I'M GOING TO BE HERE NOW
%
2021-02-28 14:41:35 UTC
.

so you guys have to be glad
El Castor
2021-02-28 20:07:40 UTC
Post by %
.
so you guys have to be glad
Welcome, but the way this group is going you may be the only one here
now.
Johnny
2021-02-28 20:37:00 UTC
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 12:07:40 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by %
.
so you guys have to be glad
Welcome, but the way this group is going you may be the only one here
now.
When Trump was president there was plenty to talk about. Now that
Biden is president, the liberals are silent.

You are right though, this group is almost finished.

I've been thinking of inviting people I know from other groups to post
here, but I'm afraid it will just bring more trolls. I'm sure anyone
looking at this group for the first time will think it's not worth
reading because of all the junk posts here.
El Castor
2021-03-01 00:06:47 UTC
Post by El Castor
Post by %
.
so you guys have to be glad
Welcome, but the way this group is going you may be the only one here
now.
When Trump was president there was plenty to talk about. Now that
Biden is president, the liberals are silent.
You are right though, this group is almost finished.
I've been thinking of inviting people I know from other groups to post
here, but I'm afraid it will just bring more trolls. I'm sure anyone
looking at this group for the first time will think it's not worth
reading because of all the junk posts here.
I started posting here more than 20 years ago. At that time it was
very active, but I've watched it gradually decline. At one time Usenet
was the Facebook, Twiitter, and tech forum of the Internet. Now it has
become a backwater used mainly for sharing binary files. Ask the
average Millenial if they know what Usenet is and you'll get a blank
stare. Oh well, it still has its uses, but not ones I would care to
talk about.
%
yes lets have no talking in usenet
El Castor
What would you like to get out of Usenet in addition to talking?
%
2021-03-01 01:32:47 UTC
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
.
[...]
i don't think i've ever considered what i want out of usenet ,
i got a wife out of it 25 years ago and left it at that
El Castor
Oh? So you're a troll?
%
oh definitely , one of the best , and proud of it
El Castor
Plonk
El Castor
that was cute now try plonking this
El Castor
2021-03-01 19:48:17 UTC
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
.
[...]
Just for the record folks, we are being trolled by a particularly
vicious scum bag. That last post ("that was cute now try plonking
this") was written by the assbutt troll. Adios to soc.retirement.
Should this group spring back to life I may drop by.
El Castor
there is no we , its just you , no one else is being trolled , you lied
Johnny
2021-03-01 20:46:35 UTC
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 14:37:00 -0600, Johnny
Post by Johnny
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 12:07:40 -0800
On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 07:41:35 -0700, %
Post by %
.
[...]
The only way I will see you again is if you use another news server.
I'm filtering on giganews in the headers.
%
oh well , you won't see lots of people then
El Castor
2021-03-01 21:19:53 UTC
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by %
.
[...]
I don't use Giganews, but the Troll does. I'll report him to his
provider, for all the good that would do. I filter on the author, but
as the sick ass Troll apparently knows, the news reader I use can't
filter on an author name like "%". Problem with filtering on the
server is that legit posters may use Giganews. In any event this
group is close to dead. That's a shame because we had a good thing
going for many years. Sorry to see it die.
%
just what are you going to report me for
Johnny
2021-03-01 21:29:50 UTC
On Mon, 01 Mar 2021 13:19:53 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by %
.
[...]
As far as I know, no one in this newsgroup uses Giganews.

I have tried to help keep this group going by posting articles I think
are worth talking about, but only you respond to any of them. So I
guess the other people that did post here just don't care if the group
dies. Or maybe they died.
%
2021-03-01 21:33:01 UTC
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 01 Mar 2021 13:19:53 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
.
i'd reply but i fixed it so you can't see me
El Castor
2021-03-01 22:04:12 UTC
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 01 Mar 2021 13:19:53 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by %
.
[...]
Most of the best have literally died. Being a retirement group, it
attracted the 55+ group. I first posted here when I was a couple of
years from retirement. What I didn't realize was that even back then
it was a group focused on politics, not the actual issues of
retirement. We had a lot of good people, and it was sad to see them
go. In some cases they were so involved that they left instructions
with a wife or relative to log on and inform us of their passing.

Anyhow, I appreciate your efforts, but it looks like it has come down
to you, me, Josh and Islander, with Gary dropping by occasionally. The
troll is a killer. I have no idea what motivates such a sick
personality -- probably loneliness and a need for attention.
%
2021-03-01 22:11:07 UTC
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 01 Mar 2021 13:19:53 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by %
.
[...]
if i post for attention what do you post for , to get ignored ,
anyone that posts is looking for attention
El Castor
2021-03-02 07:58:25 UTC
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 01 Mar 2021 13:19:53 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by %
.
[...]
Not attention in the way a sick personality like yours is seeking it.
I believe in what I post and I am hoping to persuade. You're just
looking to annoy and enrage. Here's a good explanation.

"Known for displaying high levels of psychopathy, narcissism, and
sadism, internet trolls get a rise out of distressing others. In fact,
they typically feel no remorse for their actions. But why? What fuels
them? For answers to these questions, check out the video below from
the folks at AsapSCIENCE on the anatomy of the modern internet troll."
https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/the-science-of-internet-trolls

Lots more where that came from, but you won't be hearing more from me.
I will not read or respond to any more of your stuff. I can delete
faster than you can write. Grow up or seek professional help.
%
2021-03-02 13:10:11 UTC
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 01 Mar 2021 13:19:53 -0800
Post by El Castor
Post by Johnny
On Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:49:46 -0700
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by El Castor
Post by %
Post by %
.
[...]
well , you were certainly easy to beat but stop seeking my attention ,
and there's no way you can delete as fast as i can post

%
2021-02-28 21:20:34 UTC
Post by %
.
so you guys have to be glad
Welcome, but the way this group is going you may be the only one here
now.
i never expected an answer