seen any evidence to support that claim.
El Castor
2020-09-07 06:52:05 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
It seems to me Trump has a lot better chance this time than last.
Silver has him again at 29%, but if the polls do not change, that
will go down to less than 10% on the day before the election.
Then Nate Silver is an idiot.
Or perhaps you are enumerate.
Or perhaps some voters are reluctant to admit to pollsters that they
will vote for Trump?
I haven't seen any evidence to support that claim.
"Evidence" is hard to come by, but logic would suggest that rioting
and looting is a repellant activity for many voters.

And ...
"Democrats QUIT The Party in Droves, Voters FURIOUS Over Democrat
Support For Riots Will Vote Trump" ...
"As a black guy, I tried to warn my friends about BLM 7 YEARS AGO.
Now they're apologizing in droves." ...
"Yep, I’m one of them, lifelong Democrat. Won’t vote Democrat
again."...
"I know over a dozen people who voted for Hillary - that are voting
for Trump . I don't know a single Trump voter that's is voting Biden."

Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-07 14:41:31 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
It seems to me Trump has a lot better chance this time than last.
Silver has him again at 29%, but if the polls do not change, that
will go down to less than 10% on the day before the election.
Then Nate Silver is an idiot.
Or perhaps you are enumerate.
Or perhaps some voters are reluctant to admit to pollsters that they
will vote for Trump?
I haven't seen any evidence to support that claim.
"Evidence" is hard to come by, but logic would suggest that rioting
and looting is a repellant activity for many voters.
So, would "grab them by the pussy." But, it wasn't.
http://youtu.be/eS2ydSKM8KI
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/18/politics/republicans-supporting-biden/index.html
El Castor
2020-09-07 18:39:12 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
It seems to me Trump has a lot better chance this time than last.
Silver has him again at 29%, but if the polls do not change, that
will go down to less than 10% on the day before the election.
Then Nate Silver is an idiot.
Or perhaps you are enumerate.
Or perhaps some voters are reluctant to admit to pollsters that they
will vote for Trump?
I haven't seen any evidence to support that claim.
"Evidence" is hard to come by, but logic would suggest that rioting
and looting is a repellant activity for many voters.
So, would "grab them by the pussy." But, it wasn't.
Trump is not a politician. He has a big mouth, but so what? What
really counts is a billion dollars in Hunter Biden's pocket, and even
more importantly ...

"Gun violence has fueled enduring trust issues for many Americans"
"America’s gun violence affects not only just those killed, injured or
present during gunfire, but research suggests it can also sabotage the
social and psychological well-being of all Americans."
https://theconversation.com/gun-violence-has-fuelled-enduring-trust-issues-for-many-americans-144413

The wild promises of the Left -- defund the police, Green New Deal,
back in bed with China, taxes through the roof, Medicare for all,
Biden-Sanders 'unity platform', etc., combined with an over the hill,
easily manipulated candidate will not garner the vote of many thinking
Johnny
2020-09-07 19:47:13 UTC
On Mon, 07 Sep 2020 11:39:12 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 20:34:41 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
Most people voting for Biden don't think. All they know is
he's a democrat.

Maybe Josh can tell us what he expects to happen if Biden is elected,
and what Biden has done, or will do, that would make him vote for Biden.
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-07 20:36:23 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
I expect only one thing. Our long national nightmare have having a
petulant man-baby president will end, and we will instead have a normal
functioning adult at the helm.
El Castor
2020-09-08 01:28:38 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
Neither of us will be convinced to change our vote. Whatever will be
will be. I couldn't agree more that Trump is far from perfect. Is
there anything in Biden's past that you find questionable?
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-08 01:50:07 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
As with everyone, of course.
El Castor
2020-09-08 05:20:41 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
What?
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-08 14:39:23 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
As with everyone, Biden is not perfect and of course I find things in
his past that are objectionable.
El Castor
2020-09-08 17:46:46 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Oh? And that would be?
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-08 18:27:52 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
His support of the parts of the 1994 crime bill that have required
subsequent reforms.
El Castor
2020-09-09 01:39:32 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
In 2013 Vice President Biden flew his son Hunter to China in Air Force
Two. Whie there, Vice president Biden met with representatives of the
government owned Bank of China. Twelve days later his son signed a
billion dollar deal with a subsidiary of that same bank. An arm of the
Chinese government entered into a billion dollar (later to be $1.5
billion) business deal with the son of the sitting vice president of
the United States. Hmmmm.

In May of this year Joe Biden, speaking of China, dismissed China as
an economic threat to the United States -- "They're not bad folks,
folks. But guess what, they're not competition for us”. I find that,
to be highly problematic, and then there is his mental condition
combined with all the flirting with the socialist wing of your Party.
Joe Biden may well represent the tipping point for a United States
about to fall off the cliff into European style socialism.

As for TRUMP, I agree he can be an irritating SOB at times, but I
support his tax and regulation reforms, and the strong economy and
employment that they produced -- until COVID-19 came along. I also
support his border policies, not because I dislike Hispanics, quite
the contrary, but because, as I have said many times, they represent
an economic and employment threat to our African American community.
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-09 02:55:27 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Trump is not a normal functioning adult. Everything else is noise.
El Castor
2020-09-09 07:01:11 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 14:06:27 -0700, Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
Biden's election will not upset me. I will greatly enjoy the mess that
ensues. If he turns out to be a great president, I'll like that too.
For me it's a win win. (-8
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-07 20:32:34 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
If the polls do not change, Biden is heavy favorite to win.
El Castor
2020-09-09 07:14:04 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 6 Sep 2020 13:50:48 -0700
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by Johnny
Post by Johnny
[...]
"Democrats fear 2016 repeat despite Biden's lead in polls"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-fear-2016-repeat-despite-bidens-lead-in-polls/ar-BB18PTXC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-09-09 14:59:52 UTC
{snip}
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
If the polls do not change, Biden is heavy favorite to win.
"Democrats fear 2016 repeat despite Biden's lead in polls"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-fear-2016-repeat-despite-bidens-lead-in-polls/ar-BB18PTXC
That's a smart approach because if the polls narrow and Biden is leading
by 3%-points on election day, the race will be too close to call.
El Castor
2020-09-09 18:51:40 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
If the polls do not change, Biden is heavy favorite to win.
"Democrats fear 2016 repeat despite Biden's lead in polls"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-fear-2016-repeat-despite-bidens-lead-in-polls/ar-BB18PTXC
That's a smart approach because if the polls narrow and Biden is leading
by 3%-points on election day, the race will be too close to call.
Since many (most?) ballots will be mailed, this damned election could
linger on for days or weeks before it's decided. )-8
Josh Rosenbluth
I have no problem with that.
El Castor
2020-09-10 05:29:23 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
If the polls do not change, Biden is heavy favorite to win.
"Democrats fear 2016 repeat despite Biden's lead in polls"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-fear-2016-repeat-despite-bidens-lead-in-polls/ar-BB18PTXC
That's a smart approach because if the polls narrow and Biden is leading
by 3%-points on election day, the race will be too close to call.
Since many (most?) ballots will be mailed, this damned election could
linger on for days or weeks before it's decided. )-8
I have no problem with that.
The stock market might not agree with you on that. (-8