Jemele Hill tweets that new book shows US as bad as Nazi Germany
2020-08-24 11:48:49 UTC
By Frank Miles
Published 9 hours ago

Controversial liberal journalist Jemele Hill caused waves of shock on
Twitter Sunday when she tweeted that America is just as bad as Nazi
Germany.

She tweeted: “Been reading Isabel Wilkerson’s new book, ‘Caste,’ and if
you were of the opinion that the United States wasn’t nearly as bad as
Nazi Germany, how wrong you are. Can’t encourage you enough to read
this masterpiece.”

As the tweet went viral, many public figures, regardless of ideology or
ethnicity, responded with outrage over her analogy.

David Hookstead of The Daily Caller said: “Imagine living in this kind
of delusional fantasyland.”

Inez Stepman of the Independent Women's Forum said: "As someone whose
family lived (and some not) through both Nazi and Communist regimes
this is absolutely disgusting and @jemelehill, if you spent one month
in a real authoritarian state you would come crying back here to kiss
the ground you walked on in the USA.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jemele-hill-tweets-that-new-book-shows-us-as-bad-as-nazi-germany
me
2020-08-24 14:02:38 UTC
The country is accelerating in that trajectory. http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
Johnny
2020-08-24 14:07:55 UTC
On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 07:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
El Castor
2020-08-24 19:36:21 UTC
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
Johnny
2020-08-24 19:48:19 UTC
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
But the president has mentioned it. He is for law and order, and I
believe it will benefit him, not the democrats, when it's time to vote.

I hope the democrats remain silent while the cities burn.
El Castor
2020-08-24 21:17:19 UTC
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
But the president has mentioned it. He is for law and order, and I
believe it will benefit him, not the democrats, when it's time to vote.
I hope the democrats remain silent while the cities burn.
Their silence is understandable. It's not Republicans looting and
burning stores and throwing bricks at the police -- it's their
supporters.
islander
2020-08-24 22:29:39 UTC
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
Several speakers on the first night brought up the demonstrations
against police brutality including how the actions of the Trump
administration precipitated violence. Sanders, in particular, described
four crises, one of which was the public demand for action against
police brutality. Don't you think it is about time that we started
doing something about root causes?
Johnny
2020-08-24 23:18:25 UTC
On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 15:29:39 -0700
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large
cities are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
Several speakers on the first night brought up the demonstrations
against police brutality including how the actions of the Trump
administration precipitated violence. Sanders, in particular,
described four crises, one of which was the public demand for action
against police brutality. Don't you think it is about time that we
started doing something about root causes?
So they only mentioned the riots and looting to blame it on Trump.

Did anyone say the violent protesters should be arrested?
Josh Rosenbluth
2020-08-24 23:30:32 UTC
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
Several speakers on the first night brought up the demonstrations
against police brutality including how the actions of the Trump
administration precipitated violence.  Sanders, in particular, described
four crises, one of which was the public demand for action against
police brutality.  Don't you think it is about time that we started
doing something about root causes?
Jeff's complaint is the Democrats won't categorically condemn looters.
It's one of distractions Trump hopes sticks against Biden (if nothing
does, Biden will win). Unfortunately for Trump and Jeff, just like the
charge that Biden supports defunding the police, the charge isn't true.
Biden condemned the looters in late May, and it will be very easy for
him to do so when pressed during the campaign.
El Castor
2020-08-25 01:05:07 UTC
Post by me
The country is accelerating in that trajectory.
http://www.endit.info/Cycle.shtml
The people rioting and burning the business districts in large cities
are causing it.
I understand that there has not been so much as a mention in the
Democrat convention about the riots and looting.
Several speakers on the first night brought up the demonstrations
against police brutality including how the actions of the Trump
administration precipitated violence. Sanders, in particular, described
four crises, one of which was the public demand for action against
police brutality. Don't you think it is about time that we started
doing something about root causes?
Root causes? If by that you mean lack of support for the police and
their struggle against rampant criminality, then we certainly should
do something -- support the police and arrest the thieving Marxists
and Anarchists. As for myself, I'l be buying a shotgun. I have
researched the subject and have settled on a 20 gauge Stevens Model
320, part #22438, MSRP $246. Bird shot seems the way to go.

While researching I read an interesting account of a man who was
leaving town and helped his soon to be former girl friend buy a
shotgun for home defense. He cautioned her not to shoot an intruder --
just scream get out, get out, get out, and then shoot a piece of
furniture she didn't like. She later encountered an intruder,
screamed, and fired the gun. the police arrested him in the hospital
where he was getting 600 stitches. She didn't shoot him, he jumped out
a plate glass window. (-8

BTW ...
"From the FBI's Universal Crime Report in 2014; 90% of Black people
killed were killed by other Black people”
https://abcnews.go.com/US/black-black-crime-loaded-controversial-phrase-heard-amid/story?id=72051613

My wife worked with a Black man she liked very much. He lived in a
predominantly Black neighborhood in Richmond California. One day he
was standing in front of his home and was shot dead.

Here's an interesting Wikipedia piece about the principle high school
in Richmond California, Richmond High -- a predominantly Black and
Hispanic school.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Richmond_High_School_gang_rape

Oh, and ...
"Shootings soar 205 percent after NYPD disbands anti-crime unit"
https://nypost.com/2020/07/04/shootings-soar-205-percent-after-nypd-disbands-anti-crime-unit/
islander
2020-08-25 14:36:21 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Trump is exploiting fear. It is a classic tactic, often used by
politicians. It works especially well among vulnerable old white
populations. Try not to shoot yourself or your wife with that shotgun.
El Castor
2020-08-25 18:36:07 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Do you own insurance on your house and car? I have a wicked sharp
sword that my father brought back from the Pacific during WWII. Gosh,
I've never cut myself. I've owned two revolvers and a shotgun -- all
inherited, and I gave them away. Never felt a need, but now thanks to
your screaming left wing mobs and looters I'm not so sure.
islander
2020-08-25 23:28:43 UTC
Post by me
[...]
I've owned guns all my life, but never felt the need to use them for
self defense. Only used them to kill vermin attacking my livestock.

I think that you are fodder for Trump's fear mongering. "Be afraid, be
very afraid!"
El Castor
2020-08-26 06:09:56 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Have you noticed what is going on in Seattle and Portland? An idiot
cop shoots a Black man and Kenosha Wisconsin is "ravaged by looting
and fires". How is a rampaging mob an appropriate response? In a
civilized society the remedy for that lawless cop lies in the courts,
not thieves rampaging the streets smashing street lights, looting and
burning small businesses, and destroying dozens of cars. Are you aware
that one of the founders of Black Lives Matter has described herself
as a "trained Marxist"?

"What will you do when the mob shows up at your front door?"
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/24/what-will-you-do-when-the-mob-shows-up-at-your-fro/
islander
2020-08-26 15:28:09 UTC
Post by me
[...]
How does one understand why someone would burn down their own
neighborhood? What prompts them to do something so self-destructive?
I support rule-of-law and certainly do not condone rioting, looting, and
burning and I have struggled to understand why it happens. I'm not
satisfied with the explanation that it is the actions of a few and I
despair at the damage that is done to the cause of those who are
peacefully demonstrating. So, how do you reconcile that?

Here is a video that is worth watching. It takes only 6.4 minutes, but
listen as the tone of her voice changes. This is the best explanation
that I have found to explain the "why" of it. It is tragic and sad, but
beyond all the rhetoric about law and order. This is frustration that
is pushed to the brink of violence and I cannot see a solution to this
without solving the underlying problems that cause it in the first place.

Johnny
2020-08-26 15:50:39 UTC
On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 08:28:09 -0700
http://youtu.be/sb9_qGOa9Go
I don't use youtube. What are the underlying causes?
El Castor
2020-08-26 19:50:55 UTC
Post by me
[...]
I just posted my thoughts on the same subject in a different thread.
Here it is again. I wish we could agree on this, but I doubt we ever
will ...

African Homo Sapiens (we are all Homo Sapiens) evolved in an
environment in which survival and reproduction required strength and
athleticism. They tend to be great athletes, but with median IQs of 85
are not well suited to do well in much of a modern technological
society. With few employment opportunities many turn to crime, and
sometimes rebel violently out of ignorance and frustration. That said,
many of the most violent demonstrators are White. They are often
motivated by an enchantment with Marxism, and in my opinion are far
more dangerous to themselves and others.

Blacks can be helped by strict border control and laws and policies
that encourage opportunities in the kind of jobs they are best
equipped to perform. Just as importantly we must support and
encourage marriage and families in the Black community. Liberalism has
done just the opposite. Liberals encourage immigration of somewhat
more intelligent Hispanics, self selected hard workers who have filled
many of the jobs that could have been filled by our own Black men and
women. Liberal policies have made single motherhood attractive to
unemployed Black women, and in doing so have destroyed the Black
family, which at one time flourished. Black male children lacking the
guidance and example of a father figure, do not yearn to establish
their own family, and instead often turn to a life of crime.

What to do about those White Marxists? Marxists only seem capable of
learning from brief periods of success, followed by complete and utter
failure. Lots of people are doomed to die in the process.
islander
2020-08-26 21:22:00 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Nothing new in your thinking here. I thought that you might be able to
feel some sense of empathy from the video, but I was mistaken.
El Castor
2020-08-26 22:28:10 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Didn't look at the video, but where is your empathy for Blacks who
can't find a job because of those 11 or 12 million Hispanics aliens
who took their jobs. I have nothing against those Hispanics, but our
duty and debt is to our Black fellow Americans. They don't benefit
from empathetic handouts. They need the pride and sense of self worth
derived from work and an occupation and the social stability of
family. I'm sure you read my post about the Black woman my wife tried
to train -- on welfare, five children, and never been married.

BTW -- Just watched the video. And NO! Black poverty is NOT a product
of racism -- it's 85, illegal immigration, and people like yourself
paying Black women to have children out of wedlock. So what's the
answer? Free BMWs for everyone with African genetics? No way! It's
jobs and intact families! Think we should have a higher minimum wage?
I'm good with that. If you have a better idea, please share.
islander
2020-08-27 22:15:31 UTC
Post by me
[...]
I'm afraid that there are no easy solutions. I doubt, however, that
Trump's continuing efforts to divide us is helping. I'm no fan of
Nixon, but I think he was dead on when he said, "When the action is hot,
keep the rhetoric cool." We need to bring people together rather than
to further divide us with calls for yet more "law and order." We also
need someone who can put white supremacists back under whatever rock
they crawled out from under. We don't need more impressionable young
white men with semiautomatic long guns like Kyle Rittenhouse.
El Castor
2020-08-28 06:09:52 UTC
Post by me
[...]
Can you agree that halting or restricting the influx of Central
American labor would be a constructive move in that it would
significantly widen job opportunities for African Americans? How about
returning manufacturing lost to China to the United States? Job
opportunities for all Americans, especially African Americans.

Can you also agree that the welfare system and public housing is
largely responsible for the precipitous decline in African American
marriage. No, I am not suggesting the end of welfare, but what I am
suggesting is that 75% African American single parenting is a source
of guaranteed poverty and fatherless children maturing into a life of
poverty and crime. This is a serious problem deserving of serious
thought and most importantly, recognition.
Post by islander
I doubt, however, that
Trump's continuing efforts to divide us is helping. I'm no fan of
Nixon, but I think he was dead on when he said, "When the action is hot,
keep the rhetoric cool." We need to bring people together rather than
to further divide us with calls for yet more "law and order." We also
need someone who can put white supremacists back under whatever rock
they crawled out from under. We don't need more impressionable young
white men with semiautomatic long guns like Kyle Rittenhouse.
Divide? That has a strange ring to it after four years of portraying
Trump as a tool of Russia (among a variety of other things), and
devoting most of those four years to trying to impeach him. Pelosi and
company are not exactly in the business of unifying the country.
The riots and looting were largely motivated by ANTIFA and Black Lives
Matter -- not exactly benevolent organizations -- more precisely
things of the far Left -- possibly little more than domestic Marxist
revolutionaries.

BTW -- At 1 min 12 sec Patrisse Cullors describes herself and another
Black Lives Matter founder as "trained Marxists".

islander
2020-08-28 14:42:13 UTC
===[snip]---
Post by islander
I'm afraid that there are no easy solutions.
Can you agree that halting or restricting the influx of Central
American labor would be a constructive move in that it would
significantly widen job opportunities for African Americans? How about
returning manufacturing lost to China to the United States? Job
opportunities for all Americans, especially African Americans.
No. You seem to be arguing that jobs are interchangeable. I doubt that
they are. Workers from Mexico and Latin American countries undoubtedly
have a big impact on agriculture, but in the cases were companies were
denied that labor, there has been no influx of African American workers
to fill the gap. Why is that? As to returning manufacturing jobs lost
to China, I have already expressed my opinion on the reason for
outsourcing those jobs, laying the responsibility at the feet of
corporations seeking short term economic advantage.
Can you also agree that the welfare system and public housing is
largely responsible for the precipitous decline in African American
marriage. No, I am not suggesting the end of welfare, but what I am
suggesting is that 75% African American single parenting is a source
of guaranteed poverty and fatherless children maturing into a life of
poverty and crime. This is a serious problem deserving of serious
thought and most importantly, recognition.
There have been some major mistakes made in the destruction of
neighborhoods, replacing them with sterile, unsafe towers. I will
concede that. However, if you are suggesting that providing TANF and
SNAP benefits is promoting single parenting, how do you propose to
eliminate the chronic problems of child poverty that perpetuates the
cycle? Yes, American families should not be penalized for having a male
figure in the household, but that problem should be addressed at a more
fundamental level, not by making things more difficult for single
mothers. This is a social problem, not an economic problem.
Post by islander
[...]
Can you honestly say that Trump does not promote division between racial
and ethnic groups? I think that he promotes divisions to create
situations that open political opportunities for himself.
As to Antifa and BLM, here is what the NYT said this morning:
"The Justice Department has indicted scores of people for rioting and
related crimes, but the department’s latest compilation of criminal
charges related to the nation’s ongoing protests does not include
members of Black Lives Matter or antifa, the loose coalition of
self-described anti-fascist activists. While local authorities in some
parts of the country have accused members of Antifa of committing
crimes, the government has brought charges against men who are
associated with Boogaloo, a loose coalition of radical right-wing,
antigovernment activists, some of whom believe that it is their duty to
take up arms to avoid a white genocide."
It appears that there are white supremacists who are actively working to
promote civil unrest in order to create white backlash.
http://youtu.be/IJ7z3CmANv0
El Castor
2020-08-28 18:42:47 UTC
===[snip]---
Post by islander
[...]
Here in California a meal isn't cooked, a car washed, house cleaned,
lawn mowed, tree cut down, house painted, roof fixed, or fence post
replaced unless it is done by an Hispanic. I'm also seeing many behind
cash registers, waiting on tables, etc. Several years ago I was in a
local hardware store that catered to contractors and noticed a book
for sale on the counter -- 1,000 Construction Phrases in Spanish.

African Americans don't do those jobs for a variety of reasons -- one
being that those Hispanics are on the whole a bit smarter than the
Blacks they replaced and they came here specifically to work. They are
hard workers and do a good job. That isn't the point. The point is
that they have displaced African Americans to whom we frankly owe the
opportunity of a good productive life.

There is another job issue that involves another kind of immigration
-- manufacturing's immigration to Asia. Black men and women can fill
many of those manufacturing jobs, but only if the jobs exist. The
world is changing. Returning manufacturing to the United States is
essential. Do we want to be a nation of farmers filling China's bread
basket? I hope not.
Post by islander
[...]
There are no easy answers, and there never will be until we admit the
nature of the problem we face. This certainly is an economic and
political issue, as well as being a highly social one. Black children
are being raised without a dad they can look up to, or a father's
trade they can admire and pursue. The girls look forward to a single
parent life of leisure in project housing, and the boys are often
guided by the drug dealer on the corner -- a substitute father figure.

This is a social issue that will never be dealt with unless we (and
that includes you) admit that there is a serious problem that can no
longer be ignored.
[...]
White supremacists? Wishful thinking. Maybe a few, but an
inconsequential few. You may be delighted by this, but the younger
generations are enchanted by socialism.

"New poll finds 70% of millennials say they're "likely" to vote for a
socialist"
https://www.salon.com/2019/10/29/new-poll-finds-70-of-millennials-say-theyre-likely-to-vote-for-a-socialist/

Those socialist millenials are fodder for Antifa and no doubt comprise
the heart of White "protestors" in Seattlle, Portland, and beyond.
http://youtu.be/IJ7z3CmANv0
islander
2020-08-28 19:13:39 UTC
===[snip]---
Post by islander
[...]
I agree that we own African Americans the opportunity of a good
productive life. The question is, how do we accomplish that? Perhaps
we should begin by assuring them equal rights under the law. While that
would be a good start, IMV, we have some very serious problems to solve
in a population that has been denied basic human rights for over 300
years. You cannot fix that with band-aids.
Post by El Castor
There is another job issue that involves another kind of immigration
-- manufacturing's immigration to Asia. Black men and women can fill
many of those manufacturing jobs, but only if the jobs exist. The
world is changing. Returning manufacturing to the United States is
essential. Do we want to be a nation of farmers filling China's bread
basket? I hope not.
As the world moves to automated manufacturing, transporting products for
thousands of miles doesn't make economic sense. The final frontier of
manufacturing is likely to be decided by enforcement of the very human
and environmental rights that Trump is attempting to eliminate. While
we still have a domestic market, we should use that to our advantage by
denying sales of products by companies that violate our regulations
[...]
If we have learned nothing else in this pandemic it should be that
political and economic issues are made worse by social issues. We need
to solve the social issues before we have any hope of solving the more
obvious problems.
Post by El Castor
This is a social issue that will never be dealt with unless we (and
that includes you) admit that there is a serious problem that can no
longer be ignored.
I agree that we have and have had a serious social problem that has
become worse.
[...]
Yet the Trump Department of Justice has found little reason to arrest
Antifa members. How do you explain that? Perhaps Trump likes being
able to use them as a political foil?
http://youtu.be/IJ7z3CmANv0
El Castor
2020-08-28 20:32:22 UTC
===[snip]---
Post by islander
[...]
Equal rights under the law? How do African Americans not have equal
rights under the law? Please, some specifics.
There is another job issue that involves another kind of immigration
-- manufacturing's immigration to Asia. Black men and women can fill
many of those manufacturing jobs, but only if the jobs exist. The
world is changing. Returning manufacturing to the United States is
essential. Do we want to be a nation of farmers filling China's bread
basket? I hope not.
As the world moves to automated manufacturing, transporting products for
thousands of miles doesn't make economic sense. The final frontier of
manufacturing is likely to be decided by enforcement of the very human
and environmental rights that Trump is attempting to eliminate. While
we still have a domestic market, we should use that to our advantage by
denying sales of products by companies that violate our regulations
We should extend US regulations to apply to the rest of the world? We
change this or that law, and they must make the same change? Yikes!
That is an absolutely ridiculous idea, and one that would result in
universal outrage around the globe.

BTW -- Could you please list the specific human rights that "Trump is
attempting to eliminate"?
Post by El Castor
This is a social issue that will never be dealt with unless we (and
that includes you) admit that there is a serious problem that can no
longer be ignored.
I agree that we have and have had a serious social problem that has
become worse.
Specifically what social problem?
[...]
"FBI Officially Designates Antifa ‘Domestic Terrorist Organization’"
https://newspunch.com/fbi-antifa-domestic-terrorists/

"FBI has opened 300 'domestic terror' investigations as a result of
riots, attorney tells Capitol hearing on Antifa"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fbi-has-opened-300-domestic-terror-investigations-as-a-result-of-riots-attorney-tells-capitol-hearing-on-antifa/ar-BB17zizo

"The president and his top officials, including Attorney General
William Barr and national security adviser Robert O’Brien, have blamed
antifa for violence and property damage. In an on-camera statement
Saturday, Barr said the Justice Department wouldn’t hesitate to
prosecute people who crossed state lines to participate in violence,
citing his authorities under anti-riot legislation."
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/31/trump-antifa-terrorist-organization-legal-292785

"Seven Antifa militants face federal charges after arrests in
Portland"
https://thepostmillennial.com/seven-antifa-militants-arrested-in-portland

"Report: Antifa Hunted Down, Rounded up and Arrested By FBI in Texas"
https://www.waynedupree.com/2020/06/antifa-texas-target-arrest/

"FBI Arrests Antifa Member Who Was Organizer of Effort to Take Down
Andrew Jackson Statue"
https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/07/02/fbi-arrests-antifa-member-who-was-organizer-of-effort-to-take-down-statue-of-andrew-jackson/

"Portland goes eerily silent after reports the FBI is hot on Antifa’s
tail"
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/28/portland-goes-eerily-silent-after-reports-the-fbi-is-hot-on-antifas-tail-965562

"Antifa Ringleader Says ‘Playtime is Over’ After Being Raided by FBI
Swat Team"
https://newspunch.com/antifa-ringleader-playtime-over-after-raided-fbi-swat-team/

Etc.
http://youtu.be/IJ7z3CmANv0
islander
2020-08-29 13:53:43 UTC
BTW -- Could you please list the specific human rights that "Trump is
attempting to eliminate"?
Columbia Law School has done a pretty good job of cataloging the human
rights violations of the Trump Administration, at least through last fall:
https://trumphumanrightstracker.law.columbia.edu/

Since then, there have been numerous examples of Trump's attempts to
prevent the rights of Americans to peacefully assemble, most notably the
illegal dispersal of demonstrators on Jun 1 in Lafayette Square so that
Trump could have a photo-op at St. John's Episcopal Church.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/washington-dc-protest-white-house-george-floyd/2020/06/01/6b193d1c-a3c9-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html
El Castor
2020-08-29 18:07:06 UTC
BTW -- Could you please list the specific human rights that "Trump is
attempting to eliminate"?
Columbia Law School has done a pretty good job of cataloging the human
https://trumphumanrightstracker.law.columbia.edu/
Since then, there have been numerous examples of Trump's attempts to
prevent the rights of Americans to peacefully assemble, most notably the
illegal dispersal of demonstrators on Jun 1 in Lafayette Square so that
Trump could have a photo-op at St. John's Episcopal Church.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/washington-dc-protest-white-house-george-floyd/2020/06/01/6b193d1c-a3c9-11ea-bb20-ebf0921f3bbd_story.html
We could endlessly debate the rights, or lack thereof, of non-citizen
illegal immigrants, but you did not respond to my question regarding
your statement concerning the rights of African American US citizens.

You said: "I agree that we own African Americans the opportunity of a
good productive life. The question is, how do we accomplish that?
Perhaps we should begin by assuring them equal rights under the law."

I replied: "Equal rights under the law? How do African Americans not
have equal rights under the law? Please, some specifics."
islander
2020-08-30 15:11:59 UTC
[...]
OK, start with the fundamental rights defined in the Bill of Rights, the
rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Life: We are in the middle of an epidemic of police shootings of Africa
Americans. Surely, you are aware of the number of recent examples of
use of excessive force that is the focus of innumerable demonstrations
across the country. The number of examples of egregious abuse by police
resulting in loss of life with no fear of prosecution has become a major
factor in political unrest.

Liberty: It is well documented that black men do not receive the same
justice as white men and that is reflected in incarceration rates.
Hell, imprisonment without due process is rampant in jails across the
country due to de facto discrimination in how bail is imposed.

Pursuit of Happiness: African Americans continue to be paid less than
whites and hold jobs that are the first to be lost in any economic
downturn. Parents of black teenagers have "that talk" with their sons
in order to prevent harassment and worse by police. "Driving while
black" is well understood as an example of how black me are denied the
same freedoms that are taken for granted by whites.
Johnny
I consider everything you said a lie.
El Castor
2020-08-30 19:54:18 UTC
[...]
Police are required to go where the crime is, and crime is rampant in
the Black community.

I grew up in Oakland and I can assure you that homes in predominantly
Black neighborhoods routinely have bars on the windows. Those bars are
required to defend against Black burglars. Bars on Orcas windows? Of
course not.

"According to the FBI’s uniform crime-reporting data for 2016, 90.1
percent of black victims of homicide were killed by other blacks"
https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never-talk-about-black-on-black-crime-an-answer-1819092337

Blacks comprise 13% of the population but 43% of the police killed are
killed by Blacks.
"There were 511 officers killed in felonious incidents and 540
offenders from 2004 to 2013, according to FBI reports. Among the total
offenders, 52 percent were white, and 43 percent were black."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/09/are-black-or-white-offenders-more-likely-to-kill-police/

Are we seeing a fear of persecution or a desire to be left alone to
deal drugs, engage in prostitution, steal, and assault? Clearly it is
the latter.
Post by islander
Liberty: It is well documented that black men do not receive the same
justice as white men and that is reflected in incarceration rates.
Hell, imprisonment without due process is rampant in jails across the
country due to de facto discrimination in how bail is imposed.
Pursuit of Happiness: African Americans continue to be paid less than
whites and hold jobs that are the first to be lost in any economic
downturn. Parents of black teenagers have "that talk" with their sons
in order to prevent harassment and worse by police. "Driving while
black" is well understood as an example of how black me are denied the
same freedoms that are taken for granted by whites.
If Blacks wish to live in peaceful neighborhoods and avoid law
enforcement and the criminal justice system they should obey the law
and not engage in criminal activity. US Asians have been the subject
of rampant discrimination. The Chinese Exclusion Act. Internment of
120,000 Japanese during WWII -- 62% of whom were US citizens. And yet
today 35.4% of undergraduate students in UC Bekeley are Asian, and
3.7% Black. The Stanford faculty is 18% Asian and 2% Black.
Discrimination, or something else?

What separates Asian success from Black poverty and crime? IQ -- You
know it, but you won't accept it. What is the answer or solution? I
don't know, but I do know that pretending that discrimination is the
reason for Black failure in a modern technological society and economy
is a way of avoiding the truth.
islander
2020-08-31 15:16:35 UTC
Post by islander
[...]
There is obviously a problem with crime in the US. The question here is
whether we have been successfully reducing crime, how do we measure that
success, and why is the crime rate higher in the black population.
There are roughly 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US and of that
number, only 48 officers died as a result of felonious acts as reported
by the FBI for 2019.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2019-statistics-on-law-enforcement-officers-killed-in-the-line-of-duty
That strikes me as an amazingly low death rate, tragic of course, but
there are many professions that are much more dangerous. I suspect that
the "fear of death" excuse used to justify excessive force is probably
overblown.

A major problem is in the reporting of the use of excessive force. It
is to be expected that there is a natural conflict of interest in the
reporting. To this end, there are organizations that attempt to
independently compile data. The Washington Post Fatal Force project,
started in 2015, is the best known attempt to document the number of
people who have been shot and killed by police and they conclude that
1,016 people have been shot and killed by police in the past year.
Unfortunately this data does not include killings that did not involve
the use of a firearm, so there are many killings that go uncounted.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/?_ga=2.48343842.526158382.1598832342-1283811584.1597274000

What are the most dangerous places? In the analysis that I did in 2007
and updated in 2018, violent crime as reported by the FBI (2015) was
highest in conservative states, most notably in the SE with the
exceptions of New Mexico, Nevada, Alaska and Tennessee, all of which
have rates over 600 per 100,000. Where is the murder capital of the US?
That would be Louisiana with a murder rate of over 10 per 100,000.
Checking the latest figures, Louisiana continues to have the highest
murder rate at 14.4 per 100,000. Alabama and Mississippi follow closely
behind at 12.9 and 12.7 respectively.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/murder-rate-by-state

There is a long and bitter controversy over "law and order" vs. "protect
and serve" as appropriate roles for police. What we have seen over a
long history is that oppressive behavior by police is resented by the
populace and can result in opposition, often tragically violent, against
that oppression. Politicians are quick to use fear as a tactic to
characterize the oppressed as dangerous and to justify increased force
as a political ploy to win support. This is exactly what is going on
now.
https://longreads.com/2017/04/06/the-bitter-history-of-law-and-order-in-america/

Frankly, I think that it is time to tone down the testosterone and to
find ways to cool the rhetoric. Unfortunately, in this election year,
I'm afraid that we are going to see things get worse before cooler heads
can prevail.
El Castor
2020-08-31 21:04:43 UTC
Post by islander
[...]
How many were wounded, maimed or the subject of a near miss -- many
more I would guess. How many police have had the occasion to so much
as speak to you? Policearehuman like the rest of us. Theyhave the
right to defend themselves. If criminals test that right, the risk is
theirs. I would remind you that George Floyd, the criminal that has
become a hero to some of us, served several years in prison for
forcing his way into a woman's home and holding a gun to her pregnant
abdomen while his friends ransacked her home. If he had used
"excessive force" and fired that gun would you know or even care.
Probably not. It would not have suited your political needs.
Post by islander
[...]
Oh please. If you seek areas riddled with crime, you know very well
that you need look no further than Black and Hispanic neighborhoods --
PERIOD!. Quite a coincidence that you chose to retire on a lily White
island. If you are looking to leave the island life I would be glad to
help you find a delightful neighborhood in my old home town, Oakland.
My Cambodian friend just put his Richmond home on the
market.Interested?
Post by islander
There is a long and bitter controversy over "law and order" vs. "protect
and serve" as appropriate roles for police. What we have seen over a
long history is that oppressive behavior by police is resented by the
populace and can result in opposition, often tragically violent, against
that oppression. Politicians are quick to use fear as a tactic to
characterize the oppressed as dangerous and to justify increased force
as a political ploy to win support. This is exactly what is going on
now.
https://longreads.com/2017/04/06/the-bitter-history-of-law-and-order-in-america/
Frankly, I think that it is time to tone down the testosterone and to
find ways to cool the rhetoric. Unfortunately, in this election year,
I'm afraid that we are going to see things get worse before cooler heads
can prevail.
Talk to your co-religionists in Antifa and the increasingly Marxist
millenials of the Left about that. There are very few Republicans
running through the streets breaking windows, setting fires, and
looting stores.
islander
2020-09-01 00:02:45 UTC
Post by islander
[...]
How long before Trump calls out the Brownshirts? Oh, that's right. He
already has.
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/04/870048760/no-names-no-insignias-democrats-call-for-anonymous-policing-of-protests-to-end
El Castor
2020-09-01 06:44:34 UTC
Post by islander
[...]
"In 1921, Adolf Hitler formally organized some of the right-wing thugs
who had been fighting on the streets into a paramilitary organization
dubbed the Sturmabteiling (SA) which literally translates to Storm
Unit. This paramilitary would come to be known informally as the
“Brownshirts”"

Those Brownshirts sound very much like the left wing thugs who call
themselves Antifa. The Brownshirts of your party? Certainly sounds
like it to me.

The men (and women?) Trump has patrolling the streets of Washington
are all federal employees -- a mixture of FBI, corrections officers,
and I suppose others, but all on the federal payroll. If your Marxists
behaved themselves they wouldn't even know they were there. The
option, uniformed National Guard seems unnecessary, but should Antifa
and company start their usual rioting and burning I'm sure the
National Guard would be the next step.

me
2020-08-25 18:40:52 UTC
Evidently Dem gov in Dem voting cities failed to police their police.