Trump makes so many false claims, CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale has lost count
Add Reply
Ubiquitous
2020-10-31 14:16:34 UTC
By Meredith BlakeStaff Writer
Oct. 30, 2020
5 AM

Daniel Dale never never planned to spend more than four years fact-checking
Donald Trump.

In September 2016, Dale was a Washington-based political reporter for the
Toronto Star. He’d previously covered the scandal- and deception-ridden
tenure of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and was struck by then-candidate Trump’s
serial inaccuracies. He started compiling informal lists on Twitter,
tallying various claims made by the Republican nominee followed by
parenthetical fact-checks.

Then filmmaker Michael Moore tweeted in praise of Dale, saying he “shames
the US media” each day. “I got a ton of followers from that. I was like,
‘Oh, my God, I have to do it every day now to satisfy people,’” Dale
recalls wearily. “Like a lot of people, I wrongly thought Hillary Clinton
would win and that would be the end of a crazy daily fact-check load,
though I’d have to fact-check her too.”

Since Inauguration Day in 2017, Trump has kept Dale busier than he ever
imagined. “He was lying about the weather on the first day of his
presidency,” he says.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-10-30/trump-false-
claims-cnn-daniel-dale-fact-checker

Trump lies literally 100% of the times he speaks. I don't mean that 100%
of his blabbering is a lie, because he says several things in any given
blabbering session, but in 100% of the occurrences in which he runs his
ugly mouth, he tells lies. As a tweet typically is one statement, he
doesn't lie in 100% of his tweets, but it's at least 90% of them.

He's just a fucking liar, and his lies are not the normal lies that
politicians sometimes tell. They are extravagant and absurd lies.

Here's a good piece about one of his most preposterous lies:

Trump’s Most Pointless Lie

The president keeps insisting that Hurricane Dorian was forecast to hit
Alabama.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/trumps-pointless-lie-
hurricane-dorian-and-alabama/597469/

Rightist patriots believe all the Trump lies!
Ubiquitous