USN Admiral told not to distribute bibles (his response is going viral)
2016-02-04 02:34:15 UTC

I remember when we were in the USArmy there was a spot in the top of your locker (for inspection) where they would give you and New Testament or you could put in your personal Bible.
Lawrence Akutagawa
2016-02-04 05:38:35 UTC
"GLOBALIST" wrote in message news:ef03a68a-5781-4e22-9758-***@googlegroups.com...

http://youtu.be/8_WR8vk7eIU

I remember when we were in the USArmy there was a spot in the top of your
locker (for inspection) where they would give you and New Testament or you
could put in your personal Bible.

****** This line separates my response from the foregoing ******

Hey - Village Idiot:
Have you made up your mind as to whether you were in the US Air Force as you
claimed in much earlier posts or in the US Army as you have in your last
several posts regarding your military service?
b***@gmail.com
2016-02-04 06:25:13 UTC
Have you made up your mind ...
Now don't quote me on this but if Globy would tell the truth and
shame to devil, I think the froup would learn that Globy was neither
in the U.S. Army nor U.S. Air Force. I'll bet he was in the Salvation
Army assigned a pot somewhere in the outback of Alaska and mauled
several times by a bear who got tired of his constant bleatings for
salmon. He did get some kind of colored heart on account of these
encounters and a firm handshake from his commanding officer.

"You may talk o' gin and beer
When you're quartered safe out 'ere,
An' you're sent to penny-fights an' Aldershot it;
But when it comes to slaughter
You will do your work on water,
An' you'll lick the bloomin' boots of 'im that's got it...."~ Rudyard Kipling
GLOBALIST
2016-02-04 12:04:28 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Have you made up your mind ...
Now don't quote me on this but if Globy would tell the truth and
shame to devil, I think the froup would learn that Globy was neither
in the U.S. Army nor U.S. Air Force. I'll bet he was in the Salvation
Army assigned a pot somewhere in the outback of Alaska and mauled
several times by a bear who got tired of his constant bleatings for
salmon. He did get some kind of colored heart on account of these
encounters and a firm handshake from his commanding officer.
"You may talk o' gin and beer
When you're quartered safe out 'ere,
An' you're sent to penny-fights an' Aldershot it;
But when it comes to slaughter
You will do your work on water,
An' you'll lick the bloomin' boots of 'im that's got it...."~ Rudyard Kipling
Never once did I say I was in the Air Force. I spent 3 year in the USArmy. We were on missile bases that surrounded Air Force bases. We went to Air Force bases for medical/dental work and to use their base BX
I spent 2 winters near http://www.eielson.af.mil/ Eielson Air Force bases. It was closer to our base, the Army base Fort Wainwright was a little further even though our own
headquarters were there. We were near a little town, called North Pole and folks loved to send Christmas cards from there with their postmark
chatnoir
2016-02-04 14:04:06 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
You did not have launch capabilities I hope!

GLOBALIST
2016-02-04 15:13:31 UTC
Post by chatnoir
Post by GLOBALIST
I spent 2 winters near http://www.eielson.af.mil/ Eielson Air Force bases. It was closer to our base, the Army base Fort Wainwright was a little further even though our own
headquarters were there. We were near a little town, called North Pole and folks loved to send Christmas cards from there with their postmark
At the time many Air Force bases were referred to as SAC bases. We had surface to air missiles that could take out
a whole squadron of enemy planes with one shot. Each of our bases also had the capability to fire one nuclear
war head. (that was never known to the locals all over the United States) I took my orders directly from the officer who could fire the missile. If his equipment was not functioning he could give me the order to fire it
from where I sat 3 miles away.
Lawrence Akutagawa
2016-02-04 17:53:10 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]

Hey - Village Idiot...thanks much for the clarification.
Just wish that you would clarify things more often instead of presenting
your many performances of the Intellectual Coward ploy you use so often!
GLOBALIST
That was not a clarification that was repeating what you were too fucking stupid to remember.
Lawrence Akutagawa
2016-02-04 19:07:17 UTC
"GLOBALIST" wrote in message news:447e73a7-4ded-4927-bb99-***@googlegroups.com...

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 11:53:09 AM UTC-6, Lawrence Akutagawa
Post by GLOBALIST
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]

tsk, tsk, tsk...try to give the Village Idiot a compliment and get an ad
hominem in return.
Typical Village Idiot behavior, I say...which is exactly and truthfully why
he is indeed the Village Idiot - no ad hominems involved; just the bare
boned, honest to goodness truth as all here can see.
b***@gmail.com
2016-02-04 23:57:20 UTC
tsk, tsk, tsk...try to give the Village Idiot a compliment ...
Humbug, I still say Globy was in the Salvation Army. I want to see a
copy of his discharge papers. And no dummying up those papers like
Obama did with his birth certificate.
rumpelstiltskin
2016-02-05 01:16:18 UTC
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 15:57:20 -0800 (PST), ***@gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
Post by b***@gmail.com
Humbug, I still say Globy was in the Salvation Army. I want to see a
copy of his discharge papers. And no dummying up those papers like
Obama did with his birth certificate.
That was a joke, I hope! 8-\
Maybe it's not an advisable joke, since some people
actually believe that, just as some believe in "God".

I actually said "God Bless You" to a guy today. He'd
said it to me and it was out of my mouth before I
even realized it. I don't remember ever saying that
to anybody before. Just an hour earlier, I had been
harassing a Jesus Freak with a big sign and a
megaphone who was bothering the crowds of people
trying to get through to the Embarcadero through
the entry (security?) barricade. If the barricade was
for security, I can't complain because this football
bash does seem like it would be a magnet for people
who want to do harm, as at the Boston Marathon.
When I saw the barricade and the lines of people
waiting though, I decided to turn back rather than
put up with all that. I can go to the Embarcadero
lots of other times without hassle.

Anyhow, back to point one: the conversation
with the guy had started because I was wearing
a Union Jack T-shirt. I'm surprised that I said
"God Bless You" back. I would have said
something else if I'd thought before speaking.
I like that guy though. He seemed to me to have
started out as a street person with no visible
means of support, but he landed a job working
for one of the stores on that street, and now he
seems to have a second job too at a different
store. Considering where he started, you have
to respect that.

Oh, also, I know where the Muslim terrorists
in San Francisco are hiding out now. I had
walked to Rainbow Grocery because I hadn't
been willing to put up with the line of cars
waiting their turn to get into the rather small
parking garage a couple of days earlier. As I
was walking back to Market Street along a
route I'd never taken before, I ran into one
of those numerous one- or two-block streets
that exist in San Francisco, but this one was
named "ISIS". Aha!

Here it is:
http://tinyurl.com/jnh7xe5
b***@gmail.com
2016-02-05 05:18:49 UTC
That was a joke, I hope!...
Of course, BTW, I was going ask how you were getting along (being the
curmudgeon you are) with the football loons that have descended on your
fair city?

I can only say that I'm glad the game where those meatbags
give themselves headaches (the players, I mean)go to where ever they go
to rest up for the next year's pounding is finally over and we can get
along watching guys who never grow up bounce a ball up and down a wooden
court etc. for a few more months.

Then, of course, there are the politics.
rumpelstiltskin
2016-02-05 06:46:36 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
That was a joke, I hope!...
Of course, BTW, I was going ask how you were getting along (being the
curmudgeon you are) with the football loons that have descended on your
fair city?
I'm avoiding it, though since I went to Rainbow Grocery today
then walked from there up to Market, I figured I might as well
try to get to the Ferry Building via the subway. I wasn't banking
on the mob scene at the entrance though. There were about
eight lines to speed things up, but there must have been several
hundred people waiting in line. I told the loud and obnoxious
Jesus Freak with the sign and the bullhorn that he was wasting
his life. He insulted me back, but an insult from a person who
can't put two and two together isn't anything to get excited
about. After that, I just got back on the Subway and headed
home. This brouhaha will only go on for two weeks, and then
things will get back to normal.
Post by b***@gmail.com
I can only say that I'm glad the game where those meatbags
give themselves headaches (the players, I mean)go to where ever they go
to rest up for the next year's pounding is finally over and we can get
along watching guys who never grow up bounce a ball up and down a wooden
court etc. for a few more months.
The money for the few who make it to the top is really
something though. That still wouldn't be worth it if one
ended up like Muhammad Ali, but Joe Montana still seems
to be in full possession of his solid mental powers, so it's
a roll of the dice how one will end up.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Then, of course, there are the politics.
Yes, but the players don't have to worry about that.

Jim_Higgins
2016-02-04 10:52:51 UTC
http://youtu.be/8_WR8vk7eIU
I remember when we were in the USArmy there was a spot in the top of your locker (for inspection) where they would give you and New Testament or you could put in your personal Bible.
Now we have the likes of Atheists like Mikey Weinstein and his ilk.
Hussein Obama is God's Judgement on America.
Hussein Obama working hard to destroy America
GLOBALIST
2016-02-04 11:53:24 UTC
Post by Jim_Higgins
Post by GLOBALIST
http://youtu.be/8_WR8vk7eIU
I remember when we were in the USArmy there was a spot in the top of your locker (for inspection) where they would give you and New Testament or you could put in your personal Bible.
Now we have the likes of Atheists like Mikey Weinstein and his ilk.
Hussein Obama is God's Judgement on America.
--
Hussein Obama working hard to destroy America
========================
quote:

What's really interesting about this Bible, is that it contains a letter to the Armed Forces from President Franklin D. Roosevelt, encouraging them to read the Bible.

The letter to the troops reads:

To the Armed Forces:

As Commander-in-Chief, I take pleasure in commending the reading of the Bible to all who serve in the armed forces of the United States. Throughout the centuries men of many faiths and diverse origins have found in the Sacred Book words of wisdom, counsel and inspiration. It is a fountain of strength and now, as always, an aid in attaining the highest aspirations of the human soul.

Very sincerely yours,
Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Also in this Bible are three stanzas of The Star-Spangled Banner. We rarely hear the entire song, and the third stanza is quite revealing of the mindset of early Americans.

It is interesting to note that Jesus was not politically incorrect in 1941. In fact, Bibles were given to members of the Armed Forces, and the president encouraged them to read it.
John Q. Public
2016-02-04 12:14:05 UTC
It is interesting to note that Jesus was not politically incorrect in 1941. In fact, Bibles were given to members of the Armed Forces, and the president encouraged them to read it.
Some folks (not you) have evolved since then.
--
John Q. Public