The Bizarre Facebook Path To Corporate Fascism
2018-08-08 08:03:09 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/bizarre-facebook-path-corporate-fascism
mg
2018-08-09 08:23:07 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/bizarre-facebook-path-corporate-fascism
Will all the f**king traitors on this newsgroup, who are willing to
give up their freedom so easily, please step forward and identify
yourself.

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.
me
2018-08-09 10:03:46 UTC
Why do you suppose there is no federal Department of Liberty or Cabinet Secretary for Freedom?
http://www.endit.info/Reality.shtml
El Castor
2018-08-10 06:14:46 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/bizarre-facebook-path-corporate-fascism
Will all the f**king traitors on this newsgroup, who are willing to
give up their freedom so easily, please step forward and identify
yourself.
Effective bullshit usually has some truth mixed into a web of lies,
deceit, and gross exaggeration.

Wikipedia On Zerohedge ...
"Former Zero Hedge writer Colin Lokey said that he was pressured to
frame issues in a way he felt was "disingenuous," summarizing its
political stances as "Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar
al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry=dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest
leader in the history of statecraft." Zero Hedge founder Daniel
Ivandjiiski, in response, said that Lokey could write "anything and
everything he wanted directly without anyone writing over it."[20] On
leaving, Lokey said: "I can't be a 24-hour cheerleader for Hezbollah,
Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, and Trump anymore. It's wrong. Period. I know
it gets you views now, but it will kill your brand over the long run.
This isn't a revolution. It's a joke.""
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

The piece you referenced started out in life in the "Black Agenda
Report -- News, commentary and analysis from the Black left" Glen
Ford, the author of your piece, is the Executive Editor.
https://blackagendareport.com/

If I don't buy the Zerohedge and Black Agenda bullshit, does that make
me a "traitor"? If so, count me in.
mg
2018-08-10 07:07:52 UTC
On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 23:14:46 -0700, El Castor
[...]
It's not where words and ideas come from that's important, it's what
the words and ideas are that's important. That's a simple concept,
EC. I don't understand why you have so much trouble grasping it. If
Washington, and Franklin, and Jefferson, and Madison, and Hancock, had
been as black as the ace of spades of spades, their ideas would have
still been just as valid as they are today. Or, if Karl Marx had said
that two plus two equals four, that would have been just as valid as
if Adam Smith had said it.

Getting back to the subject at hand, though, I do think that anyone
who is willing, if not eager, to let the government control who can
post his opinion on the internet is a traitorous scumbag.
El Castor
2018-08-10 19:07:34 UTC
[...]
Here is the technique (known as The Big Lie) that the author employs
-- he sets you up with some partly true assertions, but with lies and
exaggeration mixed in , and then whacks you with the ultimate "truth"
(the Big Lie), which you are expected to swallow, and probably do --
in part because it's what you want to believe, and who could fabricate
such an enormous lie?

You think you are sold by "facts", but what exactly is August 12? What
is proto fascism? For that matter, what exactly is fascism? That word
is a useful tool. Whatever it is, we know its something that has to be
fought with any means necessary. Riots, civil war, whatever ...
anything is justified in the fight against fascism, and the author has
sucked a willing and naive audience into swallowing his bullshit. BTW
-- you just swallowed the tip of the ice berg. Head on over to The
Black Agenda Report for a much larger dose of what you want to hear.
mg
2018-08-16 05:06:06 UTC
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:07:34 -0700, El Castor
[...]
What I said was that anyone who is willing to let the government
control who can post his opinion on the internet is a traitorous
scumbag.

That's my opinion and I doubt that it will change and my opinion is
not dependent on anything specifically that might, or might not have
been said in the referenced article, or any other article, or any
future article. In fact, I haven't read the article in question. My
opinion is based on elements of American culture, traditions, and
values that I have always believed in. My opinion is not based on some
recent internet article written by someone who may, or may not have,
the same concept of freedom and democracy and American culture and
traditions that I have.

We are not afraid to entrust the American
people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas,
alien philosophies, and competitive values.
For a nation that is afraid to let its
people judge the truth and falsehood in an
open market is a nation that is afraid of
its people.
-- John F. Kennedy

-----------------------------------
Censorship reflects society's lack
of confidence in itself. It is a
hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
-- Potter Stewart, U.S. v. Ginzburg,1965

------------------------------
We can never be sure that the
opinion we are endeavoring to
stifle is a false opinion; and
if we were sure, stifling it
would be an evil still.
-- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

---------------------------------
I disapprove of what you say, but
I will defend to the death your
right to say it.
-- Evelyn Beatrice Hall,The Friends of Voltaire

---------------------------------
If we don't believe in freedom of
expression for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all.
-- Noam Chomsky
El Castor
2018-08-16 08:59:44 UTC
[...]
No you did not. What you said appeared to be a comment on a rambling
Zerohedge piece that claimed to be about "corporate fascism" --
whatever that is.

"Will all the f**king traitors on this newsgroup, who are willing to
give up their freedom so easily, please step forward and identify
yourself." ... You

Where did this "government control" thing come from? Show me where the
government is trying to control who can post on the Internet, and
please be specific. Last I heard, we still have a First Amendment. BTW
-- FaceBook is not the government.
Post by mg
That's my opinion and I doubt that it will change and my opinion is
not dependent on anything specifically that might, or might not have
been said in the referenced article, or any other article, or any
future article. In fact, I haven't read the article in question. My
opinion is based on elements of American culture, traditions, and
values that I have always believed in. My opinion is not based on some
recent internet article written by someone who may, or may not have,
the same concept of freedom and democracy and American culture and
traditions that I have.
Huh? You haven't even read the article? WTF?
-- Noam Chomsky
Weatherman
2018-08-09 10:05:47 UTC
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-07/bizarre-facebook-path-corporate-fascism
So stupid here doesn't know what Terms of Use means. Everyone act surprised.