Christ Super Embarrassed About All That Stupid Shit He Said 2,000 Years Ago
Add Reply
The Man in the High Castle
2018-12-03 17:42:39 UTC
https://www.theonion.com/christ-super-embarrassed-about-all-that-stupid-shit-he-1830823851?utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR14ZCp732wQDyP7sckRO4TVELsp7o9z0CubUnucpL1V76-RZI4QUQ0QGe0
mg
2018-12-04 00:28:33 UTC
On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 18:42:39 +0100, The Man in the High Castle
Post by The Man in the High Castle
https://www.theonion.com/christ-super-embarrassed-about-all-that-stupid-shit-he-1830823851?utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR14ZCp732wQDyP7sckRO4TVELsp7o9z0CubUnucpL1V76-RZI4QUQ0QGe0
It looks like atheism/agnosticism has definitely become mainstream
now. Back in the old days in the best case scenario anyone who wrote
stuff life this would be called a heretic, or in the worst case
scenario, someone might have gone after them with a pitchfork, or
something.
Gary
2018-12-04 12:43:18 UTC
On Mon, 3 Dec 2018 18:42:39 +0100, The Man in the High Castle
Post by The Man in the High Castle
https://www.theonion.com/christ-super-embarrassed-about-all-that-stupid-shit-he-1830823851?utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR14ZCp732wQDyP7sckRO4TVELsp7o9z0CubUnucpL1V76-RZI4QUQ0QGe0
It looks like atheism/agnosticism has definitely become mainstream
stuff life this would be called a heretic, or in the worst case
scenario, someone might have gone after them with a pitchfork, or
something.
Ah, but you refer to the days when Americans had a strong culture which they loved and
lived by. Today nothing offends people because --- they think being diverse is
wonderful ! There is no single truth ! Believe what you want !

Have you ever noticed that the "true believer" and the "true non-believer" share a
similar IQ :-)
rumpelstiltskin
Where did you see that statistic?
Gary
2018-12-04 20:15:55 UTC
[...]
Just personal observation. Would a person with a high IQ make the statement ---

"There is no living creature in the universe -- except on this Earth". Which is what
a retarded atheist will say.

I -- and most non-believers -- do not say that. We simply "doubt" the existence of
deities. We have no proof they do not exist.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-05 06:09:38 UTC
[...]
Just personal observation.
Then why did you start "Have you ever noticed" and follow
that with a silly pseudo-observation that few people other
than religious dimwits would, IMV, agree with.
Post by Gary
Would a person with a high IQ make the statement ---
"There is no living creature in the universe -- except on this Earth". Which is what
a retarded atheist will say.
I've never heard of any atheist saying that. By nature,
an atheist would have to entertain the possibility of life
elsewhere. You're making stuff up, but you're not good
at it.

I did see Christopher Hitchens say in a video lately that
we haven't found any life elsewhere yet, which is a
completely - COMPLETELY! - different statement.
Post by Gary
I -- and most non-believers -- do not say that. We simply "doubt" the existence of
deities. We have no proof they do not exist.
We have no proof that Tinkerbelle doesn't exist.
There's just as much reason to believe she might
exist as there is that Jehovah might exist. I have
better things to spend my time on.
Gary
2018-12-05 13:29:39 UTC
Ah, but you refer to the days when Americans had a strong culture which they loved and
lived by. Today nothing offends people because --- they think being diverse is
wonderful ! There is no single truth ! Believe what you want !
Have you ever noticed that the "true believer" and the "true non-believer" share a
similar IQ :-)
Where did you see that statistic?
Just personal observation.
Then why did you start "Have you ever noticed" and follow
that with a silly pseudo-observation that few people other
than religious dimwits would, IMV, agree with.
My point is that some of the dumbest people I have met -- are at both ends of the
"believer" group. Those who "know there is" -- and those who "know there is not".

People of normal intelligence -- do not "claim" to know if there is -- or is not.
Infiniti -- and all in it -- are a great unknown.
Would a person with a high IQ make the statement ---
"There is no living creature in the universe -- except on this Earth". Which is what
a retarded atheist will say.
I've never heard of any atheist saying that. By nature,
an atheist would have to entertain the possibility of life
elsewhere. You're making stuff up, but you're not good
at it.
Not the ones I have met. An atheist -- like the true believer -- tends to "knoweth
all things".
Most people do. The "true believer" belongs to a small -- but vocal -- group.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-05 14:33:38 UTC
Ah, but you refer to the days when Americans had a strong culture which they loved and
lived by. Today nothing offends people because --- they think being diverse is
wonderful ! There is no single truth ! Believe what you want !
Have you ever noticed that the "true believer" and the "true non-believer" share a
similar IQ :-)
Where did you see that statistic?
Just personal observation.
Then why did you start "Have you ever noticed" and follow
that with a silly pseudo-observation that few people other
than religious dimwits would, IMV, agree with.
My point is that some of the dumbest people I have met -- are at both ends of the
"believer" group. Those who "know there is" -- and those who "know there is not".
Some street thugs call themselves "atheists" just out of
thuggishness. Other than those, I've never met a stupid
atheist. Religion doesn't come up often in conversation
in my world, but it's been a very long time since I've
heard anybody with whom I'd want to interact socially
express any religious belief, with the exception of one
guy who's on death's door who claims to have Buddhist
ideas.
Post by Gary
People of normal intelligence -- do not "claim" to know if there is -- or is not.
Infiniti -- and all in it -- are a great unknown.
Do they also reserve judgment about whether or
not Tinkerbelle is real? As I've already noted, the
evidence is the same, unless you count people
believing in things for which there is no evidence
as self-generating "evidence". Evidence doesn't
work that way, though some people apparently
think it does.
Would a person with a high IQ make the statement ---
"There is no living creature in the universe -- except on this Earth". Which is what
a retarded atheist will say.
I've never heard of any atheist saying that. By nature,
an atheist would have to entertain the possibility of life
elsewhere. You're making stuff up, but you're not good
at it.
Not the ones I have met. An atheist -- like the true believer -- tends to "knoweth
all things".
Obviously we're better at knowing things than religious
people, or more accurately "not claiming to know things
for which there is no evidence", but we don't claim to
know everything except in jest when we look at the
really stupid things many other people say they "know"
or "believe".
Gary
2018-12-06 12:53:05 UTC
Post by Gary
[...]
How about those folks -- 500 years ago -- who insisted the world was round ? There was
no "evidence" or proof. The humans could not see more than a few miles. So they had
a lot of "faith". Faith --- "A vague idea in which some confidence is placed"
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-06 18:31:50 UTC
Post by Gary
[...]
There was proof, and the great ancient civilizations knew
it. Seafaring nations could see ships gradually disappear
below the horizon, with the masts disappearing last, as
they sailed away, yet they knew those ships hadn't sunk.
Non-seafaring people could see that only the tops of
faraway hills could be seen, yet they knew that the
bottoms of those hills still existed. The Egyptians and
the Greeks and the Chinese were well aware of this.

Eratosthenes in Egypt deduced the circumference of
the Earth about 250 BC.
https://tinyurl.com/ycurpexf

The Levant, where Judaism and Christianity
originated, was unfortunately not one of those learned
civilizations, and the influence of Christianity hampered
the progress of understanding for 1500 years or more,
such that when Magellan's sailors arrived back in
Spain after circumnavigating the Earth, they were
horrified to see that they had apparently lost a day,
because the Book of Nonsense claims that the days of
our lives are numbered, so that (they believed), when
we are judged by whoever is judging in "heaven", if
we cannot account for what we did every day on
Earth, we might end up in "hell". The Pope had to
issue an "edict" or "dispensation" or something like
that, absolving the crew of responsibility, to quell their
terror.
Gary
2018-12-06 22:43:45 UTC
[...]
That's all interesting. And .... I was obviously wrong in saying ancient people did not
know. But I have not read anything on this subject for a long time.
b***@gmail.com
It was clever how they did that. They knew the sun was directly overhead on some day of the year at high noon. So, if you put a stick in the ground, there would be no shadow at high noon at that location. Now if you travel a few miles away in the direction the sun is moving either east or west and put the same stick in the ground, there will be a shadow. Probably have to do that the following year. Assuming the light rays are parallel and coming straight down, the only way to explain a shadow in one location and not the other would be due to the curvature of the Earth. Doing some geometry would yield the circumference of the Earth. But you need a very accurate clock and I don't think they had accurate clocks in those days.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-07 04:39:19 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
I remember a slightly different version of that story,
that some Greek dude noticed that in Egypt, on the
latitude now known as the "Tropic of Cancer",
sunlight shone straight down the well on the day of
midsummer. He then measured the angle at which
the light shone in Greece at midsummer, hired some
dude to walk from the Egyptian site to the Greek,
took into account the unavoidable turns in that
route, and from that data computed the difference
in angle of ground between the Egyptian and Greek
sites, and thence the Earth's circumference.
b***@gmail.com
Tinkerbell does exist. I've seen her fly over the magic castle at Disneyland many times. I had a annual pass so I could go in most days of the week. But I usually spent time listening to the rag-time piano player on Main street. And he let me play the "Maple Leaf Rag" a few times. And that was the best piano I ever played. It was fine tuned so the keys moved with no effort and were exactly on pitch. Sometimes the piano player would hit the keys so hard he would break a string and had to go on with the show missing a key or 2.
mg
2018-12-04 19:07:11 UTC
[...]
I read somewhere that atheists know more about religion than True
Believers do. At least I probably always have known more about
Mormonism than most Mormons do (at least before my brain cells started
withering on the vine), including Bishops and stake presidents. And I
would assume that knowing more translates to a higher IQ, but I
wouldn't claim that's necessarily true.

Mormonism, incidentally is what I suppose some people might call the
perfect social club; both men and women love it and both seem to
really enjoy going to church.

Having said all that, though, in the case of mass movements and
titanic cultural shifts, like are occurring right now, I think it
would be entirely possible for most of the public to shift from one
religion to another, or from traditional religion to a non-traditional
religion at a rate that is generally independent of IQ.

Right now, for example, I think there is a large mass movement away
from traditional religion and towards whatever one might call it that
Obama and Hillary have been preaching.
Gary
2018-12-04 20:20:23 UTC
[...]
Nnow that you point it out -- I do think a lot of Americans do seek a deity who is lower
and weaker that they are. Otherwise -- why would they want Earthly leaders like Hillary
and Barry ?

As someone once said: "The times, they are a changing !"
mg
2018-12-07 08:05:07 UTC
[...]
Yes, indeed. When we were kids, we used to read about history in
school and now we are experiencing it daily. The bad news is that we
are going in a bad direction. The good news is that we are
experiencing the brain washing of millions of people first hand and,
therefore, getting a first hand lesson on how it works, rather than
having to read the history books about the Soviet Union and Germany,
for instance.
Gary
2018-12-07 12:54:36 UTC
[...]
All we need now is for some psycho named "Adolph" or "Joseph" to come along and lead us.
Emotionally -- most Americans are ready to follow.
mg
2018-12-10 12:07:42 UTC
[...]
Indeed. That's very true and I'm at the point now where I think almost
anything, or anybody, would be an improvement. My philosophy for the
last few years is that you "have to break a few eggs to make an
omelette.
Gary
2018-12-07 15:55:54 UTC
Nnow that you point it out -- I do think a lot of Americans do seek a deity who is lower
and weaker that they are. Otherwise -- why would they want Earthly leaders like Hillary
and Barry ?
As someone once said: "The times, they are a changing !"
Yes, indeed. When we were kids, we used to read about history in
school and now we are experiencing it daily. The bad news is that we
are going in a bad direction. The good news is that we are
experiencing the brain washing of millions of people first hand and,
therefore, getting a first hand lesson on how it works, rather than
having to read the history books about the Soviet Union and Germany,
for instance.
Let me add a thought on the changing times. I saw on TV this morning that the chosen
host of the Oscar Awards has stepped down. I have never heard of him, but his name is
Kevin Hart. He's stepping down because some anti-gay tweets, and comments he made ten
years ago -- has come back to haunt him. And the gays want him dumped !

I began to wonder about why Kevin (he's not Irish -- he's Hottentot) was chosen in the
first place ? Was it because of his very high knowledge and experience with making
movies and working with stars ? Was it because of his high intelligence ? Or maybe
because of his charm and powerful personality ? Or maybe because of his Clark
Gable/Rock Hudson like handsome face ?

No .. it was none of those things. After all --- he is a colored boy. My point is
-- his being selected at all -- shows how much our culture has/is changing since us
retirees were young adults. Imagine back in the 1960s when choosing a host for the
Oscars -- what would have been the criteria ? To select a person who would be liked
by a hundred million white TV viewers. That criteria no longer matters. What they
want now is ..... somebody who will be loved and admired by a few thousand Harlem
Trotters.

Let me add another thought. In the past 50 years, America dropped from one of the top
countries in culture -- to just another third world. However -- we are still a great
country when it comes to economics and military power.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-07 16:49:20 UTC
[...]
I'm glad to hear that if a black person was the nominee
and had made anti-white tweets and comments ten years
ago, you wouldn't want him dumped.
Gary
2018-12-07 17:50:04 UTC
[...]
Black, white, yellow or brown, I wouldn't be upset at what he said. In my years upon
this Earth -- I have heard more anti-white comments from minorities than I have anything
else.

What aggravates me about this particular case with Kevn Hart is -- the people who bring it
to us (TV stations and web sites) do not tell us WHAT he said. They'll discuss for
hours about him saying something "terrible" -- but never tell us what it was. I see
that in a lot of cases.

For instance if a white politician is heard to say "nigger" -- the news will tell us that
he said something terrible about black people -- but will never tell us "what" he said.
Why is that ? If what somebody said is too terrible to quote -- maybe they should not
mention it at all.

When I was young, the press prided itself on bringing to the public the five "W"s of a
story. Which were..... "Who, what, when, where, why ...and .... How". Now they seem
to restrict it to the two "W"s. Who and when".
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-08 07:52:27 UTC
[...]
Me too. I don't blame them, because I feel their attitude toward
white people like myself is justified. I still don't feel comfortable
in the rawer versions of that world though. I mentioned to my
niece on the phone today that I had gone for a haircut earlier
at my favourite place near Mission and 16th, after which I
continued on a Mission bus to Mission and 3d Streets, from where
it's a short walk to my Favourite Chinese take-out (or eat-in)
restaurant. I called the ride on that bus a "zoo", because it was
full of heavy-duty Latino-culture people whose world is alien to
me. One young woman near me was talking to a guy standing
some distance away from her in the aisle, and it seemed that
every third or fourth word she spoke was some variation of "
fuck". While I was waiting for the bus away from the barber
shop, I noticed two guys running across the intersection, followed
by another running guy who seemed to be chasing them. Within
a minute after that, I heard a lot of police sirens coming from
every which direction. I don't know what was going on there,
but obviously it wasn't good.
Gary
2018-12-08 13:01:34 UTC
[...]
Most of the hatred blacks show for whites has nothing to do with anything we have done.
It's because of the stories they have heard about slavery days. When the blacks are
kids, they see their grandpa sitting on the porch all day. And then they hear him tell
stories about how his grandpa had to pick cotton all day for the white boss man.

Imagine that ! Having to work for a living. That's a terrible thought in the culture
of the Hood.
Post by rumpelstiltskin
I still don't feel comfortable
in the rawer versions of that world though. I mentioned to my
niece on the phone today that I had gone for a haircut earlier
at my favourite place near Mission and 16th, after which I
continued on a Mission bus to Mission and 3d Streets, from where
it's a short walk to my Favourite Chinese take-out (or eat-in)
restaurant. I called the ride on that bus a "zoo", because it was
full of heavy-duty Latino-culture people whose world is alien to
me. One young woman near me was talking to a guy standing
some distance away from her in the aisle, and it seemed that
every third or fourth word she spoke was some variation of "
fuck".
Maybe she was trying to sell him something :-)
but obviously it wasn't good.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-08 17:39:43 UTC
[...]
That legacy doesn't disappear after one or even ten
generations, so it IS because of what we have done.
Post by Gary
When the blacks are
kids, they see their grandpa sitting on the porch all day. And then they hear him tell
stories about how his grandpa had to pick cotton all day for the white boss man.
Imagine that ! Having to work for a living. That's a terrible thought in the culture
of the Hood.
As a "man of leisure" myself, it is a ghastly thought to have
to work at picking cotton. What a rotten job.

Have you painted your own porch lately, BTW? You seem
to me something of a porch monkey yourself, but so are
most of us in this newsgroup.
but obviously it wasn't good.
Gary
2018-12-08 18:26:09 UTC
[...]
Look at the bright side. Had my ancestors not bought slaves -- some black people in
Georgia today -- would live in Africa. Crawling around on the ground looking for bugs
and worms to eat. Just like their ancestors did. They ought to all give us white
folks a moment of thanks every week.

BTW, my ancestors were slaves to the Feudal Lords back about 500 years ago. I have no
hate or resentment to that class of people.
When the blacks are
kids, they see their grandpa sitting on the porch all day. And then they hear him tell
stories about how his grandpa had to pick cotton all day for the white boss man.
Imagine that ! Having to work for a living. That's a terrible thought in the culture
of the Hood.
As a "man of leisure" myself, it is a ghastly thought to have
to work at picking cotton. What a rotten job.
Actually picking cotton is not very hard. I use to pick some at my uncle's farm when I
was 12 or 13 years old. I suppose it could get awful boring after a few hours -- but
what doesn't.

Why were slaves bought to do the job ? That's a little hard for us to understand
today. But back in the early 1700s, the only cheap labor available to planters --
were Englishmen and Scots just arrived in America. Problem was -- being from Britain
-- they could not tolerate the heat in a cotton field in the deep South. (daily summer
temperature about 100 degrees) They figured Africans would be use to such heat and could
spend all day picking cotton. And then guess what happened ? Here it is. The
first written record of slaves coming to America :

In 1619 John Rolfe made a diary note.

"About the last of August, came in a dutch man of warre that sold us twenty Negars."
Post by rumpelstiltskin
Have you painted your own porch lately, BTW? You seem
to me something of a porch monkey yourself, but so are
most of us in this newsgroup.
No, no ! A porch monkey doesn't do any work of any kind. All they do is sit out on
the porch -- in a rocking chair -- and watch the other people work.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-08 19:06:37 UTC
[...]
So did our ancestors. Civilization is just a thin layer
on the top of the pillar or time.
Post by Gary
BTW, my ancestors were slaves to the Feudal Lords back about 500 years ago. I have no
hate or resentment to that class of people.
I do resent what still remains of feudalism. We
should be past that by now, IMV, but we aren't.
It's very likely I'm expecting more of the human
animal than the human animal can deliver, though.

Rich people think they deserve to be rich, just
as Charles II, when he returned to England after
the collapse of the Commonwealth, said that he
was the rightful king of England and no man of
fair mind could dispute that. (I dispute it!)
When the blacks are
kids, they see their grandpa sitting on the porch all day. And then they hear him tell
stories about how his grandpa had to pick cotton all day for the white boss man.
Imagine that ! Having to work for a living. That's a terrible thought in the culture
of the Hood.
As a "man of leisure" myself, it is a ghastly thought to have
to work at picking cotton. What a rotten job.
Actually picking cotton is not very hard. I use to pick some at my uncle's farm when I
was 12 or 13 years old. I suppose it could get awful boring after a few hours -- but
what doesn't.
I may never even have seen a cotton plant, so I can't
judge from personal experience. As I mentioned to my
brother-in-law recently, and as I think I've posted in this
group, the only job I ever had that I really enjoyed was
as a teenager helping to load up delivery carts with
hospital meals, then sometimes pushing those carts up
to the appropriate hospital wards. The only enjoyable
thing about it was really that I was a teenager among
other teenagers, and there's no substitute for youth.
I'm very glad I retired partially about age 50 and
completely a couple of years later. All my adult working
life, I was looking ahead to getting out of the rat race.
And I had "good" jobs: I can't imagine how depressed
I'd have been if I'd had ordinary working-stiff jobs.
Gary
2018-12-09 12:46:05 UTC
Me too. I don't blame them, because I feel their attitude toward
white people like myself is justified.
Most of the hatred blacks show for whites has nothing to do with anything we have done.
It's because of the stories they have heard about slavery days.
That legacy doesn't disappear after one or even ten
generations, so it IS because of what we have done.
Look at the bright side. Had my ancestors not bought slaves -- some black people in
Georgia today -- would live in Africa. Crawling around on the ground looking for bugs
and worms to eat. Just like their ancestors did. They ought to all give us white
folks a moment of thanks every week.
So did our ancestors. Civilization is just a thin layer
on the top of the pillar or time.
True. But our European ancestors quit "crawling around" about 3,000 years ago. In
Africa -- they were still at it 200 years ago. And some are probably still at it.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-09 15:46:33 UTC
[...]
There were empires in Africa before any in Europe. The
civilization of ancient Egypt predated and served as a model
for the Greek and Roman civilizations. Meanwhile, the
people of Germany and Britain and other points north were
savages.
Gary
2018-12-09 16:04:10 UTC
[...]
My reading of ancient and prehistoric culture led me to read a new
book a few months ago. It is entitled:

Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt

This book explains that historians have been wrong for the past 3,000
years. Yes, indeed ! You see, the pharaohs of ancient Egypt
were all black people. And we've just now discovered that.

So in the future when you think of the people who designed and built
the pyramids and enslaved the Jews -- don't think of King Tut and
Ramses. Think of Amos and Andy.

My Great-grandfather use to wonder why they stood around in the cotton
fields all day. He didn't realize they were thinking about building
a pyramid.

Isn't Black History marvelous ? Below is what Amazon says of the
book !

Presents proof that an advanced black African civilization inhabited
the Sahara long before Pharaonic Egypt

Reveals black Africa to be at the genesis of ancient civilization and
the human story

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Genesis-Prehistoric-Origins-Ancient/dp/159143114X
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-09 21:40:54 UTC
[...]
There was one Nubian pharaoh, but only the one,
that I've ever heard of.
Gary
2018-12-09 23:25:15 UTC
[...]
On the subject of ancient countries -- I ran across an interesting article today.

The Fascinating Quest to Find the Oldest Country in the World

https://historyplex.com/oldest-country-in-world
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-10 00:43:58 UTC
[...]
That's an interesting site, but as that site
itself notes, great civilizations have existed then
vanished. You can't count Egypt as a continuous
civilization since modern Egypt bears no relation
to the Egypt of the pharaohs. The same might
be said of Greece.

I don't think one could find the "oldest
country in the world" because one would have
to define what a "country" is, and I very much
doubt that any attempted definition could
achieve much of a consensus.
Gary
2018-12-10 12:33:13 UTC
[...]
You are right. I do wonder where the first human "community" was. Was it Africa or
Asia ? Who settled the first community ? Was it cavemen or was it ...... Ancient
Aliens :-)
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-10 15:18:45 UTC
[...]
Ancient aliens are highly unlikely. In the early days of
mankind's struggle for survival, travel was so perilous
that people mostly stayed where they were born and
could rely on help from their own tribe. So
"community" doubtless arose independently in many
places.

The English and Spanish had no knowledge at all
that there were people in North and South America,
or even that there was a North and South America,
until very recently. When they found out there were
people there, they immediately set about robbing,
murdering, and enslaving them. That doesn't say
much for any pipe dreams of an instinctive basic
decency of mankind, does it? Even today, blacks
and whites and browns are often at each other's
throats in the USA, and look what the Germans
turned into less than a hundred years ago.
Gary
2018-12-12 15:54:36 UTC
[...]
I can't totally dismiss ancient aliens. To me -- there are only two theories as to how
we humans originated. Evolution and "somethign from space". Evolution is OK, but
there are too many things questions that bother me. I like aliens.

One of the great questions to me is solved by aliens. "Why are there three or maybe
four races of humans? And how did we get so different ?" With the aliens -- it would
have been because they brought people here from different (far-away) planets. With
evolution -- it demands our Neanderthal ancestor mated with different kinds of monkeys.

Whatever -- the caveman was our ancestor. And we can find a few clues as to his
presence.
rumpelstiltskin
2018-12-12 17:58:49 UTC
[...]
There's no evidence for ancient aliens, and even if some
did come here we'd be left with the question of how they
came into being, which is the same question as how we
came into being except for substituting a conjectured
"they" for the for-sure "we".
Post by Gary
Whatever -- the caveman was our ancestor. And we can find a few clues as to his
presence.
There wasn't just one type of "caveman". We're part
Neanderthal and part other types of hominid.

w***@gmail.com
2018-12-04 17:25:25 UTC
Post by The Man in the High Castle
https://www.theonion.com/christ-super-embarrassed-about-all-that-stupid-shit-he-1830823851?utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR14ZCp732wQDyP7sckRO4TVELsp7o9z0CubUnucpL1V76-RZI4QUQ0QGe0
When the Onion gets serious let me know!