white & Black
2021-01-08 07:57:13 UTC
Recently noticed that in articles dealing with race our local
newspaper always capitalizes Black, but white is lower case. It seems
this practice is pretty well standardized throughout the industry --
at least the Left leaning wing of the industry. The NY Times has
cooked up a convoluted reason for this nonsense, but the real reason,
racial pandering, is patently obvious, at least to some of us.

"Why We’re Capitalizing Black"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/05/insider/capitalized-black.html
Johnny
2021-01-08 14:43:26 UTC
On Thu, 07 Jan 2021 23:57:13 -0800
Post by El Castor
Recently noticed that in articles dealing with race our local
newspaper always capitalizes Black, but white is lower case. It seems
this practice is pretty well standardized throughout the industry --
at least the Left leaning wing of the industry. The NY Times has
cooked up a convoluted reason for this nonsense, but the real reason,
racial pandering, is patently obvious, at least to some of us.
"Why We’re Capitalizing Black"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/05/insider/capitalized-black.html
From the article:

...white doesn’t represent a shared culture and history in the way
Black does, and also has long been capitalized by hate groups.

Your reason makes more sense.

What is black culture?

Why don't white people have shared culture and history.

Why does it matter that hate groups capitalize white? I'm sure black
hate groups capitalize black.