Donald Trump may be the last President of the United States.
2018-12-02 16:04:13 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-01/trump-last-president
Weatherman
2018-12-02 16:15:45 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-01/trump-last-president
If it's Zero Hedge, you know it's zero facts and a whole lot of Russian
propaganda from our resident Russian troll.
CLOISTER
2018-12-02 16:26:51 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-01/trump-last-president
This writer just rambles on and on and you never know what he
is for or against.
President Trump deliberately focused on winning the swing
states and his campaigning paid off at the end.
Weatherman
2018-12-02 16:29:12 UTC
Post by CLOISTER
President Trump deliberately focused on winning the swing
states and his campaigning paid off at the end.
No, he stole the election. Hillary won the election but because you have
mommy issues, you deny the facts.
mg
2018-12-03 03:05:38 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-01/trump-last-president
Excerpts:

"Authored by John Wilder via Wilder, Wealthy, And Wise blog"

"Before the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, California was
reliability Republican. After that law passed, California dived
quickly into the Leftist camp – the primary driver being the rise of
first generation citizens being allowed to vote – a group that
strongly skews Leftist, by 3 to 1 or more. When I was a kid,
California was a shining economic model of progress. Now it’s a
poster-child for income inequality and poverty. So California’s got
that going for it."

"If every future election has a foregone conclusion, that leaves the
President as a single party leader of the Left. And in Washington
D.C. the Left has been consistently more disciplined on voting, though
they do tend to form circular firing squads on policy. Given the thin
Senate majority now, another decade of demographic change might allow
truly uniform and consolidated power as all legislative bodies are
captured along with the Presidency. And at that point the United
States is a de facto single party state, with a minority party that is
just for show. A list of single party states that look like this
includes such human rights wonders and great vacation spots as Turkey,
South Africa, Venezuela and Zimbabwe. I mean, who wouldn’t love to
live in those places?"
El Castor
It's also a recipe for a 2nd Civil War.
mg
2018-12-03 15:19:49 UTC
On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 01:40:34 -0800, El Castor
[...]
Thank God America currently has two separate, independent political
parties representing the people:

1. Donald Trump

2. The Democrat/Republican Establishment party.

:-)

If you don’t read newspapers, you’re
uninformed. If you do read newspapers,
you’re misinformed
-- Mark Twain
El Castor
2018-12-03 20:45:20 UTC
[...]
We need more politicians like Trump -- willing to think outside the
box. Nice Mark Twain quote, BTW. (-8
Josh Rosenbluth
I seldom use Trump and think in the same sentence.
El Castor
2018-12-06 00:17:49 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Thank God America currently has two separate, independent political
1. Donald Trump
2. The Democrat/Republican Establishment party.
:-)
If you don’t read newspapers, you’re
uninformed. If you do read newspapers,
you’re misinformed
-- Mark Twain
We need more politicians like Trump -- willing to think outside the
box. Nice Mark Twain quote, BTW. (-8
I seldom use Trump and think in the same sentence.
I know. You must miss those intellectual giants, Obama and Hillary.
Very sad. )-8
Josh Rosenbluth
I do. I'd even take Ted Cruz over Trump.
El Castor
Careful. You know that old Chinese saying.
mg
2018-12-05 19:53:32 UTC
On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 12:45:20 -0800, El Castor
[...]
I've never studied the history of mass movements, except that I did
read the book, The True Believer, by Eric Hoffer, about 60 years ago,
as I recall.

However, I think that's what was happening before Trump won the
election. There was a vast mass movement going on, in Europe and
America, with both political parties participating and pushing it
along, without much opposition by anybody. The mass movement was about
globalism, and open borders, and anti-nationalism, and was also about
identity politics and mass immigration and multiculturalism and
learning to hate police officers and name calling and learning to love
Muslims (while at the same time killing them by the hundreds of
thousands, if not millions).

Then along came Donald Trump. If he hadn't have came along, I don't
know what would have happened, but I'm glad he did. I've never liked
mass movements where people throw the baby out with the bath water and
then embark on a brave-new world of behavior as though they have
suddenly joined some weird religious cult that no one has never heard
of.

The American people needed to be de-programmed and I think that's
basically what Trump is all about, but I have no idea how successful
he will be. The 2020 election will be interesting . . . .

--------------------------------------
You're not allowed to call them
dinosaurs any more, said Yo-less.
"You have to call them pre-petroleum
persons.
-- Terry Pratchett, Johnny and the Bomb
Josh Rosenbluth
2018-12-05 20:44:37 UTC
On 12/5/2018 11:53 AM, mg wrote:

{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
The results will be *the* critical test as to whether your (in my view,
deeply flawed) vision of politics will move ahead or die. If Trump's
approval ratings remain at about 43% in the fall of 2020, he will almost
certainly lose barring the Democrats nominating an even more unpopular
candidate.
El Castor
2018-12-06 00:24:05 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
Are you a supporter of Ocasio-Cortez? Who do you favor for our next
prez? Joe Biden, Ocasio, or maybe Hillary?
Josh Rosenbluth
2018-12-06 04:57:55 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
No to Ocasio-Cortez and Clinton for sure. I'm OK, but not crazy about
Biden.
El Castor
So, who should it be? Please don't say Bernie.
Josh Rosenbluth
2018-12-06 16:19:45 UTC
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
None of the rumored Democratic candidates excites me. I will make my
mind up the old fashioned: with an open mind based on how they campaign.
California's primary is going to be on Super Tuesday (March 3) in
2020. My vote could make a difference.
mg
2018-12-06 19:54:35 UTC
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
Unlike Biden, John Kerry doesn't have a closet full of dirty laundry.
So, I'm guessing that he would make a good Democratic candidate,
although I think he would probably have the same policies as Obama &
Clinton, i.e., war, war, and more war and pro trade and pro
immigration and anti-cop. I would love to see Elizabeth Warren run,
or even Bernie, but I don't think Bernie had a coherent Social
Security plan and it doesn't look like he did a lot of clean up the
mess with the VA. Come to think of it, I don't know if Warren had a
coherent SS plan, either. Basically, the problem with any standard,
typical, ordinary Democratic candidate is that they don't stand a
chance of winning unless they cater to blacks and Mexicans and figure
out a way to get funded by the donor class. Here's an article that
says Clinton got more CEO donations than GOP candidates:
https://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/20/more-ceos-donate-to-hillary-clinton-than-to-gop.html

My all-time favorite for the perfect president, and presidential
candidate would be Tulsi Gabbard, who would probably be received by
the Washington Establishment in about the same way that Trump was.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsi_Gabbard
Josh Rosenbluth
2018-12-07 00:48:45 UTC
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
With his anti-minority, anti-immigrant, pro-tariff, isolationist,
pro-Social Security, pro-Medicare, anti-lobbyist stands, mg might be the
quintessential example of a Trump supporter. Democrats can appeal to
some of those things, but others are non-starters on principle.
El Castor
2018-12-07 01:41:59 UTC
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
Tulsi is a Bernie supporter who, although she is not of Indian
descent, converted to Hinduism as a teenager. Sounds a little strange
to me.
mg
2018-12-07 14:03:21 UTC
On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:41:59 -0800, El Castor
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
I think she probably became a Hindu because that is her mother's
religion and I think that she probably resigned from the DNC and
became a Bernie supporter because they were trying to fix the election
for Hillary.

She served two tours of duty in the Middle East, and she continues her
service as a major in the Army National guard. Joe Biden, on the other
hand, never served in the military.
El Castor
2018-12-07 21:11:12 UTC
On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:41:59 -0800, El Castor
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
I don't know much about her, and I have nothing against Hindus, but
mother (a Caucasian) or not, it did seem strange. I admit she doesn't
seem to fit any mold. Maybe more in common with Trump and Bernie than
Hillary, so I will try to keep an open mind, but the Bernie part and
her admiration of Assad worry me.
mg
2018-12-08 05:33:03 UTC
On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 13:11:12 -0800, El Castor
On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:41:59 -0800, El Castor
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
{snip}
Post by mg
[...]
In the Old Testament story of David and Goliath, the Israelites were
fighting the Philistines. One person from each army fought each other
and David killed Goliath and the Israelites won the war. If that's the
way it worked now days and Obama was going to fight Assad and Obama
was going to win and the war would be over and Syria was going to
miraculously become a first-world Christian democracy, then I would
have rooted for Obama.

That's not actually the way it works, though. The US wars in the
middle east have been going on since 2001 and US presidents avoid
military service like the plague and send kids like my grandson to
fight and die in wars that don't make any sense.

Then we wind up killing about four million Muslims since the war on
terror began, most of them innocent, non-terrorists and create the
most refugees since WWII and import a lot of them into the US to show
how humane we are.
El Castor
2018-12-08 08:41:13 UTC
On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 13:11:12 -0800, El Castor
On Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:41:59 -0800, El Castor
On Wed, 05 Dec 2018 21:57:06 -0800, El Castor
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
Post by El Castor
Post by Josh Rosenbluth
[...]